Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Family cleared in JonBenet Ramsey's death

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I always thought the brother killed her, and the parents covered it up.

I just got the impression that every ounce of attention went to her, and the son ceased to exist to them. Having that happen for a few years, probably gave the brother a decent amount of hatred toward her. One day, something happened that sent him over the edge, and he killed her.
    I think the same, too.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    You have to ask yourself:

Why would an intruder, who had killed a child inside her own home and stowed her away in a far away basement room, take the time to write a three page ransom note, after practicing first, trying to make it look like a kidnapping?

Why would a stranger try to divert attention away from what had really happened to the JonBenet, when his best bet would be to just get the hell out of there?

Why didn't the intruder get the hell out of there? How did he have so much time to wander around trying to find pen and paper, in a huge 5,000 sq. ft. house no less, and then spend so much time actually writing the note? Why did he feel so secure doing that?

The only way the ransom note makes sense is in the context of "staging", wherein a perpetrator tries to make a crime scene look like something other than what it actually is. An intruder would not have the motive to do such a thing. The only thing the ransom note accomplished is to waste valuable investigative time and to introduce the idea of an intruder. Without the ransom note the focus would have been on the family from the outset and they would not have been allowed to wander the house looking for the body and contaminating the scene.

Well said. The scenario never made sense. Assuming it was a non-family intruder, there were 3 plausible scenarios.

1) A plan to kidnap Jon-Benet and ask for ransom. In this case, the note would've been written ahead of time, not during the course of the actual kidnapping. That would've just been too risky. The longer the intruder was in the house, the more likely he would be caught. Let's say the kidnapping went bad and in trying to abduct her, she was killed. The intruder would've just gotten the hell out of there and wouldn't have left a note.

2) A pedophile with an intention to abduct Jon-Benet and take her somewhere to abuse her. No ransom intention so no note. In this scenario JB would've been killed during the abduction and left there and the killer would've bolted.

3) A rival pageant mom who staged the scene to look like a sexual assualt gone bad. Again, no note needed.

It's beyond my comprehension that the police could not think there is something bizarre about this ransom note issue. It just doesn't fit.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i find the family culpable even still.

A neighbour said they heard Jonbenet scream from the house. Patsy and John DID NOT although they were in the house while their daughter was being murdered by a stranger who'd pulled her out of her bed - not at all worried she'd scream bloody murder. Yeah, right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The Boulder PD isn't having it:

In a statement released by Chief Mark Beckner on Wednesday, he called the DNA that Lacy used as evidence to eliminate the Ramseys “a significant finding.” But he didn’t echo or acknowledge Lacy’s opinion or issue a similar apology. He declined all further comment.

But experts also said the letter — and subsequent exoneration — wouldn’t prevent prosecutors from ever trying a member of the Ramsey family. If there was enough evidence to support bringing murder charges against them, Lacy’s letter alone wouldn’t be enough to raise reasonable doubt.

“Public announcements don’t control the outcomes of a trial,” said Trip DeMuth, a former Boulder prosecutor who worked on the Ramsey case. “I am not in the camp that believes that a public announcement of innocence makes it impossible to change your mind later.”
    Daily Camera

Whoever did it, it couldn't have been the brother. JonBenet was sexually assaulted and strangled with a garotte. This page has some interesting info, and the page before it has info about how she was killed. There was a footprint that was never identified, and a pubic hair that didn't belong to any of the family. JonBenét Ramsey murder case, an investigative analysis - Crime Library on truTV.com

Elite Member

I agree. I think either the brother was molesting her and accidentally killed her with the garrotte, or Mama caught him at it, swung at brother and hit JonBenet. Mama wrote the long rambling ransome note in the kitchen on the pad on the counter using pens from the drawer. What kidnapper stops to do that after having killed the kid in the house? Wouldn't the 'kidnapper' be more interested in getting out of the house as fast as possible?

The case really is a headache, it was so screwed up from the start. And no one could ever figure out what came first; blow to the head, or strangulation. I do remember seeing a doco though where they said Jonbenet's fingernail marks were on her own neck; poor little darling had tried to scratch at the cord. So she was alive during the strangulation; in that case, it wasn't an 'accidental' death.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    The case really is a headache, it was so screwed up from the start. And no one could ever figure out what came first; blow to the head, or strangulation. I do remember seeing a doco though where they said Jonbenet's fingernail marks were on her own neck; poor little darling had tried to scratch at the cord. So she was alive during the strangulation; in that case, it wasn't an 'accidental' death.
    It seemed to me that everything the Ramsey's did tended to obscure and obstruct. Everything in the case became convoluted.

JonBenet was definitely strangled first. The blow to her head produced so little blood (less than a teaspoon, iirc) that she had to be dead or near death when it occurred. Blood stops flowing at death and doesn't splatter like it would if the victim is alive. And the injury to that poor child's head was massive.

^Great point, i had read something like that but didn't know exactly so i didn't say anything. The question then is; 'Why the blow to the head if she was already dead?'
    It's just such a bizarre case.
    Oh, and what about everything the killer used was already in the house; geez, how unprepared was this person! He just walked in hoping to find cord, a paintbrush to tighten the cord; which was odd to me too; its easy to strangle someone with cord alone; why was the paintbrush used to tighten the cord? It reminded me of some sicko sexual device where you pull and release the person.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

its sick. i always thought patsy got what she deserved when she died.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

3) A rival pageant mom who staged the scene to look like a sexual assualt gone bad. Again, no note needed.
    Heee! After reading the vitriol on the pageant boards I'd buy that scenario!

I've always thought that perhaps the mother found the father in the middle of sexually assaulting JonBenet and swung at him with the nearest heavy object and accidentally hit the kid killing her. Momma and Daddy frantically swing into action to make it look like some twisted lunatic broke into the house to kidnap the child and killed her instead. They surely behaved in the strangest manner I've seen for the parents of a child murdered.

KD
    Elite Member

Meh. I know I am in the minority but I think the parents are innocent. Of her murder anyway. I truely, sincerely hope they find out who killed her. And soon.

Isn't it just the strangest thing that the amount of money asked for in the ransom note, was the exact same amount that JonBenet's father got paid as a bonus? How would the killer have known that? It's so weird.

Yes, a complete mystery.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information