Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Frantic 911 call leads to 3 missing women in Ohio

I don't think releasing the mugshots was the problem, the fact that they released all three brothers mugshots together is the problem. It obviously to make people believe that all three were involved.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He plead not guilty today.

Ariel Castro pleads not guilty in Cleveland kidnapping case

From Associated PressJune 12, 2013, 8:39 a.m.

CLEVELAND — A man accused of holding three women captive in his Cleveland home for about a decade pleaded not guilty Wednesday to hundreds of charges, including rape and kidnapping.

Ariel Castro
    is charged with kidnapping the three women and keeping them — sometimes restrained in chains — along with a 6-year-old girl he fathered with one of them.

Castro, 52, didn't speak during the arraignment, which lasted less than a minute. He stood motionless, dressed in an orange jail outfit, and looked toward the floor as the plea was entered.

The grand jury charged Castro with two counts of aggravated murder related to one act, saying he purposely caused the unlawful termination of one of the women's pregnancies. He also was indicted on 139 counts of rape, 177 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools.

The 142-page indictment covers only the period from August 2002, when the first victim disappeared, to February 2007. Prosecutors say the investigation will continue and they are leaving the door open to pursuing a death penalty case against Castro.

News that the women had been found alive electrified the Cleveland area, where two of the victims were household names after years of searches, publicity and vigils. But elation soon turned to shock as allegations about their treatment began to emerge.

The indictment against Castro alleges he repeatedly restrained the women, sometimes chaining them to a pole in a basement, to a bedroom heater or inside a van. It says one of the women tried to escape and he assaulted her with a vacuum cord around her neck.

Later, he moved them to upstairs rooms where they were kept as virtual prisoners, according to investigators.

All the while, Castro continued driving a school bus and playing bass in local bands, with fellow musicians saying they never suspected a thing. He was fired as a bus driver last fall after leaving his bus unattended for several hours.

Castro has been held on $8 million bail, which was continued. Last week he was taken off suicide prevention watch in jail. Cuyahoga County jail logs show him spending most of his time sleeping, lying on his bunk, watching TV and occasionally drawing.

Castro was arrested May 6, shortly after one of the women broke through a door and yelled to neighbors for help.

She told a police dispatcher in a dramatic 911 call: “Help me. I'm Amanda Berry. I've been kidnapped, and I've been missing for 10 years, and I'm, I'm here, I'm free now.”

The women — Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight — disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 16, 14 and 20 years old, respectively. Each said they had accepted a ride from Castro, who remained friends with DeJesus' family and even attended vigils over the years marking her disappearance.

The women haven't spoken publicly since their rescue.

Berry, 27, told officers that she was forced to give birth in a plastic pool in the house so it would be easier to clean up. Berry said she, her baby and the two other women had never been to a doctor during their captivity.

Knight, 32, said her five pregnancies ended after Castro starved her for at least two weeks and “repeatedly punched her in the stomach until she miscarried,” authorities said.

She also said Castro forced her to deliver Berry's baby under threat of death if the baby died. She said that when the newborn stopped breathing, she revived her through mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

The picture of Castro as a friendly musician began to erode soon after the women were freed, as family members told of a man who terrorized his common-law wife, beating her and locking her in an apartment and the same house where the women were later kept.

Castro's two brothers were arrested the same day but were released at a hearing a few days later after it was determined they weren't aware of the activities their brother is accused of. They denounced him in later interviews.

Ariel Castro pleads not guilty in Cleveland kidnapping case - latimes.com

Watch the video at the link, he's a nasty motherfucker. He has to steal woman, because most wouldn't have anything to do with him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Cleveland Kidnap Victims Break Silence Via YouTube Video - Freed women thank the public for support
    Cleveland Kidnap Victims Break Silence Via YouTube Video

Freed women thank the public for support

By the Associated Press

Posted Jul 9, 2013 1:55 AM CDT

(AP) – Two months after their dramatic rescue, three women held captive in a Cleveland home for a decade have issued a YouTube video in which they thank the public for the encouragement and financial support that is allowing them to restart their lives. Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight broke their public silence in the 3-minute, 30-second video. They said the support and prayers of family, friends, and the public is allowing them rebuild their lives after what Berry called "this entire ordeal." The women went missing separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16, and 20 years old.
    In the video, filmed July 2, Knight says she is building a "brand new life" after her ordeal. "I may have been through hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell with a smile on my face and my head held high," she says, reading from a prepared statement. "I will not let the situation define who I am. I will define the situation. I don't want to be consumed by hatred." DeJesus' parents thanked the public for donations to a fund set up to help the women. Her mother encouraged parents with missing loved ones to reach out for assistance. "Count on your neighbors," she said. "Don't be afraid to ask for the help because help is available." Click for more on their case. Thank You from Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle Knight - YouTube

'
    (YouTube)

Popular Video Galleries

Last edited by MmeVertigina; July 9th, 2013 at 05:33 AM. Reason: trying to embed video.
    Brookie likes this.

They all look wonderful, but I cannot imagine having to live their lives.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

That was wonderful. I'm all teared up. They look really good.
    shedevilang likes this.

fgg

he accepted a plea deal...life without parole plus 1,000 years!
    Brookie likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

That's good as is won't cost millions of dollars for a trial. Now hopefully the women will begin the healing process and not have to worry about reliving the nightmare by testifying at trial.
    Brookie and MmeVertigina like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I just got a local news blast on my phone that this Ass-hat Ariel Castro has committed suicide
    I can't find the story online yet -
    edit , found it
    Corrections official: Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro has committed suicide
    arielcastro1_20130801131901_JPG

Copyright Getty Images
    Regular Photo Size
    Advertisement
    alt alt alt alt
    ShareThis

Posted: 12:24 AM
    Last Updated: 5 minutes ago

(AP) - Corrections official: Ohio man who held 3 women captive for a decade has committed suicide

Read more: Corrections official: Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro has committed suicide
    Brookie likes this.

Yep I saw it on our local news. I guess it will help the girls heal, knowing that he's no longer in the world and not capable of hurting them or anyone else. But it's kind of a rip off that he wasn't made to suffer years and years of being held in a tiny room like he did to those girls.
    gas_chick likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Good riddance to this piece of shit. Save the taxpayers some $$ while he rots in hell.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I sure can't work myself up over this one. I'm guessing he was about to find out what it's like to be held prisoner, raped, beaten and forced to do things against your will. Suck it, Ariel Castro.

Cleveland kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro found hanged in prison cell, official says
    Kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro was found hanged in his jail cell just a month after being sentenced to life in prison plus 1,000 years for holding three women captive in his Cleveland home, a prison official said early Wednesday.
    Medical officials tried to revive the 53-year-old former school bus driver after he was discovered around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio, authorities said.

Since her rescue, Cleveland kidnap survivor Michelle Knight has chosen to speak publicly several times, which may be her way of bringing closure. On Wednesday, Ariel Castro's home was demolished, as neighbors prayed. NBC's John Yang reports.
    Castro was transported to Ohio State University Medical Center but was pronounced dead at 10.52 p.m.
    Authorities said a "thorough review of this incident is under way."
    He had been housed in protective custody, which means he was in a cell by himself, and guards make rounds every 30 minutes at staggered intervals, according to the Ohio Bureau of Prisons.
    The three women Castro kidnapped had disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old.
    His victims — Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight — escaped May 6 after Berry broke through a storm door while Castro was out of the house.
    "Help me," the 27-year-old Berry said in a 911 call. "I've been kidnapped, and I've been missing for 10 years and I'm, I'm here, I'm free now."
    The two other women were so scared of Castro that they held back initially even as police officers began to swarm the house. But quickly they realized they were free.

For the first time, Michelle Knight confronted the man who held her captive for 11 years, telling Ariel Castro she spent more than a decade in hell, and now "your hell is just beginning." Castro was sentenced to life in prison without parole, plus 1,000 years. NBC's Kate Snow reports.
    "You saved us! You saved us!" another of the captives, Michelle Knight, told an officer as she leaped into his arms.
    Castro was arrested later that day a short distance from the home.
    He was sentenced Aug. 1 to life in prison plus 1,000 years on his guilty plea to 937 counts including kidnapping, rape and a charge of aggravated murder under a fetal homicide law for a forced miscarriage.
    At the sentencing, Knight confronted Castro, reading a damning statement.
    "I spent 11 years in hell," the 32-year-old Knight told her tormentor. "Your hell is just beginning."
    In July, Knight thanked police and well-wishers in a handwritten note. "I am overwhelmed by the amount of thoughts, love & prayers expressed by complete strangers," she wrote. "Life is tough, but I'm tougher."
    In a memo filed ahead of Castro's sentencing hearing, Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy McGinty described him as "remorseless" and said he "serially abused them physically, emotionally, and sexually on a daily basis."

Prosecutors ask FBI special agent Andrew Burke to describe the pictures from inside Ariel Castro's Cleveland home, particularly the chains used on the three women he kept captive for a decade.
    According to McGinty's document, Castro lured Knight into his car in 2002 by promising her he would give her a puppy for her son. It also revealed the women were restrained with chains, fed one meal a day and allowed one or two cold showers a week.
    In his own statements at the sentencing, Castro put much of the blame on his victims. "I am not a violent person. I simply kept them there without being able to leave," he said. "These people are trying to paint me as a monster. I’m not a monster, I’m sick."
    Of the daughter he fathered with Berry who was born in captivity, Castro told the court: “She’ll probably say, ‘My daddy is the best daddy in the world.’ Because that’s how I tried to raise her in those six years. So she wouldn’t be traumatized or anything like that.”
    Castro's attorneys had tried unsuccessfully to have a psychological examination of Castro done at the Cuyahoga County Jail, where Castro was housed before he was turned over to state authorities following his conviction, his attorney, Jaye Schlachet, told The Associated Press early Wednesday. Schlachet said he could not immediately comment further.

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight release a thank you video to show their appreciation to all the people who have offered their support.
    In an interview last month after Castro's conviction, Schlachet and attorney Craig Weintraub said their client clearly fit the profile of sociopathic disorder and that they hoped researchers would study him for clues that could be used to stop other predators, the AP reported.
    McGinty, the prosecutor, had acknowledged after Castro's sentencing that a suicide note and confession written by Castro was found by authorities at his residence when they searched his home following his arrest in May.
    Castro's is the second high-profile suicide at an Ohio prison within the span of a month. On Aug. 4, death row inmate Billy Slagle was found hanged in his cell just days before his scheduled execution. He was condemned to death for fatally stabbing a neighbor in Cleveland.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

His final fuck you. Whatevs.

What a coward.
    McJag likes this.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

I think it's a good thing. They made a plea deal for life in prison with no parole instead of the death penalty to spare the girls of a trial. He gave himself the death penalty and the girls were spared of any further involvement. I'm sure there's a feeling of relief that he no longer walks this earth and can never get out or hurt them or anyone else again.
    Bluebonnet and Shinola like this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information