Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

A big fucking pattern. Anyone know how long this trial is supposed to last?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

No doubt longer than it should. High profile cases seem to take forever.
    greysfang likes this.

This witness, rachel jeantel, is friggin' incoherent, but fun to watch.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Honestly, the biggest issue is that no one living, except for Zimmerman, knows what actually happened, and he seems pretty capable of serious self-delusion. There's no proof how and when it turned physical, whether at some point Zimmerman backed off and Martin went after him, etc. I know what my common sense tells me, but I'm not on the jury. I bet it will be hard to determine premeditation and intent. It's too bad it's not clearer whose voice was calling for help on that 911 call.
    No need to determine premeditation; the charge is second-degree murder but I agree intent is key. (definition of second degree, per online dictionary: a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility).

Not sure what the jury will be allowed to consider, but it seems the choices should be second-degree, voluntary manslaughter, or self-defense. I haven't followed this one too closely.

Voluntary manslaughter:

In most jurisdictions, voluntary manslaughter consists of an intentional killing that is accompanied by additional circumstances that mitigate, but do not excuse, the killing. The most common type of voluntary manslaughter occurs when a defendant is provoked to commit the Homicide. It is sometimes described as a heat of passion killing. In most cases, the provocation must induce rage or anger in the defendant, although some cases have held that fright, terror, or desperation will suffice.

If adequate provocation is established, a murder charge may be reduced to manslaughter. Generally there are four conditions that must be fulfilled to warrant the reduction: (1) the provocation must cause rage or fear in a reasonable person; (2) the defendant must have actually been provoked; (3) there should not be a time period between the provocation and the killing within which a reasonable person would cool off; and (4) the defendant should not have cooled off during that period.

Provocation is justifiable if a reasonable person under similar circumstances would be induced to act in the same manner as the defendant. It must be found that the degree of provocation was such that a reasonable person would lose self-control. In actual practice, there is no precise formula for determining reasonableness. It is a matter that is determined by the trier of fact, either the jury or the judge in a nonjury trial, after a full consideration of the evidence.

manslaughter legal definition of manslaughter. manslaughter synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I bet it will be hard to determine premeditation and intent. It's too bad it's not clearer whose voice was calling for help on that 911 call.
    The 911 call was played in court today and to me it sounded like a young man's voice calling for help, not a grown man's voice. Anyone else hear this today?

Elite Member

I heard it. It's Trayvon, but to play devil's advocate, Zimmerman has a soft high voice.

Last night I watched the tape of Zimmerman taking a CNN crew through the crime scene. He never mentioned Trayvon was talking on the phone (which he obviously was.) Zimmerman said he got out of his car to look for a street name but walked towards the apartments (rather than drive or walk to an intersection for a street reference.) Zimmerman claims that Trayvon circled around a long apartment building to confront him (on video it looks like a massive block of units), so why didn't Zimmerman follow him around that direction?

It seems pretty obvious that Zimmerman wanted to keep Trayvon in his sight and that's why he exited the car after the 911 operator told him to sit tight.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

George Zimmerman’s Attorney Opens Second Day Of Trial With Trayvon Martin Impression

NEWS IN BRIEFCrimeNewsISSUE 49•26 • Jun 25, 2013

SANFORD, FL—As the trial of former neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman entered its second day this morning, defense attorney Don West reportedly opened his team’s remarks with an extended comic impression of Trayvon Martin, the deceased teen whom his client is accused of murdering in a fatal shooting altercation last year. “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I’d like you to imagine for a moment that it’s a dark night in Sanford, and my client sees an imposing stranger in an oversized hooded sweatshirt coming towards him—it might go a little something like this,” West said before turning his back to the jury, pulling on a hoodie, grabbing a bag of Skittles and spinning back around to face the court. “Yo, my name’s Trayvon, and I’m here to say/Suckers mess with me, I will make them pay.” West reportedly concluded his impression with a nearly 10-minute-long freestyle rap, which sources said received no visible reaction from the jury.

Source: George Zimmerman

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^^^ You know things are bad when that paragraph is totally believable until the last sentence.
    Lobelia and stef like this.

Racist motherfucker.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

To me, it seems premeditated in that he knew he might have to use his gun. He put himself into a very questionable position and disobeyed police orders only because he knew he had a gun on himself and could defend himself with it, if necessary. If he had not had a weapon he would not have followed the young man. I don't know very much about this case, but from what I can guess at: as far as feeling confident in pursuing Trayvon, he was fully aware that this might be his final option.
    badgers! likes this.

Gold Member

Zimmerman's attorney is a fucking clown and I really, really hope his "performance"is turning the jury off.

Silver Member

Legally 911 operators cannot give direct orders, for liabity reasons. I would consider it advice that was given/suggested and later ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Legally 911 operators cannot give direct orders, for liabity reasons. I would consider it advice that was given/suggested and later ignored.
    Oh, I see. Well he has to be a freaking idiot to follow someone around, at night, looking for a confrontation. But...he had that gun, and it made him think he could do this. I don't see him having the desire to do it otherwise. ETA and I am not really sure what my point is, haha. I guess just that I don't buy that he thought this would end well with him doing a citizens arrest on anyone, without a possible altercation.

The main question I've had in this whole scene is WHY a neighborhood watch volunteer would even carry a loaded, with the safety off gun???

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Oh, I see. Well he has to be a freaking idiot to follow someone around, at night, looking for a confrontation. But...he had that gun, and it made him think he could do this. I don't see him having the desire to do it otherwise. ETA and I am not really sure what my point is, haha. I guess just that I don't buy that he thought this would end well with him doing a citizens arrest on anyone, without a possible altercation.
    Zimmerman's father has written a book about the "real" racism in the USA. Can you guess what he's pushing there? Zimmerman's best friend, a former Sanford sheriff officer, has written a book in support of Zimmerman, gun rights and Stand Your Ground laws. It's pretty obvious that Zimmerman was surrounded by men who believed in their god given right to shoot black people who threatened them or their property, under any guise such as walking across their lawns.

Before Zimmerman gained 130 lbs for the trial, he was fit and muscled. He trained MMA style vigorously. I think he, and his friends and family, believed that part of the adventure of living the pure USA life was using a gun. They probably imagined all sorts of scenarios where the safety would be off and they could righteously shoot someone.

I'd love to see the prosecution twist this Zimmerman story around and ask why it wasn't Trayvon who was really Standing His Ground and defending himself against a real threat, with a gun, intent on harming him.
    MmeVertigina and CornFlakegrl like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information