Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Elite Member

I wonder how the penalty phase will go. I know that for a death penalty case they do not include people on the jury who say they could not vote for death due to their opposition to capital punishment. Can Judy Clarke muster enough sympathy for this defendant? I doubt it.

FWIW, I'm opposed to the death penalty and happy that Massachusetts got rid of it, but if I did support it this guy would be a prime candidate. Too bad he didn't off himself. I don't feel sympathy for him, just sorrow that he couldn't see beyond his own hate, and that pissed away the opportunities he had and did so much harm to others.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Elite Member

On a slightly related note, I am surprised it's taking the jury in the Aaron Hernandez case so long to deliberate.

But he's a Patriot! He couldn't have done anything wrong.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    "The Patriot roster is the last refuge of a scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson
    levitt and BBDSP like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I'm not a football fan so I tend to regard the Patriots with a side eye. When they signed Hernandez, the Pats knew he had a troubled past but in their arrogance they thought the 'Patriot way' or whatever they call it would reshape his character. That's Patriots-style arrogance right there. (Please don't tell my husband I said any of this.)

I'm a football fan and I tend to regard the Patriots with a side eye, so you're not alone there.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Me too. As much as I don't like Ndamukong Suh, I'll enjoy watching him knock Brady on his ass.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

US & Canada
    Boston bombing: Parents of youngest victim oppose execution

The Richard Family before the bombing. Martin, 8, seen un-obscured, died in the attack

Bill and Denise Richard's eight-year-old son was one of three people killed in the explosions in April 2013.The parents of youngest victim in the Boston marathon bombing have called on federal authorities to drop the death penalty as a possible punishment for bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

The Richards said an execution sentence "could bring years of appeals and prolong reliving the most painful day of our lives."
    Tsarnaev was convicted last week.
    The Richards made their plea in a front-page piecein the Boston Globe on Friday.
    "We are in favour of and would support the Department of Justice in taking the death penalty off the table in exchange for the defendant spending the rest of his life in prison without any possibility of release and waiving all of his rights to appeal," they wrote.
    The Richards were injured in the attack and their daughter, Jane, lost one of her legs in one of the explosions.
    "The defendant murdered our 8-year-old son, maimed our 7-year-old daughter, and stole part of our soul. We know that the government has its reasons for seeking the death penalty, but the continued pursuit of that punishment could bring years of appeals and prolong reliving the most painful day of our lives," they said.

The Richard family alongside Boston Mayor Marty Walsh at a ceremony marking two years since the attackThroughout the piece, the Richards never mention Tsarnaev by name, electing instead to refer to him as "the defendant".
    "I care deeply about their views and the views of the other victims and survivors," US Attorney for Boston, Carmen Ortiz, said. She refused to go into specifics.
    Families of other victims have expressed support for the death penalty.
    The court will begin the penalty phase of the trial on Tuesday, one day after this year's Boston Marathon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32359044
    witchcurlgirl and levitt like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Boston Marathon Bomber

See You In Hell

5 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

breaking news

It's death for Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev ... a jury has ruled.
    Tsarnaev appeared in a Boston courthouse ... where the sentence was read in front of several survivors.
    According to witnesses inside the courtroom, Tsarnaev showed no emotion as the sentence was read.
    The judge has thanked the jurors for their service.
    Dzhokhar and his brother were responsible for the blast on April 15th 2013 ... which killed 4 people and injured several others.
    He was previously convicted on 30 criminal counts stemming from the blast.

Read more: Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Death. I'm generally not too bloodthirsty anymore, but if anyone needs the needle, this fucker does.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

The curse of the Rolling Stone cover!TM

2015 All rights reserved, MohandasKGanja.

Elite Member

Fry him.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Elite Member

I don't believe in the death penalty, but...damn, it is hard to feel anything for this kid. He really is just a cipher--it's hard to create a story in my head to explain why he broke bad or to believe that underneath it all he's a good person. Or, if he is a good person underneath it all, then how could he do something so brutal to others? After all this time I still don't have any feeling for what the fuck happened to him or whether he has changed in any way. It just makes me sick that he chose to do horrible things and now is going to be executed when so many people saw something good and promising in him before.

The death penalty means nothing. They're right, just years of appeals and drawing out the entire process.

I might consider it if they actually carried it out in a timely fashion. 2-3 yrs of appeals after that, just do it. Or don't do it at all.
    Kathie_Moffett and holly like this.

A*O

The Chinese have the right idea - go to court, found guilty, no appeal, firing squad, bang, gone. All over in 10 minutes. Then they recycle/sell a few useful organs.

The problem with this fucker is that he already thinks he's some kind of glorious martyr and this will simply confirm it in his mind and, more worryingly, other jihadi nutters planning similar atrocities.
    holly likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information