Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Thread: George Zimmerman Trial

The prosecution's witnesses pretty much corroborated GZ's story, they put on an awful case and perhaps it's why they didn't want to bring charges to start with. The State's m.o. was to poke holes in his version, problem being they have the burden of proof, not GZ. It's always going to be a difficult case when man kills another and claims self-defense and there are no witnesses, but I was shocked by how weak the State's case was--not even the ballistics supports the charges. Reasonable doubt abounds, so get ready.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

I think reasonable doubt exists for 2nd degree murder. The manslaughter charge isn't such a stretch (under normal conditions...not Florida.) I don't think that Zimmerman proved that using a gun was his only recourse, which would be enough to convict if we weren't dealing with a gun happy society here.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Elite Member

The state overreached, for sure.

The forensics don't reveal very much (IMO) one way or the other. But they did not totally contradict Zimmerman's story. It's not like he said that he shot Martin while Martin was on top of him, but then the ballistics showed that Z shot him in the back from 3 feet away, or something like that.

The big unknowns in the case for me are the following:

1. What did Z and M say to each other - what information was exchanged? I believe Zimmerman's statement said that he never identified himself as neighborhood watch. Why wouldn't he do so? I find this part of his story unbelievable, and I wonder what really transpired here.

2. Who initiated the physical contact - not in terms of who touched the other one first, but how did Z and M get into close proximity in the first place? I believe Z said that he got out of his car to look at the street sign, but then said that M followed him and confronted him, right? Isn't that what Zimmerman said? That doesn't make sense to me and I wonder if there is any physical evidence that supports that? Because that is pretty much what Zimmerman would have to say in order to explain why he was out of his car while still claiming that Trayvon is the one who initiated the physical confrontation.

I really feel like there is a big piece missing here. All kinds of things could have happened. TM could have noticed Z following him, stopped and hid in a bush, then jumped out and punched Z. I could see just getting pissed at this guy following and deciding to just let him have it. I honestly wouldn't blame him. Imagine being harassed and followed for nothing. But it's harder for me to imagine TM following Z back toward his car and then start to just wail on him. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I also wonder if somewhere in here Z tried to grab TM and detain him because he didn't want him to "get away" before the cops came? Maybe that's what started the physical aspect. Zimmerman seemed to have this stupid idea that wanted to keep this "suspect" from getting away before the cops arrived, even though there was no crime or attempted crime occurring and the only thing TM could be suspected of was being black.

3. Is it meaningful, as the prosecution suggests, that the person who was screaming for help stopped right after the gunshot? At first it seemed clear in my mind that if TM was screaming and then Z shot him, of course he'd stop. But then if Z was the one screaming because TM was hitting him, and he shot TM and TM obviously stopped hitting him, then that would also explain why the screaming stopped. What do you all think?

There are just so many things that don't make sense, and Zimmerman's story, while not directly contradicted by the forensics in some ways, just doesn't make sense to me. My common sense smells bullshit.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Well maybe if the fucking state had INVESTIGATED right away instead of waiting for an uprising of rage to call in the FBI to do their jobs for them, there would be some evidence that isn't tainted. Motherfuckers. They deserve every fucking hour of clean up duty they will have to do if rioting starts after a not guilty verdict.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    The state overreached, for sure.

The forensics don't reveal very much (IMO) one way or the other. But they did not totally contradict Zimmerman's story. It's not like he said that he shot Martin while Martin was on top of him, but then the ballistics showed that Z shot him in the back from 3 feet away, or something like that.
    The forensics do contradict Zimmerman's original story, where he said TM slammed his head on the concrete 25x and punched him. Mind you, this is after he told the cops that he stumbled and fell, which does match his injuries, but then GZ changed that story. Since there was none of GZ's blood or DNA on TM's hands (or anywhere else) and his hands were not bruised or cut in any way, that contradicts the story GZ told the cops.

The big unknowns in the case for me are the following:

1. What did Z and M say to each other - what information was exchanged? I believe Zimmerman's statement said that he never identified himself as neighborhood watch. Why wouldn't he do so? I find this part of his story unbelievable, and I wonder what really transpired here.
    I *think* GZ didn't identify himself as Neighborhood Watch because he wanted to seem like an undercover cop to TM. Calling himself NW would have undermined his fantasy of authority doing real cop work. That seems believable to me.

2. Who initiated the physical contact - not in terms of who touched the other one first, but how did Z and M get into close proximity in the first place? I believe Z said that he got out of his car to look at the street sign, but then said that M followed him and confronted him, right? Isn't that what Zimmerman said? That doesn't make sense to me and I wonder if there is any physical evidence that supports that? Because that is pretty much what Zimmerman would have to say in order to explain why he was out of his car while still claiming that Trayvon is the one who initiated the physical confrontation.

I really feel like there is a big piece missing here. All kinds of things could have happened. TM could have noticed Z following him, stopped and hid in a bush, then jumped out and punched Z. I could see just getting pissed at this guy following and deciding to just let him have it. I honestly wouldn't blame him. Imagine being harassed and followed for nothing. But it's harder for me to imagine TM following Z back toward his car and then start to just wail on him. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

I also wonder if somewhere in here Z tried to grab TM and detain him because he didn't want him to "get away" before the cops came? Maybe that's what started the physical aspect. Zimmerman seemed to have this stupid idea that wanted to keep this "suspect" from getting away before the cops arrived, even though there was no crime or attempted crime occurring and the only thing TM could be suspected of was being black.
    That's an interesting thought and sure fits with GZ's attitude in his 911 call - the rage at one of those "punks" getting away.

Ultimately, I don't think it matters who made first contact. It's Zimmerman who came with a gun. I don't think, based on his wounds that shooting a kid in the heart was his only recourse. I also don't see how Zimmerman could have drawn his gun if Trayvon was sitting on top of him. But that also doesn't matter. There were tons of things Zimmerman could have done to deflate the tension or at least extricated himself from the situation. He CHOSE to follow Trayvon, to threaten him and ultimately shoot him.

I read today that there was a street sign, with all the street names, right in front of where Zimmerman parked his car, so there goes that excuse. If Zimmerman were just looking for a street name, why is he heard running and searching for Trayvon on the 911 recording (without a mention of street names at all?)

3. Is it meaningful, as the prosecution suggests, that the person who was screaming for help stopped right after the gunshot? At first it seemed clear in my mind that if TM was screaming and then Z shot him, of course he'd stop. But then if Z was the one screaming because TM was hitting him, and he shot TM and TM obviously stopped hitting him, then that would also explain why the screaming stopped. What do you all think?
    Good question!

Well, I don't know why someone who pulls the gun would be calling for help and then suddenly stop after shooting. There is something hinky there about Zimmerman's claims. That, and the added claim that Trayvon supposedly said "You got me" after being shot, feel like some bad movie script.
    CHILLY FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Frank Taaffe, Zimmerman's friend, has me worried. I think he believes George is innocent, but he comes off so aggresively.
    This guy is everywhere, all the after court shows discussing this case. I've lost count how many times Nancy Grace has cut his mic which I think is pretty funny but agree he's very argumentative with everyone and he makes me cringe at times to the point that I simply change the channel.

That's funny, I simply change the channel as soon as I see Nancy Grace.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, I don't know why someone who pulls the gun would be calling for help and then suddenly stop after shooting. There is something hinky there about Zimmerman's claims. That, and the added claim that Trayvon supposedly said "You got me" after being shot, feel like some bad movie script.

^^^^^^
    This makes it sound like Z was chasing him, Martin was yelling help because he saw the gun, Z shot him and that's when Martin said those words.
    Alot of people are convinced Martin was pummeling him.
    What if he did beat Z and Z pulled out the gun to save himself from getting beat more. Martin sees it, backs off to get away, yells help since he's scared of the gun but doesn't get far at all because Z shoots him to stop him from getting away. Possible?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post

^^^^^^
    This makes it sound like Z was chasing him, Martin was yelling help because he saw the gun, Z shot him and that's when Martin said those words.
    Alot of people are convinced Martin was pummeling him.
    What if he did beat Z and Z pulled out the gun to save himself from getting beat more. Martin sees it, backs off to get away, yells help since he's scared of the gun but doesn't get far at all because Z shoots him to stop him from getting away. Possible?
    That sounds more believable that any of Zimmerman's stories. The only problem I see with it is Zimmerman has no explanation as to how he got his gun out of his waistband behind him if Trayvon was sitting on top of him. And still, Trayvon's knuckles were clean - no indication of Z's blood or DNA.
    Last edited by olivia; July 11th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
    CHILLY FREE!

Gold Member

Didn't either Zimmerman or his defense team claim that Trayvon grabbed or had his hands somehow on Zimmerman's gun while they were "wrestling around" on the ground? And didn't the forensics show that there were no prints or DNA from Trayvon on the gun? So that contradicts Zimmerman's story right there.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    Didn't either Zimmerman or his defense team claim that Trayvon grabbed or had his hands somehow on Zimmerman's gun while they were "wrestling around" on the ground? And didn't the forensics show that there were no prints or DNA from Trayvon on the gun? So that contradicts Zimmerman's story right there.
    I think Zimmerman might have backed down from that a bit to "he was reaching for my gun." I have also heard the explanation/excuse given that Trayvon could have tried to grab the gun but if it was under rather than on top of Zimmerman's garments, he wouldn't have left prints.

Not saying I believe any of it. Saying that TM was reaching for the gun is pretty hard to disprove, even though it begs the question of how he knew Zimmerman had a gun, and where it was.

Bottom line is: Zimmerman had no business following him. Police told him to back off and he didn't. He is guilty to me because he could have avoided the entire episode.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So the absolutely clueless intern walks in and says "Hey, so lesser charges in Zimmerman?" and he starts going on about the case and I realize he knows NOTHING about it, like NOTHING regarding the following and all that bullshit. Anyway, he asks me "what do you think?" I say "He should commit suicide." WHAT!?!??!? I say "Yeah, he royally fucked up and killed a person, how can he live with himself? He shows no humility and allows groups like the NRA and super extreme followers to raise funds for his defense, I wish he would just cease breathing." Yeah, that's how I feel about this. It is fucking frightening that people like this legally own weapons and like to pretend real life is the wild fucking west.
    McJag, faithanne, stef and 2 others like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    So the absolutely clueless intern walks in and says "Hey, so lesser charges in Zimmerman?" and he starts going on about the case and I realize he knows NOTHING about it, like NOTHING regarding the following and all that bullshit. Anyway, he asks me "what do you think?" I say "He should commit suicide." WHAT!?!??!? I say "Yeah, he royally fucked up and killed a person, how can he live with himself? He shows no humility and allows groups like the NRA and super extreme followers to raise funds for his defense, I wish he would just cease breathing." Yeah, that's how I feel about this. It is fucking frightening that people like this legally own weapons and like to pretend real life is the wild fucking west.
    I agree with you. It's amazing how so few people know about the background of this case.

I have lost count of how many times I have seen Trayvon referred to as a "thug" because people think that Zimmerman was just someone minding his own business, strolling down the street and that Trayvon just jumped him for no reason whatsoever. They look at me as if I'm speaking some weird alien language when I tell them about Zimmerman's stalking Trayvon, Zimmerman starting the entire confrontation, Zimmerman's past history of calling 911 whenever he saw a "suspicious" black male in the neighborhood, Zimmerman's arrest record, etc. They don't believe any of it and insist that Trayvon "got what he deserved."

It makes me weep for humanity. I hate saying this but there are times when I really, really hate and despise my fellow human beings.
    olivia likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Bottom line is: Zimmerman had no business following him. Police told him to back off and he didn't. He is guilty to me because he could have avoided the entire episode.
    To me that is the bottom line, too, but the self-defense angle muddies the waters considerably. I really fear an acquittal.

It makes me so frustrated when I read people calling Trayvon a thug because he had been suspended at school, etc. and that therefore he must have "started it." There is no evidence whatsoever that he was doing anything other than simply walking to the store, getting some junk food, and then walking back to his dad's place. It wouldn't matter if he was a convicted serial killer--he wasn't doing anything wrong and there's nothing to suggest he was looking for a fight or confrontation. The idea that a kid can go out unarmed on a totally innocent errand and wind up dead is simply unacceptable. All the people who are hung up on race, whether he was a saint or a thug, etc. etc. are going off the rail and need to just stop and think for a moment about how they'd feel if their kid went out to buy a slurpee or something and wound up dead.

Somewhere online I read some dumb-ass talking about ice tea and skittles can be used to make a drink or something that gets you high.

Yeah, asshole, it's called a sugar high. It's just junk food and 99.9% of us Americans love it, especially kids.
    lizzybabe and MentalNotes like this.

Thread Information