Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Photos of the Boston Marathon Bombing - In Focus - The Atlantic

^^ There's a very graphic photo at that link.
    If anyone is wondering what the guy in the cowboy hat is doing, he's holding and pinching off a major blood vessel so the guy doesn't bleed out.

Other pictures for those with strong stomachs.
    http://i.imgur.com/I5LY4w9.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kkJnjib.png

Edit: or a tourniquet. There's some sort of argument about what that actually is.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; April 15th, 2013 at 10:18 PM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That is amazing.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The guy in the cowboy hat is a hero tonight. That one runner's leg is, well I don't have any words for it. How devastating for him.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A*O

I believe the victims were bystanders and spectators, not runners. This is what I mean about misleading reporting.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Story of the man in the cowboy hat.

The man in the cowboys hat is Carlos Arredondo. He is an immigrant citizen of the U.S. who lost his son in Iraq and is now a peace activist and speaker. When the explosions happened, you can see that he did not hesitate to run towards the chaos and help, obviously trying to get this poor man out of there and to hold a tourniquet on one of his severed legs. Later, he was being interviewed, visibly shaking from shock and holding an American flag, soaked in the blood of other people. Carlos Arredondo’s selflessness and bravery should be known and applauded.”

This came from facebook.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    CNN is saying 6 kids being treated at Children's, a couple of them are very serious.
    Up to 8 kids, plus the one who died at the scene.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

The man in the cowboys hat is Carlos Arredondo. He is an immigrant citizen of the U.S. who lost his son in Iraq and is now a peace activist and speaker. When the explosions happened, you can see that he did not hesitate to run towards the chaos and help, obviously trying to get this poor man out of there and to hold a tourniquet on one of his severed legs. Later, he was being interviewed, visibly shaking from shock and holding an American flag, soaked in the blood of other people. Carlos Arredondo’s selflessness and bravery should be known and applauded.”

This came from facebook.
    its stories like these that help us remember that there is still hope for the human race.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    If anyone is wondering what the guy in the cowboy hat is doing, he's holding and pinching off a major blood vessel so the guy doesn't bleed out.

Edit: or a tourniquet. There's some sort of argument about what that actually is.
    Thank you for posting that, twitchy. Those pictures really tell a story.

Looking at those photos, I didn't realize the man had lost both of his legs - one was more than enough. But the first time I saw the photo, I thought it was just someone trying to help, kind of telling the guy it would be OK, or that maybe it was his dad or uncle or brother or something. I didn't even realize he was holding either a vein or tourniquet. Usually, in an ideal situation, I think the EMTs will clamp it off, but when you don't have a clamp, you make do.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

This came from facebook.
    Thanks for the info on that, louis. I wondered about him. I had seen that he had soldier pins on his shirt, but didn't realize they were his son.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I am absolutely speechless. I feel like I have been so desensitized due to all the recent tragic events that have been happening in our world. I hate to sound like a horrible person, but even the Newton shootings didn't move me that much. With all the shootings that had been happening, I just remember thinking, "Oh, that's sad", and then just moving on with my life. But enough is enough. This makes me want to cry. When will all this seemingly endless violence and terror stop? I just can't imagine the absolute devastation these people must be feeling. They wake up pumped to run one of the biggest marathons in the country, and instead of celebrating their victory, they are greeted terror and chaos. I just have no words.

IKR? I was just remarking to the husband about how its been way too many times that I've stayed up all night unable to tear myself away from CNN because of some godawful tragedy.
    shedevilang likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Not sure if these (NSFL) links will work either, but the guy who was on the wheelchair is shown before they treated him:
    http://nfassets.org/prev/gallery/164...-5ed73508.jpeg

Most of the people here seem to be the ones right next to the bomb and have the worst leg injuries. In the background, there is a shot of a first responder with his arm around a little boy who appears to be standing and not badly injured:
    http://newsfilter.org/media/gallery/164872/AgMs1O9.jpeg

http://newsfilter.org/media/gallery/164872/boston1.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I wonder if the young woman in the blue shirt is the one who didn't survive.

This is such a horrible, senseless tragedy. I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would want to hurt innocent people like this.
    "You should've never trusted Hollywood..."

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Hopefully, they're not just focusing on him based on his nationality, but because they have a valid reason...
    What was reported in my area was that this man was seen acting strange prior to the explosions - enough so that someone was watching him and then saw him and tackled him after the explosions.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I hate this so much.

But right now, a very cute jewish surgeon is giving an update to CNN from one of the hospitals.

ETA: Fuck this is pissing me off. The doctor is saying they've been pulling a lot of ball bearings out of victims, which means that whoever did this planned for maximum shrapnel damage.
    Yeah, I saw one guy talking about being in the area during the explosion and talking about pulling what looked to be shotgun bbs out of his pocket afterwards. This was done with the intention to cause as much damage as possible.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot-N-Bali View Post
    This is such a horrible, senseless tragedy. I can't wrap my mind around why anyone would want to hurt innocent people like this.
    They are pure evil. There is no making sense of it.

On the way to the gym this morning, HLN was saying that police found two unexploded bombs nearby. Not sure if that was mentioned in this thread. That many devices is usually the hallmark of an Al Qaeda attack, but the historical significance of yesterday (Patriot's Day) and attacks that have occurred on this day still makes me thing that it was a homegrown group. From Slate:

.... the Oklahoma City Bombing (April 19, 1995), the Waco assault (April 19, 1993), the Columbine School Shooting (April 20, 1999), and the Virginia Tech massacre (April 16, 2007), for starters. Two of those tragedies—the Virginia Tech massacre and the Waco assault—were on Monday, the Patriot's Day of those years.
    Bluebonnet and dilligaf like this.

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread Information