Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Love how she claims it was her decision. Fuck off love, you were dropped and rightfully so.
    Trixie and BITTER like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Gold Member

There is a guy last night who tweeted the alleged name of the juror and everyone else online ran with it. Now it turns out he was wrong. And even though he's been proven wrong, people are still tweeting it and saying it was her.

Another in a rush to be "first." I have no idea why people can't be patient and wait for official confirmation. Believe me, her name will be found out sooner or later.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    fucking florida (except for shellee, natch.)
    hey!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I was listening to a local talk show this morning and they said this juror revealed the jury was split at the start of deliberations. 3 not guilty, 2 manslaughter and one Murder 2. Yet it ended up with a unanimous NG. The instructions were too confusing. Unfuckingbelievable.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

seriously, I just CAN'T with this shit! if you're confused, you ask a question - you do NOT release a fucking murderer!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    seriously, I just CAN'T with this shit! if you're confused, you ask a question - you do NOT release a fucking murderer!
    Exactly! They reportedly asked the judge for clarification, the judge asked them to be more specific, they never went back to the judge.

I want to know why those 3 jurors who were going to vote for either murder or manslaughter turned so quickly.

I know, that's what floors me...From MURDER 2 to not guilty??? If that was me, I would've hung that jury before I EVER changed my mind. At least with a mistrial, the prosecution would've had another shot at him. (Sorry bad choice of words)

eta: they also said some jurors wanted to find him guilty of something but there were no lesser charges to consider. Murder 2, manslaughter, or nothing...
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

A jury like this one always reminds me to show up for jury duty and not try to get out of it. I'm not saying I'm the smartest person in the world, but I'm competent to make decent decisions and ask questions. Also, I won't be bullied into changing my decision or vote.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    hey!
    Eek! And fgg! Two bright spots in the Sunshine State.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

John Oliver Reacts To George Zimmerman Verdict By Dubbing Florida 'The Worst State' (VIDEO)

"The Daily Show" returned from hiatus to share in the collective outrage that many felt about the not guilty verdict in the Trayvon Martin shooting case.
    John Oliver, acting host of the show while Jon Stewart is on vacation, remarked that the frustration many feel has more to do with the broken laws of the state of Florida, not the jury's decision.
    Those laws are "what makes this so much worse -- that we could get a verdict like this, not because the system is broken down, but because the system worked exactly as it's designed," Oliver said.
    He joked: "How does 2013 have a law that seems cut and pasted from 1880s Tombstone?"

Oliver also piled on Mark O'Mara, the George Zimmerman defense attorney who infamously said that Zimmerman would not have been charged with a crime were he black. ("The one thing that our justice system is known for is how lenient it is on black people") and George Zimmerman's brother, who expressed fear that Zimmerman could be the target of vigilantes.

After dubbing Florida "The Worst State," Oliver had this to say: "Just because you're shaped like some combination of a gun and a dick doesn't mean you have to act that way."

Check out the full clip above to see Oliver's reaction to the Zimmerman verdict.

John Oliver Reacts To George Zimmerman Verdict By Dubbing Florida 'The Worst State' (VIDEO)
    Brookie and McJag like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Well no shit, Sherlock. And its not because of the syg law either, since this case didn't even invoke it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think syg was in the jury instructions, by redefining and removing the obligation not to put yourself in a situation (or creating the situation to begin with), they removed the duty to retreat as part of the self-defense jury instruction. It's the most ass-backward convoluted rationale I've ever heard.
    McJag, lizzybabe and lulu09 like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Well then they need a retrial because you can't add something to the jis that weren't litigated.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think if he had invoked the syg defense, there would have been a pre-trial hearing that would determine if he had valid grounds. If so proved, the case would have been over then. But since he did not request that pre-trial hearing, he went ahead with the full trial. From what I've read, the straight self-defense route gave his defense team more options and a wider array of evidence they could present. But the syg law fundamentally changed the definition, because in order to have syg, you have to do away with the obligation to retreat..which completely undercuts the premise or burden under traditional self-defense

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Selling your soul to the highest bidder.

I really doubt she has one.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

Thread Information