Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

I agree. But Patriots Day is really a New England thing, no one else celebrates it and barely remember what it is.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Watching the FBI presser, the atf guy said unequivocally no other bombs found, just lots of suspicious packages.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I am thankful it was not worse and that so many reached out to help others. As a child I remember watching the news and being shocked that people were bombing each other on the streets in Ireland and England over religion. I was comforted that horrendous acts like that would not happen here. Now I have become desensitized. I was not shocked by the events at the marathon. I feel for the victims but I am angry at all the inappropriate reporting that further added to the drama. I am thankful for social media that got word out quickly, allowed family members to connect and may have recorded evidence that will lead to the arrest and conviction of the addhole(s) who did this. I am saddened by the tweets and FaceBook posts of people trying to get attention for themselves even though they were not near the explosion at all. I am just feeling a whole mixed bag of emotions over this one.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

LOL

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Stupid Fauxnews just kept on and on about it being Al Qaeda with no thought that it could be domestic. IMO all they do is try to get crazed tea baggers ready to deport/kill anyone that is Muslim because it must be them. Ughhhhhhhh!!!!

The media is just too much sometimes.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't think it's foreign at all. This is homegrown shit right here.

I also wonder about the woman in the blue shirt.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I think it's homegrown too.

I can't believe a news station can get away with saying the stuff Fox News do!

I am thinking homegrown,too. I hope they can make an arrest soon. I hate the wait,but there really is a lot to figure out.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

No pun intended, I hope.
    sluce and McJag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I don't think it's foreign at all. This is homegrown shit right here.

I also wonder about the woman in the blue shirt.
    I think she is dead. The reason is, if I heard the Carlos Arredondo interview correctly, when he is talking about tending to the guy with no legs while he was on the ground, he says that two ladies next to him were "totally gone. You can see him talking about it here, at the 1:44 point. Cowboy Hat-Wearing Hero of Boston Bombings Is Famed Peace Activist.

By the way, I'm worried that Carlos has some pretty bad Parkinson's Disease, from looking at his hands. I don't think it's nervousness or delayed trauma.

ETA - about the 8-year-old boy (I have my own, and I am just numb thinking about what this family is going through right now):

8-Year-Old Boy Killed In The Boston Blasts Has Been Identified

S
    EXPAND
    That's according to the Boston Globe:
    ads not by this site

The bombing claimed the life of Martin Richard, an eight-year-old boy from Dorchester whose mother and sister were grievously injured. He was the son of Bill Richard, a community leader from Dorchester’s Ashmont neighborhood, officials said.
    Television station WHDH said Martin's mother and sister are in the hospital. The mother had surgery for a brain injury the station described as "serious." The sister, who is six years old, lost one of her legs. The family was there to watch Bill Richard finish the race.

NBC says he was not running in this race and was with his family. Just tragic.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Injury toll is up to 176. With about 50 serious to critical.

shedevilang and Waterslide like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Ezra Klein focuses on the response to the tragedy:
    If you are losing faith in human nature today, watch what happens in the aftermath of an attack on the Boston Marathon. The flood of donations crashed the Red Cross’s Web site. The organization tweeted that its blood supplies are already full. People are lining up outside of Tufts Medical Center to try and help. Runners are already vowing to be at marathons in the coming weeks and months.
    Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    .... the Oklahoma City Bombing (April 19, 1995), the Waco assault (April 19, 1993), the Columbine School Shooting (April 20, 1999), and the Virginia Tech massacre (April 16, 2007), for starters. Two of those tragedies—the Virginia Tech massacre and the Waco assault—were on Monday, the Patriot's Day of those years.
    Columbine was meant to be on the 19th, which was a Monday, to coincide with the anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing (not the 20th, Hitler's birthday, like some people say). The only reason it was pushed back a day is because they didn't get ammo in time.

Those pictures are breaking my heart.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information