Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    The media has been stirring the pot quite a bit themselves. It's as if many of them want a massive riot or race war to pop off. People rioting would be counter-productive and give TPTB exactly what they want. It's all entertainment/bread and and circuses for them. .
    Yes they have.

I am just gutted, too. I just can't fathom how it's OK for someone to follow, harass, and then shoot an unarmed person, a teenager, no less. I wish that there had been at least 1 principled juror to hang up the jury.

Zimmerman has plenty of supporters and he will always have work and money. Maybe now he'll learn what it's like to have to look over his shoulder and wonder who's following him.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

These assholes... they always get away.

- G. Zimmerman Feb. 26, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by needmeds View Post
    These assholes... they always get away.

- G. Zimmerman Feb. 26, 2012
    and so he did.
    ManxMouse and Patty Rox like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My understanding was the defense didn't invoke the stand your ground law itself, just went with straight up self-defense. And the State's case sucked....I'm not sure if they just did a terrible job with their witnesses or the facts just weren't in their favor. One big problem -- someone can correct me if I'm wrong-- the State's witness Jenteall or whatever (his friend) said she asked Trayvon where he was at, and he had reached his dad's fiancee's place already or the edge of it. But T's body was found way over near where GZ was lurking. So the implication was there was some pursuit on Trayvon's part. At that point, a live guy's version of events is going to trump a dead guy's version where the burden is on the dead guy's version. The State's reconstruction of events sucked, and unfortunately, their expert testimony and ballistics presentation pretty much corroborated GZ's story. Someone who has followed this more closely can tell me if I'm way off?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I didn't follow it closely but my sense from reading here and other places was that this was an uphill battle for the prosecution given the only witness was also the guy on trial. The forensics seemed all over the place meaning some commentary said it supported Zimmerman's account, and some said it didn't. It just seemed murky.

Despite all of that, this isn't justice. The kid died because Zimmerman followed, and likely, scared him. How Zimmerman isn't guilty of something baffles me. My heart breaks for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Don't feel bad. I want the bastard dead, along with all the passive racists who wanted him acquitted so it could be open season on blacks again. I'm not very comfortable having a 17yo black son this morning and I shouldn't fucking feel that way in my own damn country.

No Greys, you should not have to feel that way in your own country and it makes me sick. As I've said before, people make me sick and sometimes I'm ashamed to be one. A pussy with a gun who thought he had something to prove killed an unarmed kid and fucking got away with it. A fucking slut of a mother kills her sweet baby and gets away with it.

And "he" wants his life back? Fuck him. I hope the rest of his life is a neverending nightmare. I bet Trayvon wants "his" life back too.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    There are a lot of people who are pleased with this verdict. They feel Trayvon was a thug that got what he deserved. Zimmerman had a gun...how could he feel threatened? He was clearly the aggressor!!!
    I know, it's crazy. He was a 17 year old boy. How can people think he got what he deserved? Blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Most comments online that I've seen have been disgusted with the verdict. But I looked on Websleuths and expected the majority of them to be angry too but the thread was filled with 'WOO! Yes!!' type responses. I just thought WTF?? Justice was not done imo.
    One of the reasons I no longer even visit that place. They are a bunch of miserable, scared old biddies. You're right, justice was not done.

Don't feel bad. I want the bastard dead, along with all the passive racists who wanted him acquitted so it could be open season on blacks again. I'm not very comfortable having a 17yo black son this morning and I shouldn't fucking feel that way in my own damn country.
    Greys, I hate that you have to feel this way. It's such a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I peeked over there too and was pretty shocked, especially at the "Thank GOD, thank you LORD" posts. Wow, just wow. I mean, if some people feel the verdict was fair under the poorly-written LAWS, I get that, but leave God out of it, please.
    Yeah, they have gotten out of control over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    My understanding was the defense didn't invoke the stand your ground law itself, just went with straight up self-defense. And the State's case sucked....I'm not sure if they just did a terrible job with their witnesses or the facts just weren't in their favor. One big problem -- someone can correct me if I'm wrong-- the State's witness Jenteall or whatever (his friend) said she asked Trayvon where he was at, and he had reached his dad's fiancee's place already or the edge of it. But T's body was found way over near where GZ was lurking. So the implication was there was some pursuit on Trayvon's part. At that point, a live guy's version of events is going to trump a dead guy's version where the burden is on the dead guy's version. The State's reconstruction of events sucked, and unfortunately, their expert testimony and ballistics presentation pretty much corroborated GZ's story. Someone who has followed this more closely can tell me if I'm way off?
    I keep putting myself back to when I was 17 years old. If some asshole started harassing me for walking through his neighborhood, I probably would have starting fucking with them. If Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, maybe he stood up for himself and told the guy to back down. Maybe he did pursue him. Maybe Zimmerman started something he couldn't finish until he was able to shoot the kid and kill him.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Why shouldn't they take it out on cops, they're the ones who started the debacle by refusing to investigate.
    The riots I've heard about have been in Oakland, CA Those cops don't deserve to be assaulted, they had nothing to do with this case. I'm all for peaceful protesting.. you can't overcome violence with more violence.

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I'm also not convinced that it was racially motivated. My personal opinion is that Zimmerman is just an over-zealous psychopath. And he should be in jail.
    Zimmerman is a psychopath who should be in jail, but do you think the verdict would be the same if their roles were reversed? If Trayvon, or another black male, were the one with the gun? I don't think the a-holes who are cheering the verdict would feel the same. I read somewhere the state's heart was never in the case. They didn't even want to arrest or prosecute until the people demanded it. I also read a quote for somebody about (I'm paraphrasing) - this verdict isn't really about George Zimmerman, it's about all he George Zimmermans it will spawn.
    olivia, BITTER and hustle4alivin like this.

I think in order to have properly prosecuted this case, they would have had to put the police department on trial and it seems since the prosecution was reluctant to prosecute they weren't really willing to put their relationship with their police department on the line. The investigation into this case was an abomination from the moment the police arrived on scene.My heart breaks for the family and the implicatins of this verdict.
    greysfang, olivia, sluce and 2 others like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

If Aaron Hernandez was smart, he'd hire George Zimmerman's attorneys.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I'm quite angry still and I wonder why people aren't sitting in...Fifty years ago NO ONE would be home!!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

This nauseates me. I've been saying for a couple of days that I thought Zimmerman was going to get off, and I meant it, but the tiny, non-cynical part of me hoped I was was wrong. Clearly, I wasn't.

It all seems so bogged down in bullshit. Reality: a black teenager goes to a convenience store. An asshole with a gun decides he doesn't approve of that. Homicide ensues.

To me, it sounds like Trayvon was engaged in self-defense, because if some fat fuck was harassing me up and down the street, I'd feel pretty threatened, and wanting to defend myself.

Also, Zimmerman's head wounds? Pussy. I was an Army medic and I know from head wounds, and if someone pounds your head into the pavement, it looks a helluva lot worse than that. And, to be redundant, if some scary fat guy is harassing me, maybe the time comes to pound his head into the pavement.

This is just all horseshit, horseshit, horseshit. I'd like to be more articulate, but honestly, I'm so disgusted by this, I'm out of words.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I hope the Feds go after him. I don't think Zimmerman won this case. I think the Prosecuters lost it. They oughta be brought up on charges,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Can a civil suit be filed against Zimmerman, the way the Browns filed a civil suit against OJ?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information