Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758 LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    what a family

Yea,...it is scary.

Boston Marathon Bombing Jury Ends First Day of Deliberations Without Verdict

Jurors to resume weighing the fate of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on Wednesday

Members of the legal defense team for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev—including David Bruck (from left), Miriam Conrad, Judy Clarke and William Fick—arrive at a Boston courthouse on the first day of jury deliberations in the case on Tuesday, April 7, 2015. PHOTO: SCOTT EISEN/GETTY IMAGES

BOSTON—A federal jury deciding the fate of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the Boston Marathon bombing trial went home after the first day of deliberations Tuesday without reaching a verdict.
    The panel of seven women and five men, who are sorting through 30 charges after 16 days of testimony, will resume their deliberations on Wednesday.
    Mr. Tsarnaev’s lawyers have admitted his culpability in the deadly April 2013 attack, as well as in the murder of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus police officer during the manhunt after the bombings.
    Still, legal experts said it is not surprising that jurors would take time to consider lengthy instructions from the judge and multiple charges related to terrorism, murder, conspiracy, and weapons. The jurors also heard days of graphic testimony that brought some to tears.
    “Jurors want to talk about the case,” said Michael Kendall, a former federal prosecutor who is now a partner at McDermott Will & Emery LLP in Boston. “This is an emotional event for the jurors, and they will need to share it with the people who understand their experience best.”
    If convicted, the same jury would decide if Mr. Tsarnaev is sentenced to death or life in prison without parole.
    Defense attorney Judy Clarke called Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s role “inexcusable” and said he was ready to be held responsible for his actions.Mr. Tsarnaev, 21 years old, has pleaded not guilty to all the charges. But his lawyers admitted at the trial’s start and closing that their client fully participated in the attack with his 26-year-old brother, Tamerlan.
    Still, she argued that Tamerlan was the ringleader, while Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, at a vulnerable point in his life, followed along. Tamerlan was killed during a confrontation with police days after the bombings.
    The defense likely was already trying to present potential mitigating factors that might keep the jury from voting for the death penalty if there is a conviction.
    On Tuesday, survivors, families and others affected by the bombings waited for a verdict at the courthouse. In the nearly two years since the attacks, they have formed a community of sorts, first around the tragedy and then around the fallout.
    “It’s been hard to watch for everybody,” said Carlos Arredondo, a 54-year-old Boston area man who was a race spectator that day and became well known for rescuing a young man who lost both legs in the first explosion.
    “We have the support we need, but you know, this whole thing has been upsetting,” he added.
    Write to Jennifer Levitz at jennifer.levitz@wsj.com

http://www.wsj.com/articles

Should be soon...

Come on, like it's going to be anything but the death penalty.

Seriously, all they've gotta be debating is how much for how long.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

I hope each and every one of those counts is a resounding "GUILTY!"
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

i have a legal question. this is a federal case so the death penalty applies but the crime and the trial took place in a state that doesn't have the death penalty. so if he's sentenced to death, how do they choose where to carry it out? or do they send him to a federal prison in a state that does have the death penalty?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

if I remember my poli science correctly -Federal trumps the state law , if it's being tired in a Federal court the Federal law applies not the state law and his death sentence would be carried out by the federal court not state of Mass court system -please someone correct me if I am wrong

^^^
    yeah, of course. my question isn't about how they're going to apply the death penalty but where they choose to execute him. i guess that's what would be behind their choice to send him to one federal prison vs. another?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^That's what I understand. I think it'll be like Timothy McVeigh (OK City). He committed the crime in Oklahoma, but was sent to Federal prison in Indiana, where he was executed.
    sputnik likes this.

Is he expected to get a death sentence? I thought he wasn't.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I think the only federal death row is at the Indiana prison.
    I don't think the US should be in the death penalty business...but as it is, this motherfucker really deserves it. Don't give a shit about the older brother's influence, this guy was all in, and caused an unimaginably wide swath of pain and suffering.
    Sarzy likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

McVeigh was kept at the SuperMax in Colorado for most of his sentence, then transferred to Indiana to be executed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Guilty of using a WMD
    Guilty of Conspiracy to use a WMD
    Verdicts still coming.

Boston (CNN)[Breaking news update, posted at 2:13 p.m.]Jurors in the Boston Marathon bombing trial have found Dzhokhar Tsarnaev guilty of using a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death, and aiding and abetting, a charge that carries a possible penalty of death.

[Breaking news update, posted at 2:12 p.m.]
    Jurors in the Boston Marathon bombing trial have found Dzhokhar Tsarnaev guilty of conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death, a charge that carries a possible penalty of death.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/boston-marathon-bombing-trial/index.html
    Clubber Lang and CornFlakegrl like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

Amen!
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Thread Information