Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

White Trayvon is Liam Hemsworth, apparently.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I find shit like that (the white Trayvon hypothetical) a useless distraction. Full disclosure: I didn't read the article. If the pointless premise didn't stop me (and it did) the tiny wall of text would have. At any rate, the facts of this case are pretty simple and straightforward. To me, that makes the story all the more powerful. Why muck it up with "what ifs?"
    SHELLEE and Kathie_Moffett like this.

dpddpddpI
    Last edited by MentalNotes; July 19th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

I do believe things would be different if Trayvon were white and Zimmerman was black. Absolutely. I think it would have made all the difference in the world. I don't believe for one second that these 6 women that sat on this jury would have seen a 17 year old white kid as a threat to a grown black man. I don't think they would have thought a black Zimmerman was fearing for his life over a white Trayvon.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I do believe things would be different if Trayvon were white and Zimmerman was black. Absolutely. I think it would have made all the difference in the world. I don't believe for one second that these 6 women that sat on this jury would have seen a 17 year old white kid as a threat to a grown black man. I don't think they would have thought a black Zimmerman was fearing for his life over a white Trayvon.
    I agree

Bronze Member

i don't post much but gotta chime in.

i've read several reports now that state the jurors were actually allowed visits with family members on the weekends. here's one link in which it's mentioned:

George Zimmerman trial jury sequester cost $33,000 - Orlando Sentinel

on top of being outraged and disgusted by the verdict and juror b37's comments, it just blows my mind that a sequestered jury would be allowed family visits. i've read nothing that says they were supervised either! who the hell knows what could have gone on?

wondering if something like this could be grounds for a mistrial?

my white, oh so christian fb friends have been either silent on this or have posted ignorant, ugly comments. i've probably lost a dozen of so during the course of this trial. don't give a damn. it is just impossible for me to be comfortable in a world where we are going backwards, not forwards. it seems like since we elected our black president, the racism has gotten only worse. his remarks the other day were sincere and moving, imo. but it's impossible in my corner of the world to even get people to listen to them if they're republican.

i actually went to one of the 100 cities rallies the other day. the crowd was mainly african-american which, imo, was sad. i, being white as a ghost, garnered a bit of attention. an older woman came up to me and, with tears in her eyes, thanked me for caring. i almost broke down. you can just see the pain she's carried so long, so deep, so undeservedly.

the whole thing has me in knots.

Hmmmmmmmm...I see the PR machine is at work:

George Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding to Rescue Family Trapped in SUV - ABC News

By MATT GUTMAN (@mattgutmanABC) and ALEXIS SHAW (@ashaw109)
    July 22, 2013

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue a family who was trapped in an overturned vehicle, police said today.

Zimmerman was one of two men who came to the aid of a family of four -- two parents and two children -- trapped inside a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had rolled over after traveling off the highway in Sanford, Fla. at approximately 5:45 p.m. Thursday, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route Route 46, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where Zimmerman shot Martin.

By the time police arrived, two people - including Zimmerman - had already helped the family get out of the overturned car, the sheriff's office said. No one was reported to be injured.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after speaking with the deputy, police said.

It's the first known sighting of Zimmerman since he left the courtroom following his acquittal last week on murder charges for the death of Martin. Zimmerman, 29, shot and killed Martin, 17, in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26, 2012. The jury determined that Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense.

The acquittal prompted dozens of protests across the country this past weekend and his lawyers have said that Zimmerman has been the subject of death threats. His lawyers said Zimmerman has been wearing a bullet-proof vest when he ventures out in public.

Zimmerman's parents told ABC News' Barbara Walters they too have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home.

The acquittal prompted dozens of protests across the country this past weekend and his lawyers have said that Zimmerman has been the subject of death threats. His lawyers said Zimmerman has been wearing a bullet-proof vest when he ventures out in public.

Zimmerman's parents told ABC News' Barbara Walters they too have received death threats and have been unable to return to their home.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    White Trayvon is Liam Hemsworth, apparently.

And black Zimmerman is Kanye.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Well wasn't it nice of that family to conveniently roll their car to start on a pr make-over. I suppose they're lucky that he didn't shoot them, since he is and forever will be the poster child for irresponsible gun ownership.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

It would have been something if one of the family members in the accident had shot Zimmerman and then told the cops, "I didn't know who this strange man was trying to drag me out of my car."
    ManxMouse likes this.

Is he the new Tom Cruise?
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

This got brought up in church yesterday, and someone said juror B37 based her vote on whether or not she thought Zimmerman was racist. That's about the most stupid thing I've heard. All racists don't kill people and all killers aren't racist. I know that the reason Zimmerman "suspected" and targeted Martin was probably because he was black. I don't know why he decided to shoot him, and none of us ever will. It doesn't matter what his motive was. Zimmerman made the decision to get out of his truck and follow someone with a loaded gun against the advice of the 911 operator who told him to stay put and let the police handle it. It was a stupid, reckless decision and if he had stayed put Martin would still be alive. Whether he was trying to be a badass and detain Martin until the cops got there, and things went wildly wrong, I don't know. All I know is that even if the shooting was unintended it should have never happened. People are held accountable for much less and go to jail for it.

Let me share a personal story. A few months ago I was driving out of my neighborhood, and as I turned the corner I got distracted by something (not a cell phone) and the next thing I know I'm over the curb and on top of the fence that runs along the sidewalk. It was only a few seconds, and I was OK, although my car wasn't, but I could have hit and killed a kid walking down the sidewalk that day. And it would've been a complete accident, a fluke but it would've ruined my life. I would've still been charged and convicted of vehicular homicide (most likely), and probably gone to jail. With absolutely no ill will or intention to do wrong. So my question is

WHY ISN'T GEORGE ZIMMERMAN GUILTY OF MANSLAUGHTER?

Dumbass jury.

The latest stand-your-ground incident -- Houston, Texas. A woman in a gas station shoots and kills a guy with a rifle from her trunk after he had harrassed and then clocked her in the face.

The most disturbing thing about that video was the electronic voiceover.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Gold Member

How convenient that the police department and/or Zimmerman's PR team got that info released so quickly about his involvement in the car accident. Why isn't the other man who helped getting any recognition?

So no one was injured and everyone is okay? Why do I get the feeling that by tomorrow this story about a one-car minor accident will turn into a 10-car pileup with cars ablaze and the brave George Zimmerman walking through fire and burning wreckage to"save "lives"

So this is going to be a running theme now? Zimmerman will do some minor act (that thousands do daily on a regular basis and get little recognition for) and it will be breathlessly reported by the media like he's some fucking rock star?

Thread Information