Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gentle innocent or brutal killer: Seattle student charged with murder in Italy

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Regardless of what her role in this actually was, it's clear she's lying and withholding information. And that in itself is so inexcusable, given what the dead woman's family must be going through. They deserve to know what happened.
    The lying and deception were based on statements made during 14 hours of questioning by the Italian police, 14 hours without council or a break.

I wouldn't trust that at all. I bet by the end of that ordeal, Amanda would have signed anything or implicated anyone to just get out of there.

Always demand a lawyer. In a foreign country, always demand legal representation from the consulate before answering any questions.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

^^^You don't think it's suspicious that they thoroughly, thoroughly cleaned that apartment with bleach hours after the murder?? In fact, Amanda and her boyfriend were waiting for the store to open at 7.30 in the morning, bought a bottle of bleach, then went back to get more bleach. All before the police arrived??

As for long hours of questioning, that is what police do to people suspected of a gruesome murder. She was given breaks, like anybody. As her story kept changing, the police continued to hold her for questioning. Take notice that the day after the initial questioning, she went shopping for lingerie. So the questioning couldn't have been too grueling.

I am not completely sold on Knox guilt. Those two only knew each other a week. Who plans a murder with someone you just met? Why didn't they accuse each other of the crime to get a lighter sentence? What would be the motive? Certainly not the menial job that paid $65 a week that the room mate was going to take from her. I read that she and her room mate didn't get along. So what! She probably would have only lived with her a few more weeks or months. She could have moved somewhere else. I am failing to understand what the motive was because the one that the Italian's gave seems too far fetched.

^^^They were high on drugs. Amanda thought her room mate was a prude because the room mate disapproved of her vibrator being on show in the shared bathroom, and because Amanda had brought home various men for sex.

The prosecution believe that Amanda was trying to teach her room mate a lesson and when the room mate didn't want to have sex with the guy Amanda brought home (who admitted to killing the victim) then Amanda held a knife to her neck as the room mate was raped. It got out of hand and the victim was stabbed to death while she was held down. It took her two hours to die a horrible death.

As Wiseguy implied, the contention isn't that the murder was planned. I think it would qualify as a 2nd-degree murder. The coverup is what looks planned and methodical.

Silver Member

I had a friend who knew this girl that cheated on her bf with him, the boyfriend found out and she screamed rape.
    My friend on the other hand panicked, called a lawyer, and started destroying condoms, nudie pictures of their 'fun' time (which obviously her naked poses were quite the opposite of rape) and some lingerie she left behind.

He also deleted text messages and computer conversations of making plans, because he was freaking out and thinking he was going to jail.

When the "rape" was reported to the police, in effort to try to get as far away from the situation as possible it only made himself look more guilty.

The girl did drop the charges, fessing up that she lied, but the whole scenario feels very similar to this.

I keep thinking about this girl I went to highschool with. She was quiet & angelic looking. She had the sort of look that isn't appreciated in high school,but later will knock people over. Anyway, first year in college she got mixed up with a married man. His pregnant wife was found murdered in their home-and she did it. She really did. I found it hard to believe then & still do, even though there is no doubt. Sometimes you just don't want someone to be quilty of some horrible crime. But, just like this case, they may really be quilty.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^ Yep. Reminds me of high school, honor roll student had her boyfriend beat her mother to death. She lied, and looked very angelic also.

Along those lines, Amanda reminds me of Laura Hall a lot (she dismembered a young woman here in Austin after her fuck buddy shot and killed her). It's just the same mannerisms, facial expressions, attitude and behavior after the fact. Having said that, I don't think Knox would have been convicted in the states because I just don't see the evidence proving it beyond a reasonable doubt.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I'm kind of astonished at the blatant stereotyping and xenophobia against Italians most of the so-called 'news' about this contain.

Personally, I think she's as guilty as hell. The fact that she resorted to "the black guy did it" blaming of an innocent person alone speaks volumes to her character. May the bitch rot.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

What I don't get is why the other guy who's in prison for her murder didn't mention that knox took part in the crime as well. Couldn't he have used that to get a plea deal if she was really guilty?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    What I don't get is why the other guy who's in prison for her murder didn't mention that knox took part in the crime as well. Couldn't he have used that to get a plea deal if she was really guilty?
    I wonder if they have plea deals in Italy.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i love the title of this thread "gentle innocent" wtf

^Yeah, like she's freakin' Bambi, or something.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

they were "high" on drugs....LMAO they smoked a joint and had some wine. How idiotic!!

Do any of us have all the details? The photos of the crime scene do not indicate that the cottage was cleaned one bit. There's so many problems with this case. Ive read too many lies on both sides.

I have a problem with Italy, it's the home of the Vatican and the Mofia..........................eewwww. Not a country I would want to be on trial for any crime.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information