Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The FBI Is Investigating Scientology for Human Trafficking

Also reading the piece in the New Yorker on Paul Haggis.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Damn - they are stating they basically used "slave labor" of children to do work for Tom Cruise.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

YES! Get erdone!

Oh happy day! I hope they shut the Co$ down!!!!

You are ALL being very glib right now. The SP level in this thread is through the roof!

Next in line: the Catholic church.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

And the Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    You are ALL being very glib right now. The SP level in this thread is through the roof!
    SP? Whassat? thnx

fgg

SP=suppresive person AKA non-believer.

i was hoping the reporter on the today show was going to go farther than he did (at least during the part that i saw). he made it seem like people are unhappy with CO$ because they didn't get what they were promised not because it is a crazy cult. he also didn't say anything about the fact that members must spill all secrets which makes them afraid to leave when matt asked why certain A-listers are still involved in scientology.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ I'm guessing that they didn't mention that they send retrieval teams after anyone who does manage to make a break for it? Or that their RPF programme is nothing more than a prison camp?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

At the every least, even if no criminal charges are filed, they should remove the CO$ status as a church.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

No shit greys, see how long that place stays afloat when they start getting their own audits by the IRS.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

The Time Josh Brolin Watched John Travolta Heal Marlon Brando With His Scientology Powers

Lawrence Wright's 26-page expose on Scientology for The New Yorker has everything you want in a theatrical cunt gay drama including human-trafficking charges, Tommy Girl tantrums, slave beatings by the hand of David Miscavige, a game of musical chairs set to "Bohemian Rhapsody" and blackmail. Lawrence's piece focuses a lot on film director and former high-ranking Scientologist Paul Haggis who checked out of L. Ron's house because they pretty much hugged and supported California's Prop 8.

Paul and Lawrence both have serious stories and you should get into that shit if you've got the time. But the one I'm telling you now comes from Josh Brolin. Josh tiptoed into the barley water gutter for a few seconds in a moment of "real desperation." Josh quickly jumped out after he realizing that he prefers his CRAZY with a lot more fun. But Josh walked away with this gem:
    Brolin says that he once witnessed John Travolta practicing Scientology. Brolin was at a dinner party in Los Angeles with Travolta and Marlon Brando. Brando arrived with a cut on his leg, and explained that he had injured himself while helping a stranded motorist on the Pacific Coast Highway. He was in pain. Travolta offered to help, saying that he had just reached a new level in Scientology. Travolta touched Brando’s leg and Brando closed his eyes. “I watched this process going on—it was very physical,” Brolin recalls. “I was thinking, This is really fucking bizarre! Then, after ten minutes, Brando opens his eyes and says, ‘That really helped. I actually feel different!’ ” (Travolta, through a lawyer, called this account “pure fabrication.”)
    Err. Does Josh realize that he witnessed John Travolta give Marlon Brando a handjob? I'd call it "fucking bizarre" too, but I'd also called it a "fucking handjob" instead of "this process."

I guess nothing makes Thetans jump like jizz procured by the hand of a Travolta.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Also reading the piece in the New Yorker on Paul Haggis.
    I just read that tonight, it was very interesting. Scientology is such a major cult, even Paul Haggis admitted that at the end. It's pretty shocking how people are treated. I was more surprised at the allegations that Miscavige beats his employees.

Default Paul Haggis vs The Church of Scientology

Paul Haggis Vs. the Church of Scientology : The New Yorker

The article is 26 pages long (from The New Yorker) but fascinating!

Here is also an interview with Terry Gross on NPR by the author.

Fact-Checking The Church Of Scientology: Journalist Lawrence Wright : NPR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information