Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Gabby Petito

Yeah, that dad sounds like a jerk who is controlling and possessive of his daughter. Calling all of her boyfriends by a female equivalent name is seriously toxic and shows that he's insecure. No one is bigger and better than daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    of course he's from long island

that interview with her dad is red flag after red flag of toxic masculinity. it's not hard to see how gabby would have ended up with an abuser, growing up with that. [/FONT][/FONT]
    He sounds kind of like DeNiro's character in "Meet the Parents". There is some scene where the daughter tells Ben Stiller that DeNiro only likes her boyfriends when they become EX boyfriends. I don't know how any self-aware guy wouldn't realize that this kind of parental behavior would condition your child to end up with an abuser.
    Kittylady likes this.

He does sound like a complete asshole in that interview.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

WTF is raw dogging that fool?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Talking of crazy…..
    Dog the Bounty Hunter speculates Brian Laundrie could be a serial killer

Dog the Bounty Hunter speculated in a new interview that Brian Laundrie — the sole person of interest in the death of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito — could be a “serial killer.”
    “I’m thinking more and more about him being maybe a serial killer — not just a killer of Gabby. The books he reads are unbelievable,” Dog, whose real name is Duane Chapman, told the Sun.

The 68-year-old celebrity TV star — who has been on the hunt for Laundrie, 23 — claimed to have uncovered the fugitive’s “demonic past” and his obsession with the “dark side,” according to the news outlet.
    He cited the kinds of disturbing books the couple had allegedly read.
    “A couple of the books that he’s been reading are 10 times worse than ‘Dungeon and Dragons.’ This kid, Brian, has taken those books obviously to heart. And this is what happens when your kid is looking at those kinds of things,” he told the Sun.

“He just overnight just didn’t become a killer. A killer is made, and he is built to be or she, a killer,” Chapman continued. “He built himself to be that by looking at that kind of, let’s say the dark side stuff. There are pictures of demons all over it.”

Dog the Bounty Hunter speculated in a new interview that Brian Laundrie — the sole person of interest in the death of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito — could be a “serial killer.”InstagramLaundrie once boasted about reading a book about a serial killer and wrote on Instagram that he and Petito had read the 2002 horror-satire novel “Lullaby” by Chuck Palahniuk, the news outlet reported.
    The 68-year-old celebrity TV star — who has been on the hunt for Laundrie, 23 — claimed to uncover the fugitive’s “demonic past” and his obsession with the “dark side.”William Farrington for NY Post“The f—- craziest out of all of Chuck’s books on my shelf, I can’t fathom how he must have written this one! I’d love to preach all of the insane twists and turns but all I can say is that I’ll never forget the name Rant Casey. Or Green Taylor Simms,” he wrote.
    Brian Laundrie is on the lam after the death of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito.Instagram
    “Me and my fiancé read this one out loud together and boy oh boy I can’t believe some of the stuff coming out of our mouths,” Laundrie added.
    Palahniuk’s novel is about a journalist who is writing an article about crib death when he notices a strange connection between babies’ deaths and those of his own wife and infant.
    The journalist, Carl Streator, finds out that his family had died after he read them a “culling song” from a book — then starts killing people over minor annoyances after he memorizes the rhyme.
    Online sleuths also came across some chilling posts by Laundrie in social media, including one from last year that featured an image of ghoulish figures with scythes.
    “Grim Reaper leading sheep to the slaughter,” he reportedly wrote.
    Meanwhile, Dog’s daughter Lyssa Chapman teased that “big news” would be released soon about the search for Laundrie.
    “I’m hoping tomorrow I’ll be able to share some BIG news with you guys,” she wrote Thursday, according to the Sun. “Having to stay tight-lipped for now … trust the process.”

"I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I've read a lot of books about serial killers. FYI I'm not a serial killer.
    Novice, czb and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

“He just overnight just didn’t become a killer. A killer is made, and he is built to be or she, a killer,” Chapman continued. “He built himself to be that by looking at that kind of, let’s say the dark side stuff. There are pictures of demons all over it.”

Couple things here: first off, there are plenty of people who just snap and kill . It's called a crime of passion. Secondly, 90% of what I watch or read is true crime; I haven't killed anyone or come close and I have an ex husband, so there is temptation . So, shove it up your ass, Dog.

Dog the Bounty Hunter doesn’t have license to detain Brian Laundrie in Florida

Dog the Bounty Hunter doesn’t have a license to capture fugitives in Florida and could potentially face kidnapping charges if he did manage to track down and detain Brian Laundrie, a professional bondsman told The Post on Friday.
    Duane “Dog” Chapman, 68, is currently in Florida — alongside hordes of law enforcement officials — trying to locate Gabby Petito’s fugitive boyfriend.

Despite the TV personality’s widely publicized manhunt for Laundrie, Florida has strict laws in place for people who want to go after fugitives.
    According to online records, Chapman doesn’t have the bail agent license that is required in the state.
    This means it could be risky for Chapman to personally try to catch Laundrie, according to professional bondsman Mike Harrison.
    “I don’t think he’s personally going to put handcuffs on anyone because that’d be kidnapping and false imprisonment,” Harrison, who runs Harrison Bail Bonds and is vice president of the Florida Bail Agents Association, told The Post.
    According to online records, Duane “Dog” Chapman doesn’t have the bail agent license required to capture Brian Laundrie in Florida.William Farrington“If he finds him, he’s going to have to call law enforcement.”
    It is illegal in Florida for people to represent themselves as “bounty hunters” after the term was removed from state legislation back in 2007.
    “There’s no such thing as a bounty hunter in Florida. You have to be a licensed bail agent, which he’s not. Or a law enforcement officer, which he is not,” Harrison said.
    “Obviously Dog is using this to help himself with publicity. He’s been doing this for a long time. He’s very good at what he does.”
    Harrison added: “He’s strictly here looking for the guy and hoping to draw some attention.”
    Dog the Bounty Hunter could potentially face kidnapping charges if he managed to track down and detain Brian Laundrie.InstagramChapman has never been a licensed bail agent in Florida, according to Harrison and online records, because anyone with a felony criminal history is prohibited from having such a license under state law.
    In 1976, Chapman was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to five years in a Texas prison. He had been waiting in a getaway car when he fatally shot a 69-year-old man in a fight over marijuana.
    Chapman’s spokesperson told The Post the bounty hunter is still “covered to apprehend multiple ways” if he came across Laundrie.
    Duane “Dog” Chapman was convicted of first-degree murder in 1976.Kypros via Getty Images
    “There is a warrant for Brian. Any citizen who sees him can detain him and turn him over,” the spokesperson said.
    “There also are licensed people working with Dog and also off-duty police.”
    The TV personality has been documenting his manhunt for Laundrie on his social media and even set up his own tip line that he says has resulted in more than 2,000 calls.
    Chapman also revealed this week he’d turned over evidence to authorities that he believes could prove Laundrie is in Florida’s Fort De Soto Park.
    Laundrie has been missing since Sept. 14, according to his parents, and has been the subject of a massive manhunt ever since.
    He is being sought for questioning in Petito’s disappearance and death after her body was discovered in Wyoming on Sept. 19 — nearly three weeks after Laundrie returned to the couple’s Florida home without her following a road trip.

pagesix.com

Florida cop says there’s a lot of ‘oddness’ in Brian Laundrie case

Florida cops acknowledged there's a lot of "oddness" when it comes to Brian Laundrie's case.The Moab Police Department via AP, File
    Florida cops said they tried to keep tabs on Brian Laundrie before he slipped away amid the probe into Gabby Petito’s disappearance — but acknowledged there’s a lot of “oddness” when it comes to his case.
    “We’ve said from the beginning there’s a lot of oddness here, a lot of things that just didn’t make sense,” North Port Police Department spokesman Josh Taylor told NewsNation.

“I mean, your son walks out there — now they’re saying on a Monday — to report that on a Friday and then be confused on what day that was,” Taylor said in an interview Friday. “There’s a lot of things that are odd there.”
    Laundrie, 23, disappeared from his family’s North Port home last month after his parents claimed he went for a hike at the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve, where authorities have been searching since Sept. 18.
    His parents Chris and Roberta Laundrie initially told cops that their son left the house on Sept. 14 — but they waited three days to report him missing despite the notoriety surrounding him.
    Last week, family attorney Steven Bertolino said in a statement that the Laundries had been mistaken and said Brian actually left the house on Sept. 13.
    Brian had been sought for questioning in Petito’s disappearance during the couple’s cross-country trip — but had lawyered up and refused to cooperate.
    Brian Laundrie disappeared from his family’s North Port home last month.InstagramBrian had returned home without his 22-year-old girlfriend on Sept. 1, nearly three weeks before Petito’s body was found at a Wyoming campground on Sept. 19.
    SEE ALSO

Brian Laundrie live updates: Chris Laundrie arrives at Florida park to join search

Police have since come under fire for letting Brian — the sole person of interest in the case — slip away. But Taylor insisted cops did what they could.
    “What I’ll say to that is that we were doing everything within the law that we could with the facts and the circumstances at that time,” he said. “What I’ll say is that that is … something that we’re working to figure out as far as how he got away.”
    Asked if he thought Laundrie was still alive, Taylor said, “It’s possible.”
    “I certainly think that it would not surprise me if he is,” he said. “It would not surprise me if he’s not.”

“I mean, your son walks out there — now they’re saying on a Monday — to report that on a Friday and then be confused on what day that was,” Taylor said in an interview Friday. “There’s a lot of things that are odd there.”
    Laundrie, 23, disappeared from his family’s North Port home last month after his parents claimed he went for a hike at the 25,000-acre Carlton Reserve, where authorities have been searching since Sept. 18.
    His parents Chris and Roberta Laundrie initially told cops that their son left the house on Sept. 14 — but they waited three days to report him missing despite the notoriety surrounding him.
    Last week, family attorney Steven Bertolino said in a statement that the Laundries had been mistaken and said Brian actually left the house on Sept. 13.
    Brian had been sought for questioning in Petito’s disappearance during the couple’s cross-country trip — but had lawyered up and refused to cooperate.
    Brian Laundrie disappeared from his family’s North Port home last month.InstagramBrian had returned home without his 22-year-old girlfriend on Sept. 1, nearly three weeks before Petito’s body was found at a Wyoming campground on Sept. 19.
    SEE ALSO

Brian Laundrie live updates: Chris Laundrie arrives at Florida park to join search

Police have since come under fire for letting Brian — the sole person of interest in the case — slip away. But Taylor insisted cops did what they could.
    “What I’ll say to that is that we were doing everything within the law that we could with the facts and the circumstances at that time,” he said. “What I’ll say is that that is … something that we’re working to figure out as far as how he got away.”
    Asked if he thought Laundrie was still alive, Taylor said, “It’s possible.”
    “I certainly think that it would not surprise me if he is,” he said. “It would not surprise me if he’s not.”

I think that kid is getting financial support from someone. The parents had a few days to come up with a plan to get him outta sight. I'm having a hard time believing law enforcement can't find him. A relative has to be siphoning money because there's no way he'd still be hiding.

I was talking to a co-worker about this case today, and I thought how stupid the parents were. I get they wanted to help their son, but what, is the kid going to be a fugitive for the rest of him life, always looking over his shoulder, wondering when the hammer's going to fall? What sort of existence is that? He should just turn himself in and do his time and depending on what his lawyers can do for him, he could be out in 20 years; he'd still be young.
    Kittylady and mostroop like this.

Yeah not sure all people are that logical when it comes to their kids being accused of murder. I'm pretty sure they just panicked and gave him a buttload of cash/survival supplies.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

^^^ It kind of reminds me of the Samuel Sheinbein case that was infamous out here around 1998, and led to an international incident. Basically, Sheinbein was a high school student who (along with another HS friend, Aaron) literally killed another student literally AS PRACTICE for killing someone else he intended to murder. Then, he and his friend dismembered the body and burned it and temporarily stored the remains in the garage of a nearby house that was for sale. The body was quickly discovered and police traced the crime back to Sheinbein's house.

Before Sheinbein could be arrested, though, Sheinbein's father arranged for him to flee the country and go to Israel - where Sheinbein's dad had been born. At the time, Israel refused to extradite Israeli "citizens" to other countries, and Sheinbein successfully used the loophole all the way through the Israeli Supreme Court. The law was later changed to prevent this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja;[URL="tel:3825747"
    3825747[/URL]]^^^ It kind of reminds me of the Samuel Sheinbein case that was infamous out here around 1998, and led to an international incident. Basically, Sheinbein was a high school student who (along with another HS friend, Aaron) literally killed another student literally AS PRACTICE for killing someone else he intended to murder. Then, he and his friend dismembered the body and burned it and temporarily stored the remains in the garage of a nearby house that was for sale. The body was quickly discovered and police traced the crime back to Sheinbein's house.

Before Sheinbein could be arrested, though, Sheinbein's father arranged for him to flee the country and go to Israel - where Sheinbein's dad had been born. At the time, Israel refused to extradite Israeli "citizens" to other countries, and Sheinbein successfully used the loophole all the way through the Israeli Supreme Court. The law was later changed to prevent this situation.
    That’s kind of down playing it! I googled & ended up on Wikipedia.

“Sheinbein was sentenced to 24 years in prison by an Israeli court in 1999. In 2014, he was killed in a shootout with Israeli police special forces in Rimonim Prison after he shot and wounded six officials and another prisoner with a gun that had been smuggled into the prison.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Sheinbein

wow i had never heard of that case. what a fucking little psycho and it sounds like the dad and brother weren't much better.
    Last edited by sputnik; October 12th, 2021 at 10:20 AM.
    MohandasKGanja, Novice and czb like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    That’s kind of down playing it! I googled & ended up on Wikipedia.

“Sheinbein was sentenced to 24 years in prison by an Israeli court in 1999. In 2014, he was killed in a shootout with Israeli police special forces in Rimonim Prison after he shot and wounded six officials and another prisoner with a gun that had been smuggled into the prison.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Sheinbein
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    wow i had never heard of that case. what a fucking little psycho and it sounds like the dad and brother weren't much better.
    Sputnik - it's a pretty amazing story. I left parts out and even Novice's description of the ending probably doesn't do justice to it. For example, Sheinbein was actually already on weekly furlough and was up for a full parole (which he was 100% going to get) a year after the gun battle in prison.

The initial murder was the one of the most pointless ever. Sheinbein actually wanted to kill another kid - a kid who was a rival for affection from a girl he had a crush on. But his friend, Aaron Needle, had been publicly embarrassed in front of a girl that Needle had a crush on. So, Sheinbein basically said, "I'll help you kill the guy you hate, if you help me kill the guy I hate". These kids grew up in Aspen Hill, which at the time, was a very nice upper-middle-class community.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information