Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Girl in the window: Horrific tale of neglect

Elite Member

I have a lot of mixed feelings and I'm going to blab them... they took on a very high needs child and then took on more I get the wanting to help the world but most people are not equipped to care for multiple special needs child and they seemed to have sought it out. Having a special needs child is hard AF it tests a marriage completely and I do question sometimes people who have a hoard of adopted special needs children how od they all get the best? Not that being unadopted is good either.
    The group home part made me cry I know with our health condiitons if my son can't live alone he may go to one-- but i also know of good ones in the area my dad's gf's daughter lives in a great group home and she stays with them often but when they are gone all day at work-- I get it. I do get it.
    twitchy2.0, Kittylady and Trixie like this.

Horrible that the monster of a mother got such a slap on the wrist. Shameful, disgusting. Heartbreaking that Dani was born healthy and her mother destroyed her and the social workers didn't do their jobs. Everything went wrong.

This would make a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    I have a lot of mixed feelings and I'm going to blab them... they took on a very high needs child and then took on more I get the wanting to help the world but most people are not equipped to care for multiple special needs child and they seemed to have sought it out. Having a special needs child is hard AF it tests a marriage completely and I do question sometimes people who have a hoard of adopted special needs children how od they all get the best? Not that being unadopted is good either.
    The group home part made me cry I know with our health condiitons if my son can't live alone he may go to one-- but i also know of good ones in the area my dad's gf's daughter lives in a great group home and she stays with them often but when they are gone all day at work-- I get it. I do get it.
    I hate group homes. I've worked in them for over 10 years as a manager and the things I've seen. I only stayed that long because I got so attached to some of the residents and thought that if I leave then who else is going to care for them. After 10 years though I couldn't do.it anymore. I started getting burnt out and because the pay was so crappy and the standards for hire were so.low the people that were hired were so bad. It's heartbreaking.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I hate group homes. I've worked in them for over 10 years as a manager and the things I've seen. I only stayed that long because I got so attached to some of the residents and thought that if I leave then who else is going to care for them. After 10 years though I couldn't do.it anymore. I started getting burnt out and because the pay was so crappy and the standards for hire were so.low the people that were hired were so bad. It's heartbreaking.
    That's all I fear too, I know of some "good ones" because of recommendations but what will they be like? I pray and hope and will do anything to keep my son from needing that-- but if he's 6'2 and 350 lbs like my husband and I'm widowed IDK what would be our daily lives if he has aggression issues still?
    I will say there are definitely some around here were 98% of the residents are wards of the state without family visiting. The home my dad's gf's daughter is in is more like a fancy retirement home level-- games, etc. But I have a coworker who also did group home work and she told us how they'd budget the residents $3/meal and no extras she'd take her christmas bonus and spend it on a nice meal for them. But really? $3/meal is not going to be good food and until she started they weren't helping them shop and budget and cook so I shudder to think how they were living then and now Ther'es some homes I've threatened because we have very ill vulnerable adults missing major appontments often I'm not afraid to open a case of adult protection ever, but also threaten the management if they don't get the patient in we'll call for a welfare check. It's despicable sometimes and heartbreaking. I'm praying the girl is in a more stable and better home than most.

Wow, can't believe I never saw this thread until tonight. I just read the whole heartbreaking story. Sad that she is now in a group home, but glad she had two people who cared about her.

I have a weird habit of looking up people on FB that I read about in the news. Just looked up her biological brother's FB pages Yikes
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Well, crap, now I looked up the brother's FB pages. I'll never recover.

In related news, my work is related to our states foster care system, specifically group homes. I could never say this in real life, but I just can't support the idea of group homes, no matter how well intentioned many of them are. The children who live there, often for very long periods of time, just are not getting loved. They aren't. They are getting their basic needs met, but affection and love and support are not part of that equation. How can a person who is in the home for 7.5 hours a day, 5 days a week going to give real love to a child. The kind of love that a child deserves. Do they teach the kids how to show affection? How to accept it? Do they share morals and values? From what I have seen, they keep the kids safe and fed, but beyond that not much more is provided. At the end of the day, the folks on site are just paid to be there and they are working a shift.
    holly likes this.

What's the brother's name?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Her biological brother's (Bernard) FB page: https://www.facebook.com/bernard.cro...ef=lhc.friends
    Her biological brother's (Grant) FB page: https://www.facebook.com/grant.crock...ef=lhc.friends
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

The fuck. You can find the mom's FB from there. Nothing you can really see on it, but it's horrific that people like this exist out in the open.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I just learned about this story from this thread. It’s strange that Danielle had been on my mind, even though I don’t know her personally.

As for her brothers Facebook pages, what a bunch of evil, depressed lowdown’s they are. I’m afraid to search for the mother on their pages. I wonder if those are their real profiles.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    I just learned about this story from this thread. It’s strange that Danielle had been on my mind, even though I don’t know her personally.

As for her brothers Facebook pages, what a bunch of evil, depressed lowdown’s they are. I’m afraid to search for the mother on their pages. I wonder if those are their real profiles.
    The mother's page doesn't have much, you can find her from their friend's list. But I agree with your thoughts about the brothers.

Psycho and mentally challenged, the mom and 2 sons --- That is a bad, bad gene pool. Dani never had a chance.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information