Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree570Likes

Thread: FIFTY Dead, 53 Injured by Shooter at Orlando Gay Bar

Me too.
    gas_chick and Kittylady like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I don't believe that genuine fervent religious beliefs factor into most of these events. It may feature as some tacked-on justification, but the thing that nearly all of these nutters have in common regardless of religion is a lack of connection to broader society which is combined with anger issues. They don't function successfully within society, and they don't have a sense of belonging to it. The stereotype of the disaffected loner exists for a reason. They don't tend to have genuine friendships. They don't have good jobs or can't keep a job due to a combination of a lack of education and personality issues, and they feel the lack of life/career/relationship success is deeply unfair. They don't accept responsibility for a situation and work to fix it; they blame failing to achieve that on something outside themselves.

When something goes wrong or it dawns on them that they aren't the successful person they felt that they deserved to be, instead of having a support system and dealing with things in a healthy way, all they have is rage and then they find the target that suits their needs. People lash out at families. School shooters lash out at peers, parents and teachers. Employees lash out at bosses and coworkers. Religious types lash out at "sinners." Racists and bigots lash out at whatever group they feel is responsible for the world's ills. Conspiritards lash out at government workers. Or people just find some crowd.

This particular failure claimed the act for ISIS, but that is just so much bullshit. It is only an attempt to come across as bad-ass instead of as the pathetic loser that he is. Now he can claim to be part of something bigger than himself. He can claim to belong to something. He's a terrorist. In his mind, he's important and he finally made a mark; he's not just an ordinary loser anymore.
    to say it with shed's words - this is some of the smartest shit i've ever read.
    Kittylady and Brookie like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

fgg

OMAR MATEEN
    Gay Rendezvous Evidence
    CAPTURED ON HOTEL SECURITY CAMERAS

Portions of Omar Mateen's alleged hookup with at least one gay man were captured on surveillance cameras at an Orlando hotel ... TMZ has learned.

Sources at the Ambassador Hotel tell TMZ, Mateen was seen on camera footage recorded December 14, 2015 around 11 PM. We're told the video bolsters the claims of the heavily disguised man who told Univision he met up with Mateen 15-20 times at the hotel between November and December.

Our sources say the video shows Mateen walk to the front desk, speak to a staffer and then walk around a corner toward the room where the anonymous man says he was staying during their rendezvous.

We're told management showed the video to staffers and asked if anyone recalled seeing Mateen. The only person who noticed him is a guy who works the night shift.

We're told the FBI went to the Ambassador Tuesday night and took a copy of the surveillance footage.

The Bureau wouldn't confirm, but the video could go a long way to figuring out if Mateen attacked a gay club as part of a twisted revenge plot.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Everything about this is so unnecessarily tragic... If the shooter was a self loathing gay man, I want to weep for that kind of rage & hate.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

He was quietly buried this week at a Muslim cemetary - and I heard on "Today" that someone is threatening to move their late wife away from his grave. Can't say that I blame him.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information