Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gentle innocent or brutal killer: Seattle student charged with murder in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I thought that the "two knives were used" theory had already been discredited.
    by whom?i saw nothing stating this so far...maybe later.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    by whom?i saw nothing stating this so far...maybe later.
    When asked if there could have been two knives involved, a theory put forth by the prosecution when it had to admit that the smaller wounds could not have been made by the big kitchen knife, Torre replied, "It would be the first time in history that a murder was done with two knives."
    The "two knives" theory was something the prosecution started saying when evidence demonstrated that the kitchen knife from Sollecito's apartment could not have been the murder weapon. It then became, "Oh, well, then there were TWO knives used." There were some smaller, more superficial wounds, but that does not indicate with any certainty the use of two knives. It could indicate less serious wounds sustained with the same knife in different positions and using less force during the course of the struggle.

Kind of like how after they blamed Knox and Sollecito and then found Guede, instead of acknowledging that Guede was responsible, it turned into, "Oh, then, there were THREE people responsible!"

The "two knives" theory was something the prosecution started saying when evidence demonstrated that the kitchen knife from Sollecito's apartment could not have been the murder weapon. It then became, "Oh, well, then there were TWO knives used."
    From what I've read at least one expert testified that the wounds on her throat and wounds elsewhere on her body are not consistent in size with only one knife being used.

So the murderer had two knifes on him?Like one for the meat and one for the fish?
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I would have acquitted her based on insufficient evidence, but at the same time there is no doubt in my head whatsoever that she is guilty of something that night. And I think that the celebrations, etc., are ridiculously tacky. You're celebrating a girl who more than likely had a role in murder and also fingered the wrong guy and ruined his reputation. This is not some innocent little doe-eyed girl here. The whole thing is just a miscarriage of justice all around, and I do feel badly for the Kerchers, this circus has forgotten what the real tragedy here is. On one hand, I am glad justice in some sort of way has been served, because there was obviously insufficient evidence and reasonable doubt remained, but it doesn't make me joyous to see her freed. It just makes me angry at how this case was handled from the start. To me, it's a sad day, not a happy one.
    beautifully put.
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ That wasn't used as 'proof.' There was plenty of other 'proof' but it was discredited this time around. I would say Knox's celebrations are premature, tacky and self serving and it is going to be odious to see her doing an OJ Simpson (IMO) around the world while a girl purportedly her friend lies murdered. Btw, I don't see her so-called boyfriend playing the same game.
    I hope that she doesn't go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Kercher Family: 'We're Back To Square One' John Kercher said the family are "shocked" and were wondering if anyone else would now be brought to justice.
    He told the Daily Mirror: "It is ludicrous. How can they ignore all the other evidence?
    "I thought the judge might play it safe and uphold the conviction but reduce the sentence. But this result is crazy.
    "There were 47 wounds on Meredith and two knives used. One person couldn't possibly have done that.
    "What happens now? Does that mean the police need to look for more killers?"
    I think that these questions need answers. And i think that everyone has forgotten about how horrific Meredith's murder actually was.

Yes,he is,but he didnt do it alone..
    Oh but that can be just smoothed over now, because despite him confessing he's obviously lying about this eventhough he told the truth about everything else. *rolls eyes at inconsistencies being ok for one defendant but not others*

There was no dna and shit when she was first arrested and it was her own attitude that make them believe they were involved.Up to the point her family hired a team of experts ,it was obvious they were involved.
    Of course they still dont say where they were or what they were doing that night,but she was ready to accuse a black man of killing her *friend*
    she even said she was in the kitchen at the time,covering her ears so she wont hear the victim,s screaming as she was butchered and raped.
    No,i dont believe she is innocent at all,she is either a cunning little bitch or a mentally ill person,sorry.
    She also said that they were at the BF's place watching a movie on a laptop that wasn't used, turned their mobiles off (so their movements can't be mapped) & the "break in" at the apartment was faked.... so many inconsistancies.
    Free Charmed.

fgg

Nancy Grace: Amanda Knox Decision Is 'Miscarriage of Justice'

Nancy Grace doesn't see an innocent young woman in Amanda Knox, who was tried and convicted of the 2007 murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher and then set free Monday after a successful appeal.

"I think that it was a miscarriage of justice," Grace told PEOPLE Monday night after performing a waltz on Dancing with the Stars. "I only hope that Ms. Knox makes something of her life now because she's certainly been given a second chance."

She added, "Very few people are given the chance that she has been given today."

Knox, a University of Washington student who had been studying in Perugia, Italy, had faced a sentence of 26 years in prison, but the appeals court later overturned the most serious charges.

If Grace's crisp verdict on the matter sounds familiar, that's because her reaction to another massive case starring another young woman was even more fierce. Grace famously didn't hold back when it came to her opinions on the trial of Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of murdering her young daughter, Caylee. Said Grace at the time: "The devil is dancing tonight."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

When asked if there could have been two knives involved, a theory put forth by the prosecution when it had to admit that the smaller wounds could not have been made by the big kitchen knife, Torre replied, "It would be the first time in history that a murder was done with two knives."
    The "two knives" theory was something the prosecution started saying when evidence demonstrated that the kitchen knife from Sollecito's apartment could not have been the murder weapon. It then became, "Oh, well, then there were TWO knives used." There were some smaller, more superficial wounds, but that does not indicate with any certainty the use of two knives. It could indicate less serious wounds sustained with the same knife in different positions and using less force during the course of the struggle.

Kind of like how after they blamed Knox and Sollecito and then found Guede, instead of acknowledging that Guede was responsible, it turned into, "Oh, then, there were THREE people responsible!"
    1) what a crock of shit, there is even a murderer well known for killing with two knives.
    2) I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post, since there is no purpose trying to convince someone about something that they refuse to see. However, try reading non-US news once in a while.
    Free Charmed.

^^
    i've been reading the bbc and other european news outlets and i'm not convinced sollecito and knox were guilty either. and i think the prosecution and the media have done a shitty job of things. it's turned into a soap opera and a joke.

"I think that it was a miscarriage of justice," Grace told PEOPLE Monday night after performing a waltz

is that supposed to lend credibility to her statement?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Why yes. When you are dead serious about something you always perform a waltz following your declaration. Everyone knows that.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Now if she performed the waltz while declaring it and holding a drink in her hand...
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

... and giving us another nip slip...
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Tupac lives!
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I guess you all have seen her arriving on British Airways. No private plane.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

fgg

Inside Amanda Knox's Life Behind – and Beyond – Bars

When Amanda Knox's murder conviction was overturned by an Italian jury on Monday, she was free to do something she hadn't done in four years: touch the grass.

During her four years in an Italian prison, Knox, 24 – who was studying abroad in Perugia when she was accused of the brutal 2007 murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher – spent 22 hours a day inside an 18-ft.-by-13-ft. cell she shared with at least one and sometimes as many as three other inmates.

Every morning, "Amanda would wake up early, make herself coffee, then go out for one of her two hours of outdoor time," her mother Edda Mellas tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story.

The onetime linguistics major and avid athlete (she was a keen rock climber before her incarceration) tried to stay fit by walking in the concrete courtyard and doing sit-ups and push-ups in her cell. Still, she lost so much weight during her imprisonment that she dropped from a size 6 to a 0.

Says her mom: "We won't know the extent to which Amanda has changed until she comes home ... she has survived something horrible."

Amanda Knox Arrives Home, Tearfully Expresses Thanks

After spending four years in an Italian prison for a murder she says she didn't commit, an emotional and grateful Amanda Knox is back home again.

The American student arrived in Seattle on Tuesday evening and tearfully said she still hasn't adjusted to the surreal events of recent days in which an appeals court overturned her murder conviction.

"I'm really overwhelmed right now," she said in a broken voice. "I was looking down from the airplane and it seemed like everything wasn't real."

After listening to her lawyer and parents give brief remarks, Knox, 24, stood before a throng of reporters in the airport and joked that after so long away she was struggling to communicate.

"They're reminding me to speak English; I'm having trouble with that," she said.

By turns smiling and fighting tears, she then paid tribute to her supporters, some of whom were cheering at the press conference.

"What's important for me to say is just thank you to everyone who has believed in me, who has defended me, who has supported my family," she said. "My family's the most important thing for me right now and I just want to go be with them. Thank you for being there for me."

Knox and her former boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito, 27, were convicted in the 2007 murder of her roommate Meredith Kercher, 21, in what Italian authorities called a sadistic sex game gone awry.

But the convictions were overturned Monday by a panel of two judges and six jurors after problems arose with the DNA evidence.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

yeah, I'm fucking tired of seeing her ass on tv already!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Thread Information