Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gentle innocent or brutal killer: Seattle student charged with murder in Italy

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Meredith Kercher's brother has said her family feel they are back at "square one" after the pair convicted of her murder were freed.
    this makes it seem that there isn't someone currently sitting in jail for this crime.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

did meredith's family forget about the guy who's already in jail for the murder?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yes,he is,but he didnt do it alone..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    No, it just tells you that she is unlikable and cold.

There wasn't adequate evidence against her and her boyfriend. They could well be guilty of something. Unless one of them rats out the other, we will probably never know. Even then, which one would you choose to believe?

On the other hand, they could both be innocent, or one could be covering for the other (unlikely at this point, I'd say). If there's reasonable doubt, she should not be imprisoned.

I feel sorry for both the families. I can't imagine having my child going to a foreign country and getting accused of a crime, and then trying to navigate a system of which I know nothing.

And I can't imagine sending my child to study abroad and having her murdered, and wondering if everyone involved is being brought to justice.

The business about Amanda being cold, messy, slutty, not nice, whatever, well, roommates are like that sometimes.
    It also tells me that she's a liar. A person who is innocent of a crime just randomly decides to pin a murder on another innocent person - ruining his life and jeopardizing his freedom. Why? I do not believe Amanda OR the boyfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I would have acquitted her based on insufficient evidence, but at the same time there is no doubt in my head whatsoever that she is guilty of something that night. And I think that the celebrations, etc., are ridiculously tacky. You're celebrating a girl who more than likely had a role in murder and also fingered the wrong guy and ruined his reputation. This is not some innocent little doe-eyed girl here. The whole thing is just a miscarriage of justice all around, and I do feel badly for the Kerchers, this circus has forgotten what the real tragedy here is. On one hand, I am glad justice in some sort of way has been served, because there was obviously insufficient evidence and reasonable doubt remained, but it doesn't make me joyous to see her freed. It just makes me angry at how this case was handled from the start. To me, it's a sad day, not a happy one.
    I agree. There is reasonable doubt to her guilt but there's a whole hell of a lot of doubt to her innocence in my mind too. And I find all the celebration sickening.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    she's unlikeable and cold and a liar. that's not proof that she's a murderer and the justice system isn't supposed to be a popularity contest.
    I don't think I said it indicates that she's guilty of murder. I goddamned sure don't find it indicative of her innocence either!
    ^ That wasn't used as 'proof.' There was plenty of other 'proof' but it was discredited this time around. I would say Knox's celebrations are premature, tacky and self serving and it is going to be odious to see her doing an OJ Simpson (IMO) around the world while a girl purportedly her friend lies murdered. Btw, I don't see her so-called boyfriend playing the same game.
    Agreed. Its disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I don't have much experience with marijuana, but is it possible that she and her boyfriend could honestly not remember in detail what they were doing that night if they were under the influence of drugs? I know for some people, especially when combined with alcohol, drugs can have that effect. Maybe they honestly just did not remember what they did and as a result couldn't provide a unified, consistent story, even if their activities were not criminal in nature.
    I guess by using that theory, we could say that maybe they DID kill someone and just don't remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Yes,he is,but he didnt do it alone..
    Agreed.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^
    but they couldn't prove who he was with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I don't think I said it indicates that she's guilty of murder. I goddamned sure don't find it indicative of her innocence either!
    you don't have to. it's 'innocent until proven guilty', after all. or in her case, not enough evidence to uphold the original verdict. as far as i'm concerned, they didn't prove her guilt (or the ex-boyfriend's) beyond a reasonable doubt. and the panel of judges and jurors didn't think so either.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    you don't have to. it's 'innocent until proven guilty', after all. or in her case, not enough evidence to uphold the original verdict. as far as i'm concerned, they didn't prove her guilt (or the ex-boyfriend's) beyond a reasonable doubt. and the panel of judges and jurors didn't think so either.
    Hopefully, they'll get another shot at her.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

the prosecution did say they were going to appeal. but then she'll be home and i have a hard time believing the US will extradite her. and if the dna - which is all they had, really - was discarded, what evidence are they going to use?

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    There is a huge difference in mentality between Americans making a hero out of the girl and Italian scepticism towards the boy.
    Effie - your perception is skewed here. Americans are not treating Amanda as a hero in any way. We simply saw that the evidence that convicted her was mishandled and upon proper review, showed she was not connected. That evidence was used to convict her and was now used to clear her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm going to withhold judgment on how Americans react. Once I have to look at her on Today and GMA and The View ... then I'll let you know.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Her being on TV to tell her story is not an indication of how Americans react. It is simply her telling her story.

Now the 2 guys who were just released from Iran are being treated as heros, as they should.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Her being on TV to tell her story is not an indication of how Americans react. It is simply her telling her story.

Now the 2 guys who were just released from Iran are being treated as heros, as they should.
    We'll see. Plus, why would anyone believe her story - she's proven herself to be nothing but a LIAR!
    I agree about those 2 guys who were released after their 2 years in prison in Iran though.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

There was no dna and shit when she was first arrested and it was her own attitude that make them believe they were involved.Up to the point her family hired a team of experts ,it was obvious they were involved.
    Of course they still dont say where they were or what they were doing that night,but she was ready to accuse a black man of killing her *friend*
    she even said she was in the kitchen at the time,covering her ears so she wont hear the victim,s screaming as she was butchered and raped.
    No,i dont believe she is innocent at all,she is either a cunning little bitch or a mentally ill person,sorry.

"There were 47 wounds on Meredith and two knives used. One person couldn't possibly have done that.
    One person can surely inflict such injuries with multiple weapons.

I thought that the "two knives were used" theory had already been discredited.

Yeah,he was carrying 2 knifes and used them one after the other..it does make sense..lol

Thread Information