Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Gabby Petito

Is there a podcase or documentary about the case? I would love to listen to more. Someone send this to the Small Town Murder guys stat.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Is there a podcase or documentary about the case? I would love to listen to more. Someone send this to the Small Town Murder guys stat.
    It looks like there is one on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcas...=1000466465968

I feel like elements of what happened were all around where I grew up. Tello was killed in a car in the parking lot of Plaza del Mercado - a shopping center I've been to a bunch of times. Sam Sheinbein's childhood house is about two blocks from the cemetery where my parents are buried. Tello's funeral mass was at my childhood Catholic Church (and school). Very eerie.
    OrangeSlice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Sputnik - it's a pretty amazing story. I left parts out and even Novice's description of the ending probably doesn't do justice to it. For example, Sheinbein was actually already on weekly furlough and was up for a full parole (which he was 100% going to get) a year after the gun battle in prison.

The initial murder was the one of the most pointless ever. Sheinbein actually wanted to kill another kid - a kid who was a rival for affection from a girl he had a crush on. But his friend, Aaron Needle, had been publicly embarrassed in front of a girl that Needle had a crush on. So, Sheinbein basically said, "I'll help you kill the guy you hate, if you help me kill the guy I hate". These kids grew up in Aspen Hill, which at the time, was a very nice upper-middle-class community.
    yeah i was just reading the wikipedia entry. i mean, the kid was clearly a sick puppy and his lawyer in israel pointed out (i think right before or after his death) he never got any kind of psych treatment or evaluation. and he called his lawyer to say goodbye the day of hte prison fight, so it was clearly suicide by cop.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It looks like there is one on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcas...=1000466465968

I feel like elements of what happened were all around where I grew up. Tello was killed in a car in the parking lot of Plaza del Mercado - a shopping center I've been to a bunch of times. Sam Sheinbein's childhood house is about two blocks from the cemetery where my parents are buried. Tello's funeral mass was at my childhood Catholic Church (and school). Very eerie.

Thanks! I've got a long drive tomorrow and this will be fascinating to listen to on the way.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Thanks! I've got a long drive tomorrow and this will be fascinating to listen to on the way.
    Just in case - here's more:

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/true-...uel-sheinbein/

https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/b...nbein-91910149

https://www.audacy.com/podcasts/beyo...bein-390767173

The coroner gave cause of death as strangulation.

it takes a lot of time and a lot of strength to strangle someone to death.

also, the women’s 10km world record holder, a Kenyan woman, was stabbed to death, presumably by her husband, who’s also missing. but so far I’ve only seen it reported in the bbc.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/58896494
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There was a guy here in the UK called Elliot Turner who murdered his 17 year old girlfriend, Emily Longley. His parents were convicted of Perverting The Course of Justice after helping to try and cover up for him by destroying evidence.
    Novice likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I hate parents who protect their criminal spawn. They are probably the kind of parents who have refused to let their little snowflakes face the consequences of their actions all their lives.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

There's reports that a backpack and human remains have been found where they were searching for the arsehole.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says

What appears to be human remains and items belonging to Brian Laundrie, including a backpack, have been found in the Carlton Reserve in North Port, Florida, according to FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael McPherson. Another one of the items found was a notebook belonging to Laundrie, who McPherson said was "a person of interest in the murder of Gabby Petito."
    The apparent remains were found in an area that has been under water until recently, he said.
    Follow live updates here
    A source close to the investigation told CNN that the apparent human remains "appear to have been there a while."
    The source said "based on the condition of the remains, it may take some time to officially identify. It is going to be a very thorough process with the medical examiner."
    North Port Police Spokesman Josh Taylor said the remains were found "about 2 to 3 miles inside the Carlton Reserve, or about a 45-minute walk" from the entrance at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.
    The FBI Tampa's Evidence Response Team is on the scene using "all available forensic resources" to process the area. According to McPherson, it's likely the team will be on the scene for several days.
    "I know you have a lot of questions, but we don't have all the answers yet," he said reading a statement for the media.
    Brian Laundrie's parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, were in the park when the discovery took place, family attorney Steve Bertolino said.
    "Chris and Roberta Laundrie were at the reserve earlier today when human remains and some of Brian's possessions were located in an area where they had initially advised law enforcement that Brian may be," Bertolino said. "Chris and Roberta will wait for the forensic identification of the human remains before making any additional comments."
    The discovery comes 37 days after Laundrie, the fiancé of Gabby Petito, was reportedly last seen by his parents.
    Earlier, the Sarasota County medical examiner and a cadaver dog were called to the park and aerial footage showed activity in the Carlton Reserve near the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where Laundrie's car was found parked in September.
    Laundrie's parents had informed the FBI and the North Port Police Department Tuesday night that they intended to come to the park on Wednesday morning to search for him, Bertolino said earlier. Law enforcement met them there Wednesday morning, he said.

A timeline of 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner was called to the scene, and the Pasco County Sheriff's office said a cadaver dog and two spotters were also on site. The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office Emergency Response Team and the Lee County Sheriff's Office were also now on scene along with a mobile unit.
    The discovery comes amid an exhaustive search for Laundrie that has now stretched over a month and as authorities try to piece together what happened to Petito.
    The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park is on 160 acres of heavily wooded land in North Port, Florida, with trails and a camping area. The park connects to the Carlton Reserve, a 25,000-acre nature reserve that has been the primary search location for investigators.
    Searchers had previously used swamp buggies, divers and airboats to scour the swampy terrain, but the area has dried out recently due to clearer weather.
    How we got here

Coroner confirms Gabby Petito death as a homicide 02:30

Petito, 22, and Laundrie, 23, traveled around the western US in a white van this summer, all while regularly posting photos and stories to their social media pages. Those posts abruptly stopped in late August, though, and Laundrie then returned by himself to their home in North Point, where they lived with his parents, on September 1.
    Petito's family, unable to get in contact with her, reported her missing 10 days later, launching a national search. Laundrie declined to cooperate with the investigation into her whereabouts, and soon after, he also went missing. His family told investigators they believed he had gone to a sprawling nature reserve nearby.
    Petito's remains were found in a national forest in Wyoming on September 19 near where the couple had last been seen together. Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue ruled her death a homicide and said that she died by manual strangulation.

Here's what we know about Brian Laundrie's disappearance

"We believe this was strangling by a human being," Blue told CNN's Anderson Cooper.
    Laundrie has not been explicitly connected to Petito's homicide, but he is the subject of a federal arrest warrant for unauthorized use of another person's debit card in the days after Petito last spoke with her family.
    Though their social media posts appear idyllic, their relationship was full of tension and conflict in recent months. Petito called her mom regularly, and those conversations appeared to reveal there was "more and more tension" in Petito's relationship, according to a police affidavit for a search warrant of an external hard drive found in the couple's van.
    In addition, the couple was involved in a domestic dispute and were stopped by police in August in Moab, Utah, after a 911 caller told dispatchers he saw a man hitting a woman, according to audio provided by the Grand County Sheriff's Office.
    In a report from Moab police, another witness told police he saw the couple arguing over a phone. The witness said that when Laundrie got into the van, Petito appeared to hit him in the arm and then climbed through the driver's side door as if he had locked her out, the report states.
    After interviewing Petito, Laundrie and the witness, the officers describe the incident as an argument that turned into a physical fight involving pushing and scratching.

CNN's Rebekah Riess, Steve Almasy, Rob Frehse, Madeline Holcombe and Jon Passantino contributed to this report.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/br...ito/index.html

I guess the morons in front of the Laundrie house will have to go back to their previous gig of harassing school board meetings and protesting masks and vaccines.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I guess the morons in front of the Laundrie house will have to go back to their previous gig of harassing school board meetings and protesting masks and vaccines.
    But first, Dog the Bounty Hunter will have to hold a press conference in front of the house.

Sad story all around, they should have had decades of life ahead of them.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

So can you crime sleuths explain what happened? Did he most likely commit suicide?

I think he killed her, hid the body, freaked out and went home. He told his parents and they lawyered up asap and gave him a head start. But, I think he knew that it was going to be prison time for him and he then killed himself. But, apparently the parents were helping authorities so maybe they won't get in as much trouble?
    o0Amber0o likes this.

^^^ Some legal person was saying tonight that you can't get in trouble helping a "person of interest" get out of town. I guess it's not the same as a fugitive or a terrorist.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information