Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Gun-nut Mom stabs/shoots both daughters dead on dad's birthday

Elite Member

Well, we're ALL going to be dead at some point. I wouldn't say trying to figure out things and make them better for others in a similar situation is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    More facts from the story below:

Christy Sheats had attempted suicide three times previously.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/t...yeM#.blAaw1zOw
    Too bad she didn't succeed.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Well, we're ALL going to be dead at some point. I wouldn't say trying to figure out things and make them better for others in a similar situation is a bad idea.
    Yeah, but does that really happen? Or is it just a lot of head shaking and hand wringing? As long as mentally ill people can legally obtain guns, this will continue to happen. And this was a woman with documented mental illness and suicide attempts.

I know a knife was also used as a weapon here, but without the gun it would have been 3 against 1 and they might have been able to subdue her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

How hard would it be to have, as a condition of release from a mental hospital, to have a local sheriff confiscate all weapons in a home? Why is this not the crux of this story? My understanding is that she didn't even buy her weapon(s), they/it were inherited from an uncle.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    How hard would it be to have, as a condition of release from a mental hospital, to have a local sheriff confiscate all weapons in a home? Why is this not the crux of this story? My understanding is that she didn't even buy her weapon(s), they/it were inherited from an uncle.
    Exactly. The latest reports out of Houston are that the State of Texas DENIED her a gun permit and the gun she used was one her late grandfather had given her...and she did NOT have a permit to use it. (Texas takes it's gun laws and permits very seriously.)
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Exactly. The latest reports out of Houston are that the State of Texas DENIED her a gun permit and the gun she used was one her late grandfather had given her...and she did NOT have a permit to use it. (Texas takes it's gun laws and permits very seriously.)
    I guess the question then is why, after declaring on FaceBook that she had a gun, and knowing that she was so mentally unstable that she was hospitalized at least three times, did her husband not see this as a huge red flag and go to the authorities to help get this gun taken away from her?
    Bluebonnet and Serendipity like this.

I guess the question then is why, after declaring on FaceBook that she had a gun, and knowing that she was so mentally unstable that she was hospitalized at least three times, did her husband not see this as a huge red flag and go to the authorities to help get this gun taken away from her?
    Here's an interesting, fairly recent, article in the Houston Chronicle pertaining to this issue. The way I read it, the police could not have confiscated her guns because she had not used them to commit a crime. Hopefully, this incident will help change those laws. Texas police often powerless to keep guns seized from mentally ill - Houston Chronicle
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

That's what everyone is wondering. She probably had it hidden from him. Crazy bitch.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

I cannot imagine the horror of watching a family member slip deeper and deeper into full-blown psychosis. Although, I do have an extended family member who appears to be somewhere on the edge. She has threatened suicide (and to take the kids with her when she does it). Made outrageous claims. Disappeared for days. Her dad died of some kind of brain cancer, and she makes me wonder if it is hereditary. The only positive is that she doesn't appear to be a gun owner. But who knows?

Several FB pages link to sites that said she was distraught because her daughters were dating black men...but some posters say that it's not true...can anyone confirm.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I hadn't heard that. Just that the older daughter was supposed to get married that week. Everything I've read says her alleged motive was to make her husband suffer the loss of the daughters. And that's why she didn't shoot him too. Sick sick sick.

A pic of the daughter and her fiance, Juan Lugo.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The mom was a psycho and should never have been let near guns. Sometimes I think even the most sane people should not have guns - all it takes is a bad day, and you're on FOX at Ten.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

AMILY TRAGEDY: Officials ID slain daughters, mom shot by officers
    "I told you ...," she says, before a man's voice can be heard shouting, "Please forgive me, I'm sorry."
    The father and daughters can all be heard apologizing to Christy Sheats without explaining why.
    "Wait ... please don't shoot," one of the girls said.
    "Don't do it. Please don't do it," says another
    this is so fucking sad. look at these girls... they had their whole life ahead of them. so unfair.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information