Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Husband arrested in killing of pregnant wife, 2 young kids; her body found

I think I would try to disappear, too. Imagine what a man that killed not only his wife but his two chidren cold blooded, just like that, is capable of. I'm pretty sure he manipulated the girlfriend and told her all kinds of lies. It's perfectly believable that she thought the two of them weren't an item anymore and probably she had no idea about the pregnancy as well. But how many people will believe her? Without having any doubt that she knew they were still together, or what he had planned to do? I would go and try to start a new life somewhere else, where nobody knows me.
    -

yeah, people don't just go into witness protection because they want to. if she's being put into the program it's because there's sufficient justification.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe she's had serious death threats from the public?
    Kittylady likes this.

I was just checking the Wiki entry on the US Witness Protection Program - and I'm curious as to how she is eligible for protection. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ection_Program

From reading the origin and mandate of the program, they don't put you in there just because a bunch of people really hate you - even if they have threatened you with death.

The program arose out of another program called the "Organized Crime Control Act of 1970". It appears it was set up to encourage organized crime insiders to give testimony against more important targets. The program now seems to be for anyone who testifies as a witness against someone else in a criminal proceeding and has the reasonable fear of deadly retaliation.

Another important stat associated with the program is that 95% of those protected in the program are "criminals" themselves. Either committed a crime themselves, or they did business with a criminal.

From what I can see there was no formal trial for Watts, and no need for testimony from Kessinger, because he pleaded guilty as part of a deal.
    fgg, Mivvi21, Nevan and 1 others like this.

maybe she was involved in a relatively minor way and provided information/evidence (accessory after the fact, or maybe she knew where the bodies were) and her deal was immunity and witness protection?
    Novice likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's the only reason that would make sense to me. But it seems like her testimony would also have to be key to putting him away. I got the impression that the tipping point toward his confession was when he found out that they showed him security camera video from his neighbor's house that not only contradicted his statement about not being near his house at the time, but also showing him bringing out separate bags that would have matched the size of his family members' bodies.

Kesinger's Internet searches before and after the fact were pretty disturbing and makes me wonder what she knew.

6/11/2018 - Shannan Watts surprises husband Chris with positive pregnancy test for their third child

6/14/2018 - Chris Watts enters coworker Nichole Kessinger's contact information into his phone

6/17/2018 - Chris Watts tells Kessinger he is separated from his wife and is in the process of getting a divorce

6/27/2018 - Shannan takes daughters on 5-week vacation to North Carolina. Chris stays at home to work, but will join them later

7/4/2018 - While his wife and kids are on a 5-week vacation to North Carolina, Kessinger comes to Christ Watts' house and plans a diet for him and has a lunch that he prepares. Then, they depart.

7/7/2018 - First call is logged between Watts and Kessinger

7/10/2018 - Shannan (who is still on vacation with the kids) notes in text messages to Chris that he seems distant and uninterested in talking to her. He says he has just been busy at work,

7/14/2018 - Kessinger and Watts go on a date to a car museum. Shannan, during that date, makes 4 calls to Chris from NC, all of which go unanswered.

7/18/2018 - Kessinger sends seminude photos to Chris, who hides them on a secret calculator app (???) on his phone

7/24/2018 - Kessinger Google-searched the phrase “Man I’m having affair with says he will leave his wife.”

7/28/2018 - Kessinger goes on an overnight date to a national park with Watts

7/30/2018 - Watts sends love letter to Kessinger then heads to North Carolina to meet up with Shannan and kids

8/4/2018 - for over two hours Kessinger searched Google for wedding dresses,

8/4/2018 - there is also some kind of blowup between Shannan and Chris about Chris' parents and particularly Chris' mom's recklessness about eating food around the kids that she knows one of them is allergic to.

8/7/2018 - Shannan text with friends and confides problems with Chris. Won't touch her. Barely talks to her. Doesn't want the new baby. Refuses to go to counseling.

8/8/2018 - Kessinger searched Google on topics relating to “marrying your mistress.”

8/9/2018 - Shannan texts a friend that she's cried all week. She had asked Chris how things went from so intimate and close before vacation to how it is now. He told her he had had time to think about things. Can't understand how he changed his mind about wanting a baby. Begins to suspect he is having an affair, but doesn't think he really has it in him.

8/9/2018 - later in the day, Shannan texts friend that Chris is acting better but still distant. More talking. She heads out on a business trip to Arizona.

8/9/2018 - Shannan also texts a friend an incredibly heartfelt letter she hand wrote to Chris saying how much she missed everything about him and can't understand how everything went wrong - "Fell out of compatibility" according to Chris, apparently. The only thing she can figure is the rift she has with Chris' family but is willing to work on.

8/11/2018 - Chris tells Shannan he has a babysitter watching the kids while he goes to a baseball game with coworkers, but he is actually going on a date with Kessinger.

8/12/2018 - Shannan texts a note to a friend. the note basically is a plea to Chris to work on figuring out what went wrong and how she can work on it with him.

8/13/2018 - Chris Watts murders his family.

8/15/2018 - Chris Watts charged with his family's murder

8/16//2018 - Bodies of wife and daughters found on property of Watts' former employer

8/19/2018 - Kessinger Google searches "Did people hate Amber Frey?" along with queries about Frey's book deal and her net worth

8/21/2018 - Watts charged with 5 counts of First Degree Murder

11/6/2018 - Watts pleads guilty to the murders

11/19/2018 - Watts is sentenced to life in prison without parole

[note there's more timeline that has to do with how he screwed up his story and got caught]. I'll try to add it later. No smoking gun on Kessinger except her lying about what she knew about Chris' marriage and when she knew it.

Source:
    https://people.com/crime/chris-watts...wedding-dress/
    https://www.thisisinsider.com/chris-...hold-of-her-29
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_family_homicides

czb

1/16/2019 - czb realizes that kessinger is a total dumbass, solely based on mo's list of her google searches.

1/17/2019 - twitchy is reminded that wiping her search history is long overdue
    czb, Waterslide, sputnik and 5 others like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

1/17/19 Shellee wonders if it ever really gets wiped.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

"Did people hate Amber Frey?" I don't know, maybe we should consult the SECRET CALCULATOR APP to find out more. For fuck's sake.
    czb, SHELLEE, Mivvi21 and 3 others like this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

What kind of a woman searches for TWO HOURS about wedding dresses for a guy who is "separated" and less than two months after actually meeting him?? Desperate much?

I still don't understand why she needs to go into the witness protection program. It's mostly used for government witnesses or associates of the mafia that have turned. She's neither. Chris already confessed, so it's not as if her testimony (if there is any) is essential to putting him away for life/death penalty. It's not like Chris is a connected made man OR that anyone is on Chris's side that she would need to be protected from. It makes no sense .... and yet, she'll get financial benefit from the government setting her up in her new life.
    SHELLEE, Mivvi21, Trixie and 1 others like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

Secret Calculator app: it's a vault for hiding things. App looks like a calculator but you enter your PIN and your hidden photos, videos, whatever come up.
    Waterslide likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    What kind of a woman searches for TWO HOURS about wedding dresses for a guy who is "separated" and less than two months after actually meeting him?? Desperate much?

I still don't understand why she needs to go into the witness protection program. It's mostly used for government witnesses or associates of the mafia that have turned. She's neither. Chris already confessed, so it's not as if her testimony (if there is any) is essential to putting him away for life/death penalty. It's not like Chris is a connected made man OR that anyone is on Chris's side that she would need to be protected from. It makes no sense .... and yet, she'll get financial benefit from the government setting her up in her new life.
    That's what I'm thinking. She can change her name, scrub her internet presence, move somewhere else, who gives a rats ass. But I don't see why she should get any help from the government.

I'm surprised she hasn't sought out Gloria Allred yet, so she can do interviews, write a book, and maybe even get a Lifetime movie made about her! (Sorry, but I think Chris blew the chance for her to be the next "Amber Frey famous witness for the prosecution!" since he plead guilty...)
    Nevan and lindsaywhit like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Secret Calculator app: it's a vault for hiding things. App looks like a calculator but you enter your PIN and your hidden photos, videos, whatever come up.
    I actually have something like this on my laptop, only I’m not hiding naked pics of my mistress. I have it for legal documents so my son doesn’t accidentally stumble onto them.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

I'm intrigued by that app, too -- I don't have a mistress or legal docs. I wonder if it encrypts the files, too. That would be the best situation.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information