Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Anybody else seen the photos of Trayvon's body at the crime scene? His clothes are clean and unmarked. The knees of his pants are immaculate. His shoes are clean and white. He never kneeled on the ground over anyone and fought. Couldn't have. His hands, particularly the knuckles are clean and unmarked. There is no sign of a struggle. The very grass seems undisturbed.
    Mel1973, greysfang, olivia and 2 others like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Anybody else seen the photos of Trayvon's body at the crime scene? His clothes are clean and unmarked. The knees of his pants are immaculate. His shoes are clean and white. He never kneeled on the ground over anyone and fought. Couldn't have. His hands, particularly the knuckles are clean and unmarked. There is no sign of a struggle. The very grass seems undisturbed.
    THAT and the lack of DNA transferrence (that WOULD have been there if Zimmerman wasn't a fucking LIAR) were some of the main points that convinced me that Trayvon didn't attack that bastard! The guy is a liar and a murderer and a fucking bigot, to boot!
    olivia and *DIVA! like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Just saw the other jurors have released a statement that the juror who is doing interviews does not represent them or their opinions.

4 Zimmerman trial jurors distance themselves from Juror B37

An anonymous juror in the George Zimmerman trial is speaking out. Juror B37 told CNN's Anderson Cooper that the jury was originally divided during deliberation and ultimately declared Zimmerman not guilty.

ORLANDO, Fla. Four of the jurors at the George Zimmerman trial distanced themselves late Tuesday from statements that another juror made in a televised interview.

The four jurors issued a brief statement on court stationary saying that the opinions expressed by Juror B37 to CNN's Anderson Cooper on Monday night are not representative of their views.

"The opinions of Juror B37, expressed on the Anderson Cooper show were her own, and not in any way representative of the jurors listed below," said the statement, signed by Jurors B51, B76, E6 and E40.

Juror B37 said the actions of Zimmerman and 17-year-old Trayvon Martin both led to the teenager's fatal shooting last year, but that Zimmerman didn't actually break the law.

The four other jurors said in their statement that Martin's death weighed on them.

"Serving on this jury has been a highly emotional and physically draining experience for each of us," the statement said. "The death of a teenager weighed heavily on our hearts but in the end we did what the law required us to do."

They also made a request for privacy. The court has not released the names of the six-woman jury, which included five whites and one woman who appeared to reporters to be Hispanic.

The interview came two days after the jury acquitted Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch volunteer, of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Martin was black, and Zimmerman identifies himself as Hispanic. Zimmerman was not arrested for 44 days, and the delay in charging him led to protests from those who believed race was a factor in the handling of the case.

While prosecutors accused Zimmerman of profiling Martin, Zimmerman maintained he acted in self-defense. He claimed Martin was slamming his head into the concrete sidewalk when he fired the gun.

In the CNN interview, Juror B37 said she didn't believe that Zimmerman followed Martin because of his race. She said Zimmerman made some mistakes, but that she believed Martin struck Zimmerman first and that the neighborhood watch volunteer had a right to defend himself.

Juror B37 said the jurors were initially divided on Zimmerman's guilt, with three jurors believing he was guilty of either manslaughter or second-degree murder, but that the jury agreed to acquit the 29-year-old Zimmerman after more closely reviewing the law.

In a part of the interview that aired Tuesday, Juror B37 said it wouldn't have made much difference if Zimmerman had testified at trial since she believes he would have gave the same story he gave investigators in videotaped police interviews that were played at the trial.

Juror B37 said at one point it appeared they might be heading to a hung jury as another juror wanted to leave. The other jurors convinced her to stay.

Juror B37 said a block of concrete that defense attorney Mark O'Mara placed in front of jurors during closing arguments made an impression, as did photos of Zimmerman's bloodied head. She also believed Martin's actions contributed to his death.

"I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there, but Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him and get the one-over, up on him or something," she said. "I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him. "
    4 Zimmerman trial jurors distance themselves from Juror B37 - CBS News
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Oh, I heard on the news last night that we're going to have some protesting here... apparently, they will be protesting in River Oaks... because that's the "Sanford, FL" of Houston. There was protesting earlier in the week that shut down highways and such... I wish Quannel X would fuck right off... that guy is so over the top with his shit that it takes away from the general purpose of the protests and such.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Bottom line: Zimmerman set up the entire situation. Open/shut. He created it,he caused it.
    Still,I would not want to live his life.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't even listen to NPR in the evenings anymore. I am so angry about this I don't know what to do. Some freeper on another website I patronize said that he was "pleased" with the verdict. I wanted to punch him in his eye, but the mods beat me to it and e-ripped him a new one.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

It was the fact that Trayvon had no bruising on his knuckles or trace GZ DNA anywhere on him that convinced me he didn't beat on GZ. There is no evidence of a struggle, anywhere, except for GZ's wounds which were insignificant.

Even if Trayvon smacked him, there was no vicious beating that would have necessitated a shooting. How could the jurors have thought any differently?

Normally, I'd be watching the city basketball league this summer, played at the YMCA, but the other night the atmosphere was too charged so I left early.
    stef likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Oh, I heard on the news last night that we're going to have some protesting here... apparently, they will be protesting in River Oaks... because that's the "Sanford, FL" of Houston. There was protesting earlier in the week that shut down highways and such... I wish Quannel X would fuck right off... that guy is so over the top with his shit that it takes away from the general purpose of the protests and such.
    random off-topic post: I'm working on a capital murder case where the defendant contacted Quanell X for help, and Q actually persuaded the guy to go to the police and confess, and went with him. So maybe he's not all bad.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah, Quanell is a bit of an attention whore but sometimes he does help.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post

Isn't River Oaks a very wealthy part of town? I lived in Houston in 1982 and thought that was the rich part of town.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yes, it is.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Bottom line this kid would still be alive if this asshole had listened to what he was told. Do not engage. He should be in jail. Hell he should have asked to be put there and pay for what he did.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Bottom line this kid would still be alive if this asshole had listened to what he was told. Do not engage. He should be in jail. Hell he should have asked to be put there and pay for what he did.
    That brings up an issue - why didn't the prosecution get a Neighborhood Watch trainer up there to tell the court how they teach participants to patrol?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Not to steal attention from this maddening case, but did you see this story today? I had never heard of it until this afternoon and hadn't seen it discussed on Gossiprocks. In this case, the victim was an African American 13 year old, and the perp's own surveillance video captured him doing it (youtube video will neither embed or hyperlink):

John Henry Spooner Shooting VIDEO: Evidence Shows Darius Simmons Killed (GRAPHIC)

A video entered as evidence in the murder trial of John Henry Spooner on Tuesday appears to show the 76-year-old shooting his 13-year-old neighbor Darius Simmons dead.
    The Milwaukee senior is charged with first-degree homicide after the alleged incident in May last year. Jurors saw the video (below), taken from Spooner's own surveillance camera, that shows the suspect walk out of his house, brandishing a gun. After a short argument, the man in the video waves the gun around before he shoots Simmons in the chest. Simmons manages to flee outside the scope of the camera before dying.
    The evidence was recorded in court Tuesday and provided to HuffPost Crime by the Journal-Sentinel.

<font color="#333333"><span style="font-family: Georgia">

A woman I know posted this on facebook today. SMDH

If we love our enemy and pray for those who use us, we won't get shot beating any race of humans while beating their head on the pavement! To me, this is the lesson for a violent America.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information