Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Frantic 911 call leads to 3 missing women in Ohio

Also Amanda Berry is expected to give her first press conference today.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

Apparently these women told the cops they were raped repeatedly and that they all got pregnant at times and that there were at least five miscarriages.

I absolutely believe the neighbors when they say they called the cops several times. The Cleveland police department doesn't have a great reputation. The cops are claiming there's no record of calls, but that just reeks of BS and covering their asses.

I can't even imagine the horror these women went through. It is just unspeakable to me.

"Dead Givewayy Oooo Dead Giveaway! My neighbor's got big testicles 'cause we see this dude every day!"

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Also Amanda Berry is expected to give her first press conference today.
    imo, it would be really odd for someone held captive to give a statement 10 seconds after being released from a decade long captivity. cnn just updated that she won't be giving a statement but the sister will.

Hero neighbor who saved kidnapped girls: give them reward money, I have a job

Yesterday we saw the amazing, sad but funny interview with Charles Ramsey, the Cleveland man who is being lauded as a hero for rescuing three kidnapped women and a child being held captive in his next door neighbor’s home. Ramsey described to a news crew how he kicked out the front door of the home belonging to his next door neighbor, Ariel Castro, after he heard a woman screaming and begging to get out. The woman came out with a young daughter and told him that she was trapped there, and that her name was Amanda Berry. It didn’t occur to Charles until he called 911 that Amanda Berry was the teenager who had gone missing a decade before. Amanda told Charles that there were other girls in the house (he didn’t say how many), and he was so shocked by the situation he didn’t think it was true. After cops went in “30, 40 deep” and found more women he called it “astonishing.” He said he’d known his neighbor for the year that he’d lived there, that he’d hung out and barbecued with him, and that he didn’t have a “clue” that anyone was being held hostage there.

The three women rescued are Amanda Berry, 27, who was abducted 10 years ago, Gina DeJesus, 23, who was abducted in 2004, and Michelle Knight, 32, who went missing in 2002. Berry’s six year old daughter was also rescued. The homeowner and alleged kidnapped Ariel Castro, 52, has been arrested along with two of his brothers.

Anderson Cooper did a follow-up interview with Ramsey (video at the link), and he explained in more detail how he rescued the women, what he saw at the house prior to this, and how he regrets not being able to save the women sooner. Ramsey opened the door with the help of another neighbor, Angel Cordoro, with whom Amanda went to separately to call 911. Ramsey is a colorful character and a true hero and he says that if there’s any reward money he wants it to go to the kidnapped women because he has a job:

On if he’s a heroNo, no, no. Bro, I’m a Christian, an American, and just like you. We bleed same blood, put our pants on the same way. It’s just that you got to put that – being a coward, and I don’t want to get in nobody’s business. You got to put that away for a minute.

On if he should get the reward moneyI tell you what you do, give [the reward] to them. Because if folks been following this case since last night, you been following me since last night, you know I got a job anyway. Just went picked it up, paycheck. What that address say? [...] 2203 Seymour. Where are them girls living? Right next door to this paycheck. So yes, take that reward and give it to—that little girl[.]

[CNN transcript via Gawker]

Thank goodness this guy stepped up. The thing that struck me about this interview is that you could tell that Ramsey feels bad that he wasn’t able to do something sooner. He said he saw two little girls playing in the backyard every day and that he assumed they were his neighbor’s grandchildren. What I want to know is, if there were two little girls where is the other little girl? I don’t want to think about it. Reports claim that the captive women suffered miscarriages due to extreme abuse and malnutrition, and that babies may have died as well. Cops and child protective services were called to Castro’s home by suspicious neighbors several times over the years, but authorities left when no one answered the door.

People Magazine put this rescue on their upcoming cover. They have quotes from neighbors and family of the kidnapper, who say they’re just as surprised as anyone to hear this. The Daily Mail has an interview with Castro’s son, who describes how secretive his father was and how parts of the home were locked off. There are plenty more details in this horrific story, which make me sick to my stomach to think about. For now we can focus on the fact that these women have been reunited with their families, thanks to a quick-thinking neighbor who was not afraid to step up.

http://www.celebitchy.com/296651/her...m_i_got_a_job/
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I love that man. So many men would have looked theother way.
    Wilson and Bluebonnet like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    "Dead Givewayy Oooo Dead Giveaway! My neighbor's got big testicles 'cause we see this dude every day!"

He should make a duet with Sweet Brown! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    He should make a duet with Sweet Brown! Lol
    They could call it "Aint Got No Time for that Dead Giveaway".

I lived in Cleveland from 2006-1995, and when this story broke, I knew I knew those girls' names. Someone from Cleveland posted this on FB....

That side of the building used to have the "We are all witnesses" with LeBron, this is way better.
    Wilson and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Charles Ramsey makes me proud to be from Cleveland.

I've had several conversations with my Mom over the years, that if you are black or brown in Cleveland, you are screwed if you need the police.

They have done several things over the past few years with the Sowell case and more recently where approximately 20 police cars circled in on a black couple and shot out the car.

I really hope this finally gets the attention needed to have the department investigated.

I love this guy and damnit but that remark about the reward money actually got me teary-eyed damn allergies
    Wilson, Kittylady and rockchick like this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I am getting hostile over the information the police are releasing. It is not necessary to report the details of what these poor women suffered. Enough will come out at trial. There is no need for the sensationalism they are creating. It will make it harder for these women to leave their homes knowing that everyone will look at them and know the details of their suffering. Nothing is being held private for them.

The stories from the neighbors may be about other women. The women found have said they were never in the backyard, naked, on leashes.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Did you guys see this story? What a mess this family is. And how are the brothers not being charged? How do you visit your brother and not know that he has three women and a child captive in his house?

Cleveland suspect's daughter in prison for slashing baby's throat

By Steve Almasy, CNN
    updated 9:38 AM EDT, Thu May 9, 2013

(CNN) -- The daughter of Ariel Castro, the primary suspect in the abduction of three women found alive this week, is serving a 25-year sentence in an Indiana prison for the attempted murder of her baby six years ago.
    Emily Castro was sentenced to 30 years with five years suspended. A judge found Castro guilty but mentally ill of cutting her 11-month-old daughter four times on the neck in April 2007.
    An appeal, filed in late 2008, was denied by an Indiana court.
    Legal documents state that on April 4, 2007, Castro, 19 at the time, was upset that her boyfriend -- the baby's father -- had moved out of the family's home in Fort Wayne. She took the baby into a garage and cut her neck four times with a knife.

Castro also cut her own neck and wrists.
    Inside Cleveland's house of horrors
    Police were summoned to the house by a passerby who came upon Castro's mother carrying the baby and running from the home. Officers found Castro covered in mud, water and blood. Castro told paramedics she had tried to drown herself in a creek, according to an appeals court decision document.
    The baby survived.
    According to the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, the defense argued at trial that Castro had suffered from mental depression and became paranoid, thinking her family was trying to kill her and the baby.
    The judge found that Castro still had the ability to know right from wrong.
    She and her brother Anthony spoke at her sentencing hearing, the Journal Gazette reported.
    "I don't know how this happened," said Castro. "I want you to know I am a very good mom."
    Anthony Castro said his sister was not an animal. The family had dealt with his sister's illness every day, he added.

Details have been coming out (I think from the suspect's grown son) that there were locked areas of the house that family were not allowed to go in like the basement and back bedrooms.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

this is one fucked up family.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm sure that just as he enjoyed seeing his comment in the paper about that useless dig/search for the girls' bodies etc., Castro also enjoyed having his family in the house, all unknowing. Guys like that get off on outsmarting other people and taking risks, proving to themselves in their own minds over and over how superior they are to everybody else, getting away with shit again and again.

I was wondering if those neighbors' stories were lies. Just didn't sound likely that Castro would have gone so far as to mistreat the girls outside in plain view. Maybe those neighbors wanted some of the attention Ramsey was getting, or they hate the police and want to get them in trouble, or they felt like people were pointing fingers at them for being clueless all those years. All of the above, even, who knows.

ETA: Like the Dugard/Garrido story, this all REALLY makes me wonder afresh about some of our Bay Area cases from the 80s-90s, girls who vanished and whose bodies have never been found--particularly Ilene Misheloff and Michaela Garecht. I can never forget about those girls. I always wonder, are they still out there somewhere, surviving in the clutches of some monster like Garrido or the Castro brothers?
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information