Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Elite Member

I stand corrected! I could see that Trayvon might have hidden in the nook where the bushes are. I imagine that's where the HVAC units were hidden so there's little room for Trayvon nor would there be easy egress to spring out at Zimmerman from that location.

Zimmerman's description of Trayvon's supposed assault is almost funny with all the stereotypes it plays off of. Was Trayvon yelling at him (in a bad imitation of angry Samuel L. Jackson) or attacking him? How did the gun pass back and forth between two men rolling around on the ground? That's some Hollywood shit right there. Trayvon's fatal wound was through the heart while standing (according to Zimmerman, since shooting Trayvon while he's on the ground makes Z look bad.) What magic transformed these two from men grappling on the ground to standing and confronting each other? I'm guessing Zimmerman watched Justified to see how that's done.

What happened to Zimmerman's voice that he couldn't simply say "I'm sorry. I'm with the neighborhood watch and didn't know you. My bad." ?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Forensic evidence seems to support Zimmermans story that Martin was leaning over him when he shot him. It doesn't however, support Zimmerman's timeline. The evidence testimony in court regarding the forensics should be interesting.

Forensic evidence both supports, casts doubt on Zimmerman claims | News - Home

and the all female jury is interesting. i think that could go one of two ways.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

So according to Knox, there were two and a half minutes from the time Zimmerman hung up on 911 and the first 911 call by a witness of the fight. So Trayvon must have been hiding or lying in wait since he could have made the house in that time. We're not sure how closely Zimmerman was following him, still, though the confrontation happened before Zimmerman got off the phone possibly. If Zimmerman was already on the hunt, so to speak, that cuts down on the time Trayvon had to get to the house.

We'll see if this account gets aired in court where it will make more sense, hopefully. Knox's analysis of the hoodie is very interesting. Though it seems to confirm that Trayvon was leaning over Zimmerman, it also seems to belie Zimmerman's statement that Trayvon and he were struggling for the gun or Trayvon was pounding on him.
    CHILLY FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    . i think that could go one of two ways.
    Guilty or not guilty?
    levitt and chartreuse like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

wiseass

good luck would be the type of women who understand this was just a kid, doing nothing he shouldn't have been, accosted because he was black and killed by some asshole on a wannabe cop power trip.

bad luck would be them being the kind of women who view every black kid over twelve as scary.

here's hoping they're the former.
    ehanc likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Silver Member

George Zimmerman Recalled Trayvon Martin Saying 'Oh Gosh, You Got Me'
    2 July 2013
    (SANFORD, Fla.) — George Zimmerman, the Florida man accused of second degree murder for the death of Trayvon Martin, didn’t take the stand, but his voice filled the courtroom on Monday as jurors listened to him explain several times how he came to shoot the teenager.

“He was on top of my…I shot him, and I didn’t think I hit him because he sat up and said, ‘oh gosh you got me, you got it, you got me, you got it,” Zimmerman said to lead investigator Chris Serino during a video re-enactment that was shown to the six women on the jury for the first time.

Zimmerman, 29, is charged with second degree murder. He maintains that he shot Martin, 17, in self defense. Prior testimony stated Martin had smashed the back of Zimmerman’s head against the pavement, and was on top of him, punching him “ground and pound” style.

Serino, who unsuccessfully recommended that manslaughter charges be filed against Zimmerman soon after the shooting, said Zimmerman appeared to be relieved when told him the shooting had been videotaped.

“Thank God,” Zimmerman replied.

Serino said based on his response he thought Zimmerman was either a pathological liar or telling the truth, but concluded that Zimmerman truly wished the incident was videotaped. The shooting, however, really wasn’t taped.

In an interview with another officer, Doris Singleton, shortly after the shooting, Zimmerman appeared to be surprised when told Martin was dead.

“He’s dead?” Singleton recalled Zimmerman saying, and then lowering his head toward the table in the interrogation room.

Seeing Singleton’s cross, he asked if she was a Catholic.

“In Catholic religion, it’s always wrong to kill someone,” she recalled Zimmerman saying to her.

The officer responded, “If what you’re telling me is true, I don’t think that what God meant was that you couldn’t save your own life.”

In his initial report in which he recommended manslaughter charges, Serino wrote that Martin’s death could have been avoided if Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch captain, had not left his car after calling police to report a suspicious person on Feb. 26, 2012.

In his interview with Zimmerman, Serino asked, “Did you pursue this kid? Did you want to catch him?”

“No” Zimmerman responded.

In their interrogations Serino and Singleton appeared skeptical of Zimmerman’s account that Martin covered his mouth and smothered him as he screamed for help, telling him that if someone puts their hand on a screaming person’s mouth “It’s going to stop.”

In a Feb. 29, 2012 interrogation when Zimmerman clarified that he called Martin a “f**king punk” Serino shot back, no he wasn’t.

In her questioning of Zimmerman, Singleton asked, “Do you think he was scared?…. When people are following you and trying to talk to you…you never told him who you were.”

“I didn’t have the opportunity,” responded Zimmerman.

“But you could have told him,” Singleton shot back.

As the second week of testimony began on Monday, the prosecution appeared to be moving away from neighbor witness testimony and are now focusing on forensics and the initial investigation in the early days of the case as they attempt to answer the question about who started the fatal altercation.

Prosecutors first called Singleton to the stand and played Zimmerman’s first recorded statements made soon after he waived his Miranda rights and spoke without an attorney present.

“He jumped out from the bushes and said ‘What the f**k is your problem,’” Zimmerman said to Singleton. “I said I don’t have a problem and then he punched me in the nose.”

“As soon as he punched me I fell backwards. He was whaling on my head and I started yelling help,” said Zimmerman. “He grabbed my head and started hitting me into the sidewalk. I slid into the grass to get out from under him. I was still yelling out for help.”

Zimmerman said Martin told him, “You are going to die tonight,” and kept banging his head into the sidewalk, and that he shot and killed the teen soon after, when he reached for the neighborhood watch volunteer’s firearm.

Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio

ETA: Do you think Trayvon was actually saying " You shot me?"

Elite Member

Since he was shot straight in the heart, I doubt Trayvon had time to say anything.

ETA- As far as I've read, Trayvon fell back when he was shot. Did Zimmerman ever indicate that he had to push Trayvon's body off himself? The first witnesses on the scene after the shooting said Zimmerman was straddling Trayvon's body, which would contradict the lose Hoodie thesis.
    greysfang likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!

There are bushes in that complex. In the crime scene photos they're all over the place.

Not that it means he was hiding behind them, but all these armchair legal and evidence experts on the web seem to get so much wrong.

Wow, I always pictured the area where this happened as being more desolate. What time were they fighting at? It's amazing to me that no one caught it on film. Wait. What?
    I didn’t think I hit him because he sat up and said, ‘oh gosh you got me, you got it, you got me, you got it,”
    He sat up? I thought he was standing.
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

ETA- As far as I've read, Trayvon fell back when he was shot.
    So he falls back, but yet Zimmerman didn't think he had shot him? This is very, very convoluted.

In his interview with Zimmerman, Serino asked, “Did you pursue this kid? Did you want to catch him?”

“No” Zimmerman responded.
    In her questioning of Zimmerman, Singleton asked, “Do you think he was scared?…. When people are following you and trying to talk to you…you never told him who you were.”

“I didn’t have the opportunity,” responded Zimmerman.
    translation: "of course i didn't tell him calmly why i was following him. i was deliberately trying to provoke him and looking for a confrontation."

“He jumped out from the bushes and said ‘What the f**k is your problem,’” Zimmerman said to Singleton. “I said I don’t have a problem and then he punched me in the nose.”

As soon as he punched me I fell backwards. He was whaling on my head and I started yelling help,” said Zimmerman. “He grabbed my head and started hitting me into the sidewalk. I slid into the grass to get out from under him. I was still yelling out for help.”

Zimmerman said Martin told him, “You are going to die tonight,” and kept banging his head into the sidewalk, and that he shot and killed the teen soon after, when he reached for the neighborhood watch volunteer’s firearm.
    this is straight out of a bad hollywood movie.

not sure if i can link this, here's another picture of the crime scene (you see the covered body lying behind the tree that's seen in the pictures WCG has posted) from huffingtonpost:

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...?1371853398000
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

And his feet are opposite of where they would be, in fact the entire body position is not possible in George's scenario - unless Trayvon reinacted Paul Ruben's death scene from the Buffy movie (he's already ascribed the dialogue to Trayvon).
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

To me it comes down to one solid fact: none of this would have happened if dumb George had not followed him even AFTER he was told to back off by the police. None of it.
    Nobody refutes that. Seems like that proves the whole case right there. George caused the whole awful incident. He is guilty. He was the only one who could have prevented it. Kid never had a chance after that.
    Last edited by McJag; July 3rd, 2013 at 08:05 AM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Completely agree Jaggie. And also, just because you get your ass beat doesn't mean you didn't start the shit.
    shedevilang and MsChiff like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Wow, I always pictured the area where this happened as being more desolate.
    i know, they were literally right outside people's windows.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

In the 911 calls you can hear how panicked the people are because they were right outside their houses/lawns/windows/doors.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

wiseass

good luck would be the type of women who understand this was just a kid, doing nothing he shouldn't have been, accosted because he was black and killed by some asshole on a wannabe cop power trip.

bad luck would be them being the kind of women who view every black kid over twelve as scary.

here's hoping they're the former.
    Exactly. This whole case comes down to racist stereotypes about black males. When, in fact, it should be clear that Martin would not be dead if Zimmerman hadn't pursued him (which he was told not to do) with a loaded gun. But Zimmerman is making up a story about how Martin jumped him (because all young black men are aggressive like that, don't you know) and he had to defend himself. Even if Martin did jump him, what a pussy Zimmerman must've been that he couldn't defend and overpower Martin. Z had to weigh at least 50 lbs. more and he had MMA training, correct? He should've been able to neutralize the situation without a gun. That's if his story is true, which it's not. He had no business going in pursuit of Martin and should have stayed put. Martin projected his own racist stereotypes onto Martin - there's a black kid walking, I know he's up to no good.

What does the gunshot residue evidence show about the distance of the shooter? What does the bullet angle evidence show about position?

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information