Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grisly details surrounding Canadian greyhound bus beheading released.. blehhh..

Hit By Ban Bus!
    in north carolina for the next 2 years >.<

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    My guess is that's your attempt at humor?
    No. It is being 100% serious. I find it hard to believe that that is worse than anything you've ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post
    No. It is being 100% serious. I find it hard to believe that that is worse than anything you've ever heard of.
    Wow, you're only 19 and in the marine corps; sad to know you're already
    this unaffected by such horrid details.
    My parents were both victims of attrocities by the Japanese in WWII camps,
    so I've heard plenty of terrible things in my lifetime.
    What, in your experience, is the worst you've ever heard of having been
    done to a human being?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

My god.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Might as well, anyone and anything can be the subject of a book these days. Though how can you make a 200 pound novel out of a dude basically chopping off a guy's head and eating his flesh.

Maybe they can flesh it out with background profiles of the people involved, "heroic" actions of the other passengers, etc. etc.

A movie too? That's a bit o' stretch there.
    I think this would be more interesting:

Bus beheading similar to Windigo phenomenon

Aug 12
    By ANDREW HANON -- Sun Media

Nathan Carlson has barely slept since July 30.

"Ever since it happened, I haven't been able to get it out of my head," Carlson says haltingly. "I just don't know what to think of it, quite frankly."

The Edmonton ethno-historian is one of the world's leading experts on Windigo phenomenon, and the recent horrific beheading and alleged cannibalism on a Greyhound bus bound for Winnipeg from Edmonton rocked him to his very core.

As the grisly details of Tim McLean's last moments on Earth came to light in the following days, Carlson sank deeper and deeper into a fog of horror and revulsion.

Vince Weiguang Li is accused of abruptly attacking McLean, who by all accounts he didn't even know -- while McLean slept on the bus.

Up until a few days before the killing, Li held a part- time job delivering newspapers in Edmonton. He was well thought-of by his boss and considered a nice guy, if a bit quiet and shy.

On July 20 -- just 10 days before the killing -- Li delivered copies of the Sun that contained an extensive interview with Carlson about his research into the Windigo, a terrifying creature in native mythology that has a ravenous appetite for human flesh. It could take possession of people and turn them into cannibalistic monsters.

The two-page feature talked about how, in the late 1800s and into the 20th century, Windigo "encounters" haunted communities across northern Alberta and resulted in dozens of gruesome deaths.

In one case, a Cree trapper named Swift Runner was hanged after admitting to killing and eating his wife, children, brother and mother in the woods northeast of Edmonton in the winter of 1878-79.

Prior to being charged with murder, he had suffered screaming fits and nightmares, which he attributed to being possessed by a Windigo.

In several other cases, people banded together and killed individuals they feared were possessed by a Windigo. Often, they would decapitate the corpse and bury the head separate from the body in order to keep it from rising from the dead.

Carlson documented several cases in northern Alberta communities where people believing they were "turning Windigo" would go into convulsions, make terrifying animal sounds and beg their captors to kill them before they started eating people.

In last month's bus case, Li allegedly butchered McLean's body, brandishing the victim's severed head at the men who trapped him on the bus until police could arrive.

He was later accused of eating McLean's flesh.

When he appeared in a Portage La Prairie courthouse on charges of second-degree murder, the only words Li reportedly uttered were pleas for someone to kill him.

A lot of his reported behaviour eerily mirrors the Windigo cases recounted in the newspaper feature that Li helped deliver to Edmonton homes just days before McLean was killed, one of the most gruesome slayings in modern Canadian history.

Several media reports called McLean's killing unprecedented - an unspeakable, random attack the likes of which has never been seen in Canada.

But Carlson knows better.

"There are just too many parallels," he says.

"I can't say there's definite connection, but there are just too many coincidences.

"It's beyond eerie."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Features/2008/08/11/pf-6413481.html

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Wow, you're only 19 and in the marine corps; sad to know you're already
    this unaffected by such horrid details.
    My parents were both victims of attrocities by the Japanese in WWII camps,
    so I've heard plenty of terrible things in my lifetime.
    What, in your experience, is the worst you've ever heard of having been
    done to a human being?
    I once read about this Amish guy: Edward Gingerich - look him up! That story still gives me nightmares... poor Katie and their children!
    The Only Amish Man Convicted of Murder: The True Story of Edward D. Gingerich
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Brackish View Post

The Ling Chi execution is worse than what this guy did. And thousands of people were executed this way in China until 1905.

In England, people were "routinely" executed by drawing and quartering. Which is hanging the "criminal" from a tree until they are barely conscious. And then cutting them down, and while they are still alive cutting off their genitals. Then opening up their midsection and rolling their intestines and bowels onto a spool and then burning all this stuff in front of the condemned's face. Then, they decapitated the person and cut them in four and put the body parts in various public places throughout Britain to teach other's a lesson. It was typically used for people who committed treason, and part of it is depicted in "Braveheart".

So, yes, this is not the worst thing I've ever heard of.

I'm gonna have to look up some of these tortures, I was thinking quartered was when the condemned person was tied to 4 horses and then ripped apart...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

the guy is obviously insane.
    the windigo angle is kinda interesting. i remember studying that in anthropology courses and it's a pretty fascinating phenomenon.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm gonna have to look up some of these tortures, I was thinking quartered was when the condemned person was tied to 4 horses and then ripped apart...

The Wikipedia reference I cited in the first page of this thread has links to actual photos of Chinese Ling Chi at the bottom. Beware........

The Windigo theory is a movie series waiting to happen. Totally Jason and Freddy style.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    This is where the saying 'hung, drawn and quartered' comes from, the punishment Mohandas mentioned. Hanged, drawn and quartered - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The Windigo theory is a movie series waiting to happen. Totally Jason and Freddy style.
    i think 'ravenous' was loosely based in the windigo too. awesome movie
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yup, we had to read about the different types of tortures practiced mostly during the Qing Dynasty in our Chinese History class.

I got pretty grossed out.

Judge just found this guy not criminally liable for beaheading and EATING another person.

Guess the insanity defence worked.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^Well, he IS insane, so...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information