Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grad student decapitated at Virginia Tech

she fell head over heels for him.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    There's plenty of ethnic Chinese who don't go around decapitating people. Two unrelated incidents do not make a trend.
    Especially not since there are billions of ethnic Chinese to begin with.
    2 incidents don't even make 1 percent (or a fraction thereof).
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGatorGirl View Post
    completely OT but you won A bcs bowl...we won THE bcs bowl - the national championship sorry lax, had to throw that out there before the bragging rights wear off.
    You're right! We still won A bowl!

And for what it's worth regarding the Asian decapitation trend (found on Wiki):

In traditional China decapitation was considered a more severe form of punishment than strangulation although strangulation caused more prolonged suffering. This was because in Confucian tradition, bodies were gifts from their parents, and that it was therefore disrespectful to their ancestors to return their bodies to the grave dismembered.

It says it's more common in Japan though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

These is sad.
    Were they dating? What's the backstory?

This is just awful. Poor girl. I also can't imagine being a customer sitting there just having your lunch and then in an instant, witnessing this.

wtf... i think they should change the entrance requirements to that unversity to include pysch testing and metal detectors.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Default Rejected man decapitates fellow student

Update:

Rejected man decapitates fellow student

December 22, 2009, 12:20 pm

A former student of a university in the US has pleaded guilty to decapitating a classmate who had rejected his romantic advances.

Fox News reports Former Virginia Tech graduate student Haiyang Zhu had fallen in love with Xin Yang, but she told him she had a boyfriend and that she planned to marry.

Prosecutors revealed the motives for the campus killing for the first time, as Zhu now faces life in prison.

According to prosecutors, Zhu purchased an eight-inch butcher knife used in the murder, two other knives and a claw hammer on January 21, the morning of the killing.

It is also reported he called the woman a dozen times after buying the weapons.

Prosecutor Brad Finch cited a letter from Zhu to Yang he wrote in jail, which said her rejection "forced him to kill her because he loved her too much."

"Xin broke his heart on the morning of January 20th when she told him that she had a boyfriend and that they planned to get married," said Finch.

The prosecution then termed a love letter found on the floor of Yang's dorm room, indicating Zhu had "fallen deeply in love."

"The defendant asked Xin to be his girlfriend," said Finch.

"She makes him happy and fulfilled, that she is beautiful and that he will treasure her forever."

The attack was described in detail, most graphic of this information was the end result - Zhu severing Yang's head and holding it, waiting for police to arrive.

The killing stunned a university that still had fresh memories of the massacre in April 2007 when a student shot 32 people and then claimed his own life.

Rejected man decapitates fellow student

wtf is with chinese people chopping people's heads off
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

talk about terrifying to witness. What do you see when someone just suddenly decapitates someone what do they do?

Ok there were V-Tech shootings, this and I think one other incident. Too much!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    No kidding! If my (hypothetical) kid wanted to go there, I'd probably say "hell no!"
    Me too. Makes me think Stephen King was on to something with the whole idea of haunted or evil locations.

Elite Member

Ok in the last year or so there's this the student disappearing from concert, 2 students shot at a campground nearby.

WTF is going on?

That's freaking horrible, the man was obviously psycho in love. Killing her because he wanted her "to himself". Fatal Attraction indeed.

I won't even comment on this happening at VT, except that I fear for the students there.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'll go with the 'evil location' theory. VTech is kind of freaking me out.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    wtf is with chinese people chopping people's heads off

Oh, you're one to talk...http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/new...ed-blehhh.html
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^He was Chinese too.

Lots of superstitious people in this thread.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information