Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Gunman Opens Fire at Oregon College, Multiple Fatalities

He needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY from his position. This is outrageous.
    Mivvi21 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The fetishizing of the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with these types of incidents, nothing at all.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I don't understand the "cars are as bad as guns" argument either. Cars are vehicles designed to move people around. Guns are weapons designed to kill. Most household fatalities occur in the bathroom so should we ban those too?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Americans will never give up the "freedom" of allowing mentally ill people legal and easy access to guns. The will to change just isn't there. Blame the people, not the law.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Oregon's hero, Chris Mintz, pleaded with the shooter: 'It's my son's birthday'

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/oregons-hero-chris-mintz-pleaded-with-the-shooter-its-my-sons-birthday/ar-AAf3Ohj?li=AA4RE4&ocid=

Los Angeles Times
    Marisa Gerber 7 hrs ago

The Army records of the shooter at Umpqua Community College and one of his victims couldn't be more different.

Chris Harper-Mercer, who killed nine people at the school, served in the Army for about one month in 2008, from Nov. 5 through Dec. 11. Records show he was discharged for failing to meet the minimum administrative standards to serve.

Christopher Lee Mintz, 30, was an Army veteran who had served in Iraq, according to his family. When the gunman opened fire in a classroom next to his, Mintz rushed toward the sound of the bullets popping, according to an account he gave Jayme Skinner, the mother of his son.

GoFundMe Christopher Lee Mintz, 30, is an Army veteran who had served in Iraq.

Mintz approached the gunman and pleaded with him.

"It's my son's birthday!" Mintz told the shooter as he collapsed to the ground, Skinner said.

Bullets hit Mintz in the upper back, hip, abdomen and left hand, Skinner said, but he is in stable condition at the hospital - he even smiled for a bedside photograph.

Their son, Tyrik, turned 6 on Thursday. He has autism, Skinner said, and doesn't understand what happened.

"It's a blessing," Skinner said, tears welling in her eyes.

She said she wasn't at all surprised by Mintz's instinct to jump in and try to protect others - he served in Iraq, she said, as an Army infantry soldier.

"I would've been shocked if he didn't," she said.

Mintz's family told WFMY News 2 that when the shooting erupted he told his classmates to remain calm before he went to confront the heavily armed Harper-Mercer, who was later shot and killed in a gun battle with sheriff's deputies.

Skinner said Mintz - who's also a body builder - is originally from North Carolina, but came to Oregon with her. He enrolled at Umpqua, she said, because he wants to be a personal trainer and the school has a good program.

During his military service, Mintz earned three awards, Army records show: the National Defense Service Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.

"Chris is an inspiration to all of us," wrote a cousin, Carla Earnhardt, on Facebook. "He is in a lot of pain right now and has a long road of recovery ahead of him. He didn't do what he did for the attention, he did it because that is Chris.

"That's the kind of person he is ... it's a shame that he fought for our country only to be shot on U.S. soil while trying to better himself."

Yes,the mental health system is in shambles in the US, but why does that have to be fixed before you can do something about gun laws? Fixing the mental health system and changing the way people view mental illness will take decades. And it should be done, don't get me wrong. Changing gun laws in comparison is relatively easy, and won't affect sane, responsible gun owners save for the fact that thy might have to wait a couple of days before being able to buy a gun. Cheap, easy way to make things better. If it weren't for the crazy paranoid gun nut lobby and its fans.
    witchcurlgirl, Brah, A*O and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Surely we should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time...
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Mum of Oregon shooter bragged about her arsenal of weapons online: report

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/mum-of-oregon-shooter-bragged-about-her-arsenal-of-weapons-online-report/ar-AAf3PNa?li=AA4RE4&ocid=

New York Daily News
    Denis Slattery 16 hrs ago

Provided by New York Daily News Chris Harper-Mercer, 26, was carrying several weapons when he shot up the school. - Michael Sullivan/AP

The mother of the rage-filled loner who shot and killed nine people at an Oregon community college blasted opponents of open-carry laws and bragged about her personal arsenal of weapons online, according to reports.

Laurel Harper, a nurse who shared an apartment near the Umpqua Community College campus with her troubled 26-year-old son Chris Harper Mercer, boasted on Facebook that she owned a stockpile of handguns and assault rifles, according to vocativ.com.

“And when the mood strikes, and as long as we’re tossing around brand names, I sling an AR, Tek-9 or AK over my shoulder, or holster a Glock 21 (not 22), or one of my other handguns, like the Sig Sauer P226, and walk out the door,” Harper bragged. “I find the shotguns are a little too cumbersome to open carry.”

The Facebook post was in response to comments about open-carry laws.

Harper and Mercer moved to Winchester, Oregon, from Torrance, California, around 2013, neighbours and officials said.

Former neighbours that knew the pair in California said that Mercer kept to himself, but if he did talk, it would be as if he was having a temper tantrum.

But many described Harper as the opposite, outgoing, chatty and looking to make a new start in Oregon.

Harper hid her love for weaponry beneath her sunny exterior, and even argued that open-carry laws would not work everywhere.

"You can’t be that naive, can you? It’s ridiculously easy to understand the apprehension associated with open carry. I moved from So. Calif. to Oregon, from Southern Crime-a-mania to open carry. An open carry law won’t work everywhere,” Harper wrote.

Officials said her son was heavily armed when he arrived on the campus Thursday morning, carrying a half-dozen weapons with him.

Seven other weapons were recovered from the home the mother and son shared, officials said.

The killer asked his victims if they were Christian before shooting them at point blank range, witnesses said.

Mercer died in a shootout with police shortly after the gunfire began at 10:38 a.m. Thursday.

She's basically Nancy Lanza 2.0.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Surely we should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time...
    We can't and don't call me surely.
    witchcurlgirl, sputnik and Trixie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Hi Shirley.
    SHELLEE and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I have no idea if that was aimed at me so, for the fourth time, it is multi factorial.

Saw this today and found it interesting and hard to argue with: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/04...m.facebook.com

That is an interesting article, Bella. Personally, I think the US needs to completely ban the sales on automatic or semi-automatic weapons. I don't understand why anyone outside of the police or the military needs these types of weapons. You certainly aren't hunting with a gun that can shoot many multiple bullets so quickly. (You can probably tell I know NOTHING about guns). There is no reason for the average person to own that type of gun.

If US citizens really wanted to make a change they would ban all gun sales. I know it's extreme and I know it's an unpopular opinion here. I have this conservative friend who is constantly posting about how police officers are being targeted and she lives in fear for her husband. Well, if guns weren't so easily accessible she would probably live in less fear. But, don't you dare take her guns and how DARE Obama (who I'm pretty sure she believes is Muslim) even mention her 2nd amendment rights.

Things need to change dramatically because how they are now obviously isn't working.

Here is another very good opinion piece written by a preschool teacher: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...549_story.html

As a parent of a preschooler and a 1st grader I often wonder about these drills. I find it sad that this is what my kids have to deal with at school. I'm sad that my teacher friends have to do these drills.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information