Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    He will probably live the rest of his life in hiding like Casey Anthony.
    He'll have to. He's way too recognizable now to be employed, walk down the street, go to a McDonalds, or probably even just go for a walk (in another neighborhood, with his goddamn gun). Such bullhockey.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No,Bitter. He did not get away with a damn thing. He has gone straight into hiding and will never draw an easy breath the rest of his long life. He will forever feel like a hunted man with a bulls eye on his back. He is a hunted and haunted man and I would not want to be him. He is also Catholic, so he has Hell looming to boot.
    I don't know about this. Unlike Casey, he has, I think, a substantial number of supporters. People who think he was defending himself and/or think this case proves the right to bear arms. Book deal? I could see it.

There are a lot of people who are pleased with this verdict. They feel Trayvon was a thug that got what he deserved. Zimmerman had a gun...how could he feel threatened? He was clearly the aggressor!!!
    McJag, greysfang and MentalNotes like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Most comments online that I've seen have been disgusted with the verdict. But I looked on Websleuths and expected the majority of them to be angry too but the thread was filled with 'WOO! Yes!!' type responses. I just thought WTF?? Justice was not done imo.
    levitt likes this.

The prosecution miffed this. I got worried at the first witness. I really think they thought had a slam dunk and phoned it in.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    God forgive me, but my head is hurting over the fact that Zimmerman got away with murder. And that if anything bad happens to him I won't be too broken up over it. I'm heartsick over the verdict. It is almost like it was planned to set this POS free. I know it was not intellectually, but emotionally I feel that way.
    Don't feel bad. I want the bastard dead, along with all the passive racists who wanted him acquitted so it could be open season on blacks again. I'm not very comfortable having a 17yo black son this morning and I shouldn't fucking feel that way in my own damn country.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Don't feel bad. I want the bastard dead, along with all the passive racists who wanted him acquitted so it could be open season on blacks again. I'm not very comfortable having a 17yo black son this morning and I shouldn't fucking feel that way in my own damn country.

^^^This

I have a couple of teenage cousins around the age Trayvon was. I tell them all the time to be careful and watch out because you never know what may happen...

Also, I think a lot of the people who are supporting George Zimmerman probably couldn't give two shits about Zimmerman himself, it's more about the gun laws and the fact that someone actually got away with something like this ("the little thug/nigger/punk deserved it!" seems to be the battle cry with a lot of his supporters). The smirks and smiles from Zimmerman, his family, and his defense team made me sick inside. The coldness and callousness of a lot of people in relation to this case and "supporting" Zimmerman. Funny how people were saying that GZ was defending himself, but wasn't Trayvon defending himself as well? Interesting how the prosecution didn't really bring that up during the trial.

I really don't want to be out and about in public today...I know it sounds silly in a way, but there's no telling how people will be reacting to things, and I know the tension is pretty volatile and thick, and I'm questioning a lot of things including my faith, my country, my worth/value as a black man in America and even some of my so-called friendships with some people.

I feel for Martin's parents...I'm pretty sure they feel as if their son has died all over again. To go through all of this and watch the man walk free has to be devastating. I wonder if they'll sue GZ for wrongful death.

Sorry for my thoughts being all over the place, but while Zimmerman's acquittal wasn't a surprise, I'm still bummed out and have every right to feel that way.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; July 14th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Most comments online that I've seen have been disgusted with the verdict. But I looked on Websleuths and expected the majority of them to be angry too but the thread was filled with 'WOO! Yes!!' type responses. I just thought WTF?? Justice was not done imo.
    I peeked over there too and was pretty shocked, especially at the "Thank GOD, thank you LORD" posts. Wow, just wow. I mean, if some people feel the verdict was fair under the poorly-written LAWS, I get that, but leave God out of it, please.
    dilligaf likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

I'm just gutted. Disgusted,gutted, rage-filled, you name it. I know the prosecution didn't put on the greatest case, but how could you not see that Zimmerman started the whole thing.

I'm surprised about the reaction of Websleuths - those are usually pretty reasonable people over there.

I hope the rest of Zimmerman's life is pure hell. I hope he is harassed daily for the rest of his life. I hope he stays home and gains 400 more pounds.

And I have nothing but contempt for his lawyers who used subtle and overt racist imagery and words to try and work the trial in their favor. The fact their clownishness was rewarded makes me sick.

The only thing to say to the jurors is that I hope they or a lived one of theirs never has to go through what Trayvon went through - being stalked and followed by a creepy stranger who pulls a gun on them.

With you as his mom, honey, they'd better watch out. But I know how you feel.

I hope President Obama says something to put people at ease; we really need to hear from him now.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    ^^^This

I have a couple of teenage cousins around the age Trayvon was. I tell them all the time to be careful and watch out because you never know what may happen...

Also, I think a lot of the people who are supporting George Zimmerman probably couldn't give two shits about Zimmerman himself, it's more about the gun laws and the fact that someone actually got away with something like this ("the little thug/nigger/punk deserved it!" seems to be the battle cry with a lot of his supporters). The smirks and smiles from Zimmerman, his family, and his defense team made me sick inside. The coldness and callousness of a lot of people in relation to this case and "supporting" Zimmerman. Funny how people were saying that GZ was defending himself, but wasn't Trayvon defending himself as well? Interesting how the prosecution didn't really bring that up during the trial.

I really don't want to be out and about in public today...I know it sounds silly in a way, but there's no telling how people will be reacting to things, and I know the tension is pretty volatile and thick, and I'm questioning a lot of things including my faith, my country, my worth/value as a black man in America and even some of my friendships with people.

I feel for Martin's parents...I'm pretty sure they feel as if their son has died all over again. To go through all of this and watch the man walk free has to be devastating. I wonder if they'll sue GZ for wrongful death.

Sorry for my thoughts being all over the place, but while Zimmerman's acquittal wasn't a surprise, I'm still bummed out and have every right to feel that way.
    I feel the same way you do hustle.

It's almost as if the prosecution, defense, judge and jury worked together on this, I swear.

I'm not gonna watch any cable news stations today; I can't deal with it. If I have to see Don West's smug face again, I might pop a blood vessel.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

How anyone can feel "good" about this is unbelievable. Someone's life was lost. We'll never get the true story what happened though and I'm also not convinced that it was racially motivated. My personal opinion is that Zimmerman is just an over-zealous psychopath. And he should be in jail. The only thing I can say is that the Prosecution didn't do a good enough job and you can't let mob rule decide a man's fate. That's not how our justice system works. Who knows what the jury heard that we didn't. I don't trust our news media one bit. I feel awful for Trayvon's family.. but I'm also not convinced this is going to create "open -season" on anyone. And as for "street justice".. that's just insane. These idiots rioting and taking it out on cops just further perpetuate a stereotype that isn't true for 99.9% of people.

Why shouldn't they take it out on cops, they're the ones who started the debacle by refusing to investigate.
    Dorahacky likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This is surreal. I can't believe the motherfucker got away with murdering a boy.

sorry if this has already been posted.

THE BLOGJust in Case George Zimmerman Walks Free...
    Russell SimmonsJul 09, 2013
    Like so many people across the country, I have followed the murder trial of George Zimmerman very closely. As we enter what is probably the last week of the trial, I am sure that everyone is anxious about the outcome. For the past 16 months, I have proudly supported the courageous parents of Trayvon Martin as they have fought for justice for their son. I have greatly admired the grace and humility that they have exuded throughout this entire tragic ordeal. For them, the day of judgement in the courtroom will be a very difficult day and I certainly will say a prayer for them when that day comes.

Even with this important day coming soon, I remind myself that we have already accomplished a tremendous amount in the memory of Trayvon. All we ever asked for was for equal justice for the young man who was killed that drizzling night in Sanford, Florida. If George Zimmerman had rights, so did Trayvon Martin. And that is why Mr. Zimmerman was properly arrested and charged with murder in the second degree. He will soon be judged by a jury of his peers, and that is the best we can do. Whatever decision they make, is a decision that we must live with, whether we like it or not. Whether George Zimmerman is found innocent or guilty by the jury, I am firm believer that all of us live by karmic law, and he will ultimately be punished for the death of Trayvon, no matter what. However, if he walks free out of that courtroom, I understand that some people will be very sad, but we must remember the mission we are on. As I have heard Trayvon's parents say time and time again, they are not only fighting for justice for their son, they are fighting for all of us, especially those parents who have to live through the misery of burying their child and the sadness that comes after.

Their inspiring leadership has already led to action. In 2012, for the first time in 8 years, not ONE state in our nation passed a new "Stand Your Ground" law. The power of the NRA and their gun-toting cronies in business were stopped in their tracks by the Justice For Trayvon Martin movement. That is an incredible accomplishment. That is the mission we must continue after this trial is over. Led by the heroism of Trayvon's parents, we will support their efforts to not only block new laws from being enacted, but also repeal the laws in the 25 states who already passed "Stand Your Ground" type legislation. And we will certainly support their healing process, as they have become great protectors of our nation's compassion. It is the future that needs to be protected and everyone who stood up for Trayvon plays a part in that protection. If we failed to protect Trayvon on February 26, 2012, we will pledge to never make that mistake again.

Never we will stop fighting for justice for Trayvon, guilty verdict or acquittal, as our work will never be done!

Please go to Trayvon Martin Foundation | The Official Website to pledge your support for the future!
    Just in Case George Zimmerman Walks Free... | Russell Simmons
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The media has been stirring the pot quite a bit themselves. It's as if many of them want a massive riot or race war to pop off. People rioting would be counter-productive and give TPTB exactly what they want. It's all entertainment/bread and and circuses for them.

I put my hat off to Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton displaying the dignity and grace and calls for calm during this whole sordid ordeal. There's no telling what I'd be liable to say or do if I were in their shoes.
    shedevilang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I put my hat off to Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton displaying the dignity and grace and calls for calm during this whole sordid ordeal. There's no telling what I'd be liable to say or do if I were in their shoes.
    Yes. I'm not a praying person but if I were it would be for these folks. So sad.

Thread Information