Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ugh, I still feel bummed out. At first, I wasn't going to go out and about yesterday but one of my friends invited me to brunch, so I went. The atmosphere out and about was really weird and tense. The restaurant we went to had CNN on all of their TV's and people (a crowd of multiple races) were talking in hushed tones and some were staring intently at the television. I made sure my back was turned from the TV, I just couldn't look. We went to a bar and they had CNN on too, but we couldn't hear it, and I was too busy drinking by that time to pay attention to the news.

And the forums and social media are ridiculous. Some of my FB friends who are conservative republicans were putting passive-aggressive messages up about how all of a sudden, everyone has become a legal expert, smh. I wanted to call them out, but what for? I'd just be viewed as being angry and hostile.
    BITTER likes this.

I was sent a dumb fucking email stating this is the real Trayvon Marten with a a bunch of bullshit thrown in under the photo...when in fact it is a picture of a rapper named Game. I sent the debunk back with You're as bad as the "liberal media".
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

What's crazy to me is that even if someone is trolling a neighborhood to steal something, use of deadly force shouldn't apply to that situation. A stereo or a tv is not worth someone's life. Isn't that what Zimmerman was there for? Because there had been some thefts?
    sluce and MmeVertigina like this.

Yep. Thefts. Now his neighborhood went from thefts to murder. Some neighborhood watch.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This didn't take long and surely comes as no surprise:

Zimmerman Juror Lands Book Agent

That didn't take very long. Just two days after a Florida jury acquitted George Zimmerman of murder, one of the jurors has signed with Sharlene Martin, a book agent with Martin Literary Management. Juror B37, who plans to stay anonymous at least for now, will write about her experience serving on a high-profile murder case and why the panel had to find Zimmerman not guilty. The juror yet hasn't inked a book deal, but that's probably only a matter of time.

That's fucking disgusting.
    levitt, Butterfly and MentalNotes like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Silver Member

Selling your soul to the highest bidder.

That really ought to be banned. What the fuck.

Gold Member

The verdict isn't even 48 hours old and this woman has an agent already? Sorry but I have little interest in what this woman has to say. I'm sure she'll give media interviews, don't need to read the book.

Even the much-maligned Casey Anthony jurors didn't have book deals waiting for them so soon after.

Apparently this is the woman who, in her jury questionnaire, whined about blacks "rioting" when Zimmerman wasn't arrested right away and reportedly referred to Trayvon as a "boy of color."

This same juror, B37 is now being interviewed by Anderson Cooper, did anyone else see this? She doesn't come across very well and you can tell he's having some issues with her answers to his questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I quoted a bunch of you guys but... I just can't with this shit anymore. It's so disgusting to me that this fucking bigot got away with this! So, I'll just post something that I saw on Facebook...

Dear George Zimmerman,
    For the rest of your life you are going to feel what it's like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose not to see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on a firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom".
    Sincerely,

A black male who could have been Trayvon Martin
    I saw this on FB too and especially like that last line

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Rox View Post
    This same juror, B37 is now being interviewed by Anderson Cooper, did anyone else see this? She doesn't come across very well and you can tell he's having some issues with her answers to his questions.
    I watched it. She seemed completely on Zimmerman's side from the beginning. I don't think anything the prosecutions said could have swayed her. She obviously had a sympathy for Zimmerman that didn't make for a very objective juror.

What nearly had me throwing the remote at the TV, is how this inarticulate, ungrammatical, juror could complain so much about Rachel Jeantel's way of speaking. Bitch, please. She couldn't express herself any better.

Admitting that the jury considered Stand Your Ground was shocking. SYG wasn't a part of this trial, though the jurors used it and considered it, which was NOT part of their instruction. Obviously, this jury had no idea how to parse instructions and just struck out on their own, with whatever they felt was applicable.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

It's times like these that I wish we could be like Italy and give the prosecution anther go.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Gold Member

The book has been cancelled:

Zimmerman Juror Decides Not To Write Book About Trial

Intense and immediate backlash apparently changed the mind of Juror B37 — and her agent. “I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before …”

Late Monday night, Sharlene Martin of Martin Literary Management LLC told BuzzFeed that Juror B37 will no longer pursue a book deal.

The juror’s statement, via Martin:
    “I realize it was necessary for our jury to be sequestered in order to protest our verdict from unfair outside influence, but that isolation shielded me from the depth of pain that exists among the general public over every aspect of this case. The potential book was always intended to be a respectful observation of the trial from my and my husband’s perspectives solely and it was to be an observation that our ‘system’ of justice can get so complicated that it creates a conflict with our ‘spirit’ of justice.
    Now that I am returned to my family and to society in general, I have realized that the best direction for me to go is away from writing any sort of book and return instead to my life as it was before I was called to sit on this jury.”

The juror’s announcement came after Martin — who has also represented Amanda Knox’s ex Raffaele Sollecito — decided to drop her following hours of outrage on social media.

“After careful consideration regarding the proposed book project with Zimmerman Juror B37, I have decided to rescind my offer of representation in the exploration of a book based upon this case,” Martin said at the time.

Earlier Monday, when the partnership was first announced, Martin said she hopedJuror B37’s book would help the public “understand the commitment it takes to serve and be sequestered on a jury in a highly publicized murder trial …. It could open a whole new dialogue about laws that may need to be revised and revamped to suit a 21st century way of life.”

But on Monday evening, Juror B37 went on CNN to defend the jury’s decision to find George Zimmerman not guilty.

“I think both were responsible for the situation they had gotten themselves into,”she said. “I think they both could have walked away.”

Not long after the interview aired, calls for Martin to drop the juror intensified. AChange.org petition by Genie Lauren circulated, asking Trayvon Martin supporters to not “allow this person to profit off of the injustice that they’ve served to the American public.” By 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, it had more than 800 signatures.
    Ivonna Humpu@JustMama71Follow
    Twitter: please tweet: @sharlenemartin and demand that she not represent a book by Juror B37. Twitter has power.

#FeministMILF@FeministaJonesFollow
    Dear @sharlenemartin, We ask that you not represent Juror B37 and her book. It is an exploitation of an innocent life.
    Trillma Dinkley@NaniCoolJFollow
    I need for everyone to tell @sharlenemartin NOT TO PUBLISH JUROR B37'S BOOK! They can't be allowed to profit off of the MURDER OF A CHILD!
    Peg@IowaPegFollow
    Boycott Martin Literary Management- take note of their tacky book list and swear to never spend a cent on them. Juror B37 @sharlenemartin

This went on for hours, until Martin contacted Lauren personally to say she was dropping the juror.
    Cocky McSwagsalot@MoreAndAgainFollow
    I'm going to respond to her message and ask her if she will make this statement publicly. But. . . HOLY SHIT!
    Cocky McSwagsalot@MoreAndAgainFollow
    Y'all. I'm crying, right now

Yeah right she "wants her life back." That's why she went public in the first place, right? That's why she had an agent less than 48 hours after the verdict.

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that she made an ass out of herself in the interview, has nothing to do with the fact that she scored an agent so quickly and that her husband is rumored to have been negotiating a book contract for her during the trial. Of course not.

Good on the twitter activists for getting this project voided. This book never should have been proposed in the first place.
    Last edited by lizzybabe; July 16th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.

Thread Information