Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gentle innocent or brutal killer: Seattle student charged with murder in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    From what i have read about the evidence and theories, i believe there is much more than reasonable doubt. Never mind the questionable way the Italian legal system has handled the entire case.

Personally, i believe they are innocent. What a horrible nightmare for them if that's the case.
    Well what else would you suggest? It doesn't work that well that one of the party entered a plea bargain fast trial and was sentenced last year after admitting things... but Amanda Knox, because of her silence and secrecy, she comes across very strange and callous. I have no doubt that she is guilty.

I love how people are acting as if this only happens in Italy. As if American court systems are "fair" perfect and unbiased. I doubt her innocence.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Well all media contains bias. Nothing presented in the press is objective. So i would suggest that the press in England would be biased against Knox, and the press in North America would be biased for her. Italy certainly doesn't have the market cornered when it comes to bungled investigations, questionable prosecutions etc.

The evidence that i have read at the very least raises reasonable doubt. The theory as presented by the prosecution IMO doesn't make any sense and would be entirely out of character for Knox and her bf. When i saw the video footage of Amanda and her bf behaving "inappropriately" at the murders scene (which allegedly triggered the investigation) i couldn't believe how anyone would interpret it as anything other than a shocked, young woman who had just discovered that her roommate was murdered.
    Like i said though, the information we get about the case probably just depends on where we live.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I just do not see her as being completely innocent either. Something about the whole case is strange and it is not just the media, but her story that kept changing. Yes, I can believe she was scared and maybe the cops told her hey you killed her, and she went along with whatever they said...that could be it. I just don't buy it. I really did not like..well I was watching Larry King earlier with some other guy hosting and one of the women he was discussing it with said something like "people like to think italians are classy" or something along that lines. I just thought WTF?

I'm glad she got convicted.
    Quite interesting article saying America misreported this case. True Justice For Meredith Kercher
    Last edited by Sarzy; December 5th, 2009 at 03:03 AM.

^^^I just watched the 48 hours episode on Amanda Knox ("A Long Way from Home" on Youtube. Then I watched this on Youtube:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0_UOtRCfc[/youtube]

I've also read the list of evidence against Amanda Knox and her Italian boyfriend, Rafaelle Sollecito. There is no doubt in my mind that Amanda Knox masterminded the murder of her room mate, Meredith Kercher. The 48 Hours episode hinted that there is no real evidence to convict. Here is what they glossed over:

Luminal (which picks up traces of cleaned up blood) was used on a knife found in Rafaelle's house (Meredith had never been in the house) and it had Amanda's blood and Meredith's blood on it. It may have been one of several knives used to kill Meredith.

The house Amanda and Meredith lived in had been scrubbed with bleach and wiped clean of fingerprints and clues to Meredith's murder before police arrived.

There is video footage of Amanda (the day after Meredith’s murder) in a lingerie shop where Amanda and her Italian boyfriend are giggling and talking about having raunchy sex that night, in front of the cashier. Not exactly the behaviour of somebody who is grieving over her roommate’s murder 24 hours earlier.

Knox began doing cartwheels and handstands and snuggling with Sollecito as they were being brought in for questioning by police. "We were all crying, and I didn't see Amanda crying," said Robyn Butterworth (Meredith's friend). "She and Raffaele were kissing and joking."

Amanda kept giving conflicting and inconsistent versions of the events that happened on the night of the murder.

Rudy Guede, who was convicted for murdering Meredith Kercher and received 30 years in prison, admits to the murder and says that Amanda Knox masterminded the killing.

Amanda Knox had "Team Amanda" working hard to imply that the Italian police, forensic scientists and all others in Italy working on the case, were incompetent and bungled the case every step of the way. There were flaws made by police (like most murder cases) but the forensic evidence of the knife (which had been scrubbed vigorously) containing Amanda's blood AND Meredith’s blood is very strong evidence for any murder trial and Amanda’s defence had no answer to it.

There is a lot more evidence against Amanda Knox that would take too long to type out here, but she is not the innocent abroad that Team Amanda would have us believe.

I read a lenghty article on the events during that night and I am convinced they did it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Team Un-Amanda. I think they did it as well.

I have to agree-that evidence is pretty damning.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I agree they were involved too- when she appealed to the jurors she stated that she didnt want to have the mask of a murderer. Why not say shes innocent and didnt do this?

There was so much conflicting stuff in this trial, it must have been difficult for the jurors. I can't honestly make up my mind, it would take somebody completely depraved to slit their friend's throat and laugh about it...
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Very, very compelling evidence. I have to admit i have changed my mind and think they are probably guilty .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    There was so much conflicting stuff in this trial, it must have been difficult for the jurors. I can't honestly make up my mind, it would take somebody completely depraved to slit their friend's throat and laugh about it...
    They interviewed her dad and sister on 20/20 last night, and he mentioned that the jury is made up of the 3(?) judges and a few jurors; they don't all have to agree on a guilty verdict, it could be 5 to 4 to convinct, and she would be found guilty.

There is so much conflicting information on this case, I'm not sure what to think. Some stuff i read makes me think she could be innocent, but it just depends on how the story i'm reading at the time twists the facts. Then again, there is something off about Amanda to me. I'm swaying more towards guilty, but i'm just not sure.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

I haven't followed this case enough to have an opinion either way. I don't think she got a fair trial because the jury was not sequestered, and were exposed to media reports. My guess is she's not exactly guilty but not exactly innocent.

That picture of her behind bars breaks my heart, though.
    Who says being second best is such a bad thing?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information