Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Family cleared in JonBenet Ramsey's death

I have always thought the family knows something here...

The detectives fucked up royally during their investigation in the house BUT did say whoever committed this crime had to have extensive knowledge of the set up of this home/how it was set up since it was kind of windy/or the layout was odd.
    Pagaent parents...ick.
    And the other crazy thing: WHY a ransom note if she was found dead? Don't people usually kidnap in those circumstances?
    The thing about this case that always creeps me the fuck out is the picture of the kitchen table with the pineapples or something... two cups or something.
    One of Jon-Bonet and one for someone else. Nobody has ever come forward to say who the other person was eating/drinking with her that night.
    The parents said they didn't do it but I think the bro's DNA showed up on the cup?
    And when they did her autopsy, they found pineapples in her stomach.

Makes my skin crawl.

Somebody fucking knows something.
    Last edited by cmmdee; July 17th, 2008 at 03:32 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Report: Colorado grand jury indicted JonBenet Ramsey's parents in 1999

In 1999, the district attorney in Boulder Colorado made the decision that there was not enough evidence to file charges against anyone in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, but members of the grand jury in the case are now revealing they voted to indict Ramsey's parents. NBC's Erica Hill reports.
    By Daniel Arkin, Staff Writer, NBC News
    A Colorado grand jury voted to indict the parents of slain child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey more than 13 years ago, but prosecutors reportedly refused to go forward on the case, according to the Boulder Daily Camera newspaper.

The grand jury voted in 1999 to indict John and Patsy Ramsey on charges of child abuse resulting in death, three years after their 6-year-old daughter was bludgeoned and strangled in the basement of her family's house on Christmas Day.
    But former Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter declined to sign the indictment, believing he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, the Daily Camera reported.

"I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant the filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time," Hunter told reporters in October 1999.
    "Child abuse resulting in death" is a Class II felony punishable by up to 48 years in prison, according to the Daily Camera.
    "We didn't know who did what," a juror told the Daily Camera on the condition of anonymity. "[B]ut we feel the adults in the house may have done something that they certainly could have prevented, or they could have helped her, and they didn't."

Patsy Ramsey and her husband, John Ramsey (R), produce a picture of Jon-Benet Ramsey during a press conference in Atlanta where they released the results of an independant lie detector test, May 24. The Ramsey's appeared with their attorneys and the officials who administered the test who stated that the parents had no knowledge of who killed their daughter in Boulder,Colorado. TLC/LSD - RTR4MN7

Hunter, who left his post in 2008 after 28 years as district attorney, declined to discuss the grand jury's decision, according to the Daily Camera.
    But in a 2001 interview with NBC News, Hunter said he had no regrets about his decision not to charge anyone.
    "I have enough people that I respect that have said to me, 'You know, you made a tough call, you made a call the public didn't like. But you were true to the law, you were a good prosecutor, and that's plenty for me.'"
    Lin Wood, John Ramsey's attorney, backed up Hunter's decision in a statement to NBC News.
    "The DNA tests performed after the time of the Boulder grand jury not only prove the Ramseys to be innocent and the grand jury wrong, they also make D.A. Alex Hunter a hero who wisely avoided the miscarriage of justice," Wood said.
    Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer in 2006. The couple and their older son, Burke Ramsey, were exonerated in the case in July 2008, even though they were never formally charged in connection with JonBenet's death.
    "To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry," former Boulder County District Attorney Marcy Lacy wrote in a letter to John Ramsey in 2008. "No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion."
    ~~

I suspected at the time that the GJ indicted the Ramsey's but the DA refused to move forward.

Based on that article, it sounds like the DA made the right call. The grand jury member's reasoning that the Ramsey's should be indicted because, erm, something happened, we don't know what, but something, and um, they were there, is ludicrous.

This girl will never rest in peace. It's very sad to know someone has gotten away with her murder. I can't believe she would have been 22 now

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Based on that article, it sounds like the DA made the right call. The grand jury member's reasoning that the Ramsey's should be indicted because, erm, something happened, we don't know what, but something, and um, they were there, is ludicrous.

Clearing the family was as spurious as not going forward with the indictment. All the 'foreign' DNA in her underwear has proven is that there is an additional suspect to contend with. All of the other evidence still points to the Ramsey's, and only the Ramsey's, staging the scene, wiping down her body, writing the ransom note, and being the parents of a dead child whose body showed definitive signs of being chronically sexually abused, which BTW isn't a theory--it's in the autopsy report.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    a dead child whose body showed definitive signs of being chronically sexually abused, which BTW isn't a theory--it's in the autopsy report.
    I just re-skimmed the autopsy report and I didn't see where it spelled out evidence of chronic sexual abuse, but I may have missed it on the quick read. Could you point me to where you read it? I see where it describes that she suffered a sexual attack at the time of death, but I don't see anything that's hinting at prior abuse. Unless experts have taken it since then and theorized on certain measurements.

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/intera...ey_autopsy.pdf
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

the proverbial grand jury/ham sandwhich.
    Laurent likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Oh for petes sake! Now everyone will make hash of that poor family again on zero evidence. They are cleared finally.
    Whoever did at waited in the house for hours and was a practiced sexual sadist. We have his DNA.
    I feel so sorry for her poor brother who was 9 at the time. And her father. Sick.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    the proverbial grand jury/ham sandwich.
    You're not just being rye, WCG. Letus hope that future grand juries can cut the mustard and practice more discretion.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

Now I want Subway.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I actually made an awesome ham sandwich for lunch with spicy mustard.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The Ramseys dodged a serious bullet there, I'd bet it'd have been difficult to find a jury that wouldn't convict them at the time.

I had a subway for lunch today, I had turkey on honey oat bread. It was immense.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh for petes sake! Now everyone will make hash of that poor family again on zero evidence. They are cleared finally.
    Whoever did at waited in the house for hours and was a practiced sexual sadist. We have his DNA.
    I feel so sorry for her poor brother who was 9 at the time. And her father. Sick.

Patsey did it. The DNA had no relationship to the crime, it was old, decayed, and probably came from the factory where the underwear were made.

There was no sexual sadist, no intruder, no stranger in that house. It was a family crime.

Anyone who has looked at the case seriously, who wasn't paid by the Ramsey's, came away with the same prognosis = Patsy killed Jonbenet. She didn't do it maliciously, it was an accident, but the insane cover up was all Patsy.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information