Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    What about a Tibetan Sky Burial?
    I was going to say that we shouldn't litter outer space with our junk but then I looked this up and well...I think this would've been the perfect solution.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Meh, it's just a body (and a holey flattened one at that), defending a disrespectful burial and against religious tenets gives that guy way more publicity than just finding an open hole in a cemetery. You can't get back at the terrorist by how his bag of bones is treated, but you certainly can piss off a billion other followers of the his professed religion.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Very interesting new development coming out of the triple homicide investigation that the Fed now think Tamerlan Tsarnaev was involved in:

By MICHELE McPHEE, JAMES GORDON MEEK, PIERRE THOMAS (@PierreTABC) and JOSH MARGOLIN (@JoshMargolin)
    May 22, 2013

The man shot dead by an FBI agent in Orlando, Florida early today was "about to sign a statement" admitting to a role, along with Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, in an unsolved triple murder in Massachusetts in 2011, two people with direct knowledge of the case told ABC News.
    Ibragim Todashev "just went crazy," and pulled a knife during his interview with the FBI, said state and federal law enforcement officials briefed on the latest strange twist in the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombing.
    One official said an FBI agent was stabbed several times, although his injuries were described by the FBI as "non-life threatening."
    FBI agents and Massachusetts state police began to question Todashev after his name and phone number were recovered from the phone of the dead bombing suspect. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed in a shootout with police days after he and his younger brother Dzhokhar allegedly planted two bombs near the finish line at the Boston Marathon April 15, killing three and injuring more than 260 others. Dzhokhar was later captured and is in custody.
    FULL COVERAGE: Boston Marathon Bombing
    Todashev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev both fought mixed martial arts in the name of Boston's Wai Kru gym, where one of the 2011 triple murder victims, Brendan Mess, also trained, according to a former fighter there and law enforcement officials.

Orange County Sheriff's Office
    Ibragim Todashev was arrested May 4, 2013 in... View Full Size

Did Boston Bomb Suspect Leave a Note? Watch Video

Boston Bombing Warning SignsWatch Video

Boston Bombing: Questions Raised About Tsarnaev's Wife Watch Video

According to officials, Todashev was initially being questioned about any role in the marathon bombing when it emerged he had connections to the gruesome murder. There is no indication Todashev was tied to the bombing, sources familiar with the case said.
    In the wake of the bombing, detectives developed DNA evidence linking both Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his younger brother Dzhokhar to the triple murder scene.

Elite Member

I was about to come post this.

Oh ffs, what kind of losers were these guys???? They had the world handed to them, talented, smart, could have done anything. But noooooo, killing Jews and making bombs was more attractive than taking advantage of anything else offered to them. Was this Ibragim Todashev a Chechen as well? I might be over wondering what made them tick. Who the fuck cares! They are fuck-ups, the lot of them, and I don't usually say that lightly or let the media determine that for me.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Here's some good uplifting news.

Group finishes Boston Marathon
    Updated: May 25, 2013, 11:42 AM ET
    Associated Press

BOSTON -- Thousands of athletes joined victims of the Boston Marathon bombings to run and walk the last mile of the race Saturday, reclaiming the triumph of crossing the finish line.

About 3,000 runners and bombing victims gathered in light rain to run the final mile of the world's oldest annual marathon, said Kathleen McGonagle, spokeswoman for those organizing the event known as OneRun. The 1-mile run began at Kenmore Square and ended at the official finish line, where participants hugged and cheered.

Explosions near the finish line killed three people and wounded more than 260 on April 15.

OneRun honors victims and emergency workers and allows runners to reclaim the final mile, McGonagle said.

"For the runner that didn't get the chance to finish the marathon, this is the chance for them to experience the final mile that was taken away from them," McGonagle said.

Although the event wasn't a fundraiser, donations from some corporate sponsors covered OneRun operating costs, McGonagle said. Any leftover funds will be sent to a charity set up to benefit bombing victims.

The National Anthem was sung by the choir from St. Ann Parish, where 8-year-old victim Martin Richard's family worshipped.
    Boston Marathon group completes last mile - ESPN Boston

Default Man who knew Boston bombing suspect was unarmed when shot

A Chechen man who was fatally shot by an FBI agent last week during an interview about one of the Boston bombing suspects was unarmed, law enforcement officials said Wednesday.

An air of mystery has surrounded the FBI shooting of Ibragim Todashev, 27, since it occurred in Todashev’s apartment early on the morning of May 22. The FBI said in a news release that day that Todashev, a former Boston resident who knew bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed during an interview with several law enforcement officers.

The FBI has provided few other details, saying that the matter is being investigated by an FBI review team that may not finish its probe for several months.

“The FBI takes very seriously any shooting incidents involving our agents and as such we have an effective, time-tested process for addressing them internally,” FBI spokesman Paul Bresson said in a statement Wednesday. “The review process is thorough and objective and conducted as expeditiously as possible under the circumstances.”

The Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations on Wednesday called for an independent investigation by the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. Officials said the division and local prosecutors are already reviewing the case.

At the time of the shooting, Todashev was being interviewed about his possible connection to a triple murder in Waltham, Mass., on Sept. 11, 2011. Law enforcement officials said he had acknowledged involvement in the murders and had implicated Tsarnaev. Officials said Todashev was not suspected of involvement in the April 15 Boston bombing.

Tsarnaev was killed in a shootout with police four days after the bombing. His younger brother, Dzhokhar, was captured later that day and remains in custody.

In the statement about Todashev’s shooting issued on the day of the incident, the FBI said that an agent, along with two Massachusetts State Police troopers and other law enforcement personnel, were interviewing “an individual” in connection with the Boston Marathon bombing investigation when a “violent confrontation was initiated by the individual.”

An agent sustained non-life-threatening injuries, later described by one law enforcement official as “some cuts and abrasions.”

Initial reports citing anonymous law-enforcement individuals provided conflicting accounts of what happened. Some law enforcement officials said Todashev wielded a knife and others suggested that he attempted to grab the FBI agent’s gun.

One law enforcement official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said Wednesday that Todashev lunged at the agent and overturned a table. But the official said Todashev did not have a gun or a knife. A second official also said Todashev was unarmed.

An official said that according to one account of the shooting, the other law enforcement officials had just stepped out of the room, leaving the FBI agent alone with Todashev, when the confrontation occurred.

The shooting followed hours of questioning by the law enforcement officials that had begun the night before.
    Todashev’s father said after the shooting that he didn’t believe the FBI’s account of why they killed his son.

“My son could never commit a crime, I know my son too well,” Abdul-Baki Todashev, who lives in Chechnya, told the Daily Beast Web site. “He worked helping disabled people in America and did sports, coached other sportsmen. The FBI made up their accusations.”

Todashev, a martial arts fighter, met Tamerlan Tsarnaev in fighting circles in Boston before Todashev moved to Orlando.

Todashev’s family said he had a ticket to fly to Russia this month and planned to spend the summer in his native Chechnya.

Officials: Man who knew Boston bombing suspect was unarmed when shot - The Washington Post
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wow, I have not heard anything about this ^ besides on here.

Elite Member

I noticed this story yesterday, too. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but something about this situation with Todashev does not add up. It seems awfully convenient that he implicated Tsarnaev in that murder before he was shot.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Yeah, I don't buy this shit either. Any brown person or person with a "funny" name will be fucked with now whenver the FBI feels like it. Being overzealous won't make the bombing not have happened. Investigate people but don't kill them because they aren't white enough!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Shot in the back of the head???? How was that accomplished in a defensive situation?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Boston Bombing Suspect, Pleads Not Guilty To 30 Charges

By DENISE LAVOIE and JAY LINDSAY 07/10/13 06:06 PM ET EDT

BOSTON -- His arm in a cast and his face swollen, a blase-looking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty Wednesday in the Boston Marathon bombing in a seven-minute proceeding that marked his first appearance in public since his capture in mid-April.

As survivors of the bombing looked on, Tsarnaev, 19, gave a small, lopsided smile to his two sisters upon arriving in the courtroom. He appeared to have a jaw injury and there was swelling around his left eye and cheek.
    Leaning into the microphone, he told a federal judge, "Not guilty" in his Russian accent and said it over and over as the charges were read. Then he was led away in handcuffs, making a kissing gesture toward his family with his lips. One of his sisters sobbed loudly, resting her head on a woman seated next to her.

Tsarnaev, who has been hospitalized since his capture with wounds suffered in a shootout and getaway attempt, faces 30 federal charges, including using a weapon of mass destruction to kill, in connection with the April 15 attack that left three people dead and more than 260 wounded. He could get the death penalty if prosecutors choose to pursue it.

The proceedings took place in a heavily guarded courtroom packed not only with victims but with their families, police officers, and members of the public and the media.
    The Russian immigrant and former college student looked much as he did in a photo widely circulated after his arrest, his hair curly and unkempt. Wearing an orange prison jumpsuit, he appeared nonchalant, almost bored, during the hearing. The cast covered his left forearm, hand and fingers.

The bombing victims showed little reaction in the courtroom after a federal marshal warned them against any outbursts.
    Liz Norden, the mother of two men who lost their right legs in the bombings, said afterward: "I actually felt sick to my stomach."
    MIT Police Chief John DiFava, who was also in the courtroom, said Tsarnaev looked "smug."
    "I didn't see a lot of remorse. I didn't see a lot of regret," he said. "It just seemed to me that if I was in that position, I would have been a lot more nervous, certainly scared."
    DiFava added: "I just wanted to see him. I wanted to see the person that so coldly and callously killed four people, one of whom being an officer of mine."

Authorities say Tsarnaev orchestrated the bombing along with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died following a gun battle with police three days after the attack. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was arrested on April 19, hiding in a bloodstained boat in a suburban backyard after a manhunt that paralyzed much of the Boston area.
    Tsarnaev is also charged in the killing of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer and the carjacking of a motorist during their getaway attempt.
    His two sisters were in court in Muslim garb. One was carrying a baby; the other wiped away tears with a tissue. Tsarnaev's parents remained back in Russia.
    Tsarnaev's lawyer Judy Clarke, an expert in death penalty cases, asked that the judge enter not-guilty pleas for him, but U.S. Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler said: "I would ask him to answer."

On the same day as the arraignment, Boston's police commissioner appeared on Capitol Hill and complained to a Senate panel that the Justice Department failed to share information on terrorism threats with local officials before the bombing.
    "There is a gap with information sharing at a higher level while there are still opportunities to intervene in the planning of these terrorist events," Commissioner Edward F. Davis III said.
    Reporters and spectators began lining up for seats in the courtroom at 7:30 a.m. as a dozen Federal Protective Service officers and bomb-sniffing dogs surrounded the courthouse. Four hours before the 3:30 p.m. hearing, the defendant arrived at the courthouse in a four-vehicle motorcade.
    About a dozen Tsarnaev supporters cheered as the motorcade arrived. The demonstrators yelled, "Justice for Jahar!" as Tsarnaev is known. One woman held a sign that said, "Free Jahar."
    Lacey Buckley said she traveled from her home in Wenatchee, Wash., to attend the arraignment. She said she believes he is innocent. "I just think so many of his rights were violated. They almost murdered an unarmed kid in a boat," she said.
    A group of friends who were on the high school wrestling team with Tsarnaev at Cambridge Rindge and Latin waited in line for hours, hoping to get a seat.
    One of them, Hank Alvarez, said Tsarnaev was calm, peaceful and apolitical in high school.
    "Just knowing him, it's hard for me to face the fact that he did it," said Alvarez, 19, of Cambridge.
    Prosecutors say Tsarnaev, a Muslim, wrote about his motivations for the bombing on the inside walls and beams of the boat. He scrawled that the U.S. government was "killing our innocent civilians," and also wrote: "We Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all."

Martin Richard, 8, Krystle Marie Campbell, 29, and Lingzi Lu, 23, were killed by the two bombs, which were fashioned out of pressure cookers, gunpowder, nails and other shrapnel. Numerous victims lost legs.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Boston Bombing Suspect, Pleads Not Guilty To 30 Charges

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

His lawyer, Judy Clarke, is one of my brother's best friends. I would ask him for scoop, but I don't think there really is any. Her forte is getting the death penalty off the table. I'm sure that's going to be the focus of her defense. (Personally I don't believe in the death penalty, though I often want to kill people.)

The whole thing just makes me sad and tired. Killing in the name of religion, they did it to us so we can do it to them, etc.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

^ I guess she knows what she's signing up for with that as her specialty but defending an SOB like that has to weigh on her.

Magazine says Boston bombing suspect was persuaded to give up by a plea from a former wrestling coach.
    Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is profile in the upcoming edition of "Rolling Stone."(Photo: Rolling Stone)
    Magazine says Boston bombing suspect was persuaded to give up by a plea from a former wrestling coach.
    Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is profile in the upcoming edition of "Rolling Stone."(Photo: Rolling Stone)

Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is portrayed in an instantly controversial cover story in Rolling Stone as a charming kid with a bright future who became a monster, the magazine says.
    The article, in an edition that features a Bob Dylan-style photo of the 19-year-old Tsarnaev on the cover, was drawn from interviews with childhood and high school friends, teachers, neighbors and law enforcement agents, the magazine says.
    It has stirred a strong reaction on Rolling Stone's Facebook page. Rolling Stone is also trending on Twitter in the Boston New England area.
    The article by contributing editor Janet Reitman is titled "The Bomber: How a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam and became a monster."
    PHOTOS: A look at controversial 'Rolling Stone' covers
    Among the findings:
    • FBI negotiators were able to get a wounded Tsarnaev to surrender while huddled in a boat in the backyard of a Watertown, Mass., home by relaying a plea from his former wrestling coach to give up.
    • In the months leading up to the bombings, Dzhokhar was increasingly isolated, with his parents away and his relations with two sisters strained. When a friend asked to meet Dzhokhar's 27-year-old brother Tamerlan, the suspected mastermind of the Boston Marathon attack, the younger brother said, "No, you don't want to meet him."
    • Around 2008, his older brother Tamerlan confided to his mother that he felt like "two people" were inside of him. A friend had suggested to her that he might need a psychiatrist, but his mother instead pushed Tamerlan deeper into Islam in hopes it would cure his inner demons and growing mental instability.
    • Dzhokhar, also known as Jahar, never spoke about the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, but did slip once and told a high school friend he thought the attacks could be justified. He pointed to U.S. policies toward Muslim countries and U.S. drone strikes.
    Tamerlan Tsarnaev died during a shootout with police three days after the April 15 bombings that killed three people and injured over 200 others.
    Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty to 30 counts of a federal indictment in connection with the bombings. He was being held at a prison medical facility outside Boston.
    The article will be published Friday, but news of the cover treatment and glam photo quickly spread on Twitter and Facebook, prompting some sharp criticism.
    Rolling Stone's Facebook page was flooded with comments, most of them negative.
    A sampling:
    • "I think it's wrong to make celebrities out of these people. Why give the guy the cover of Rolling Stone? TIME gave Charles Manson the cover and all the magazines carried pictures of the Columbine shooters on the covers, too. Don't make martyrs out of these people."
    • "Jeff Bauman, who lost both legs, should be on cover"
    • "The best example yet of why Facebook needs a 'dislike' button."
    • "Look at these comments... what an awful mentality this country has... too brainwashed to read read the article or have an intelligent conversation regarding both sides of the story... I wonder how many of you would like to see him dead on the cover of THIS magazine without a trial???"
    • "Is this for real?! Why don't the VICTIMS get the cover instead? It's sick that no one cares that people died, real people with lives and families, they just care about whatever will sell"
    • "I hope not a single person from Boston or New England ever buys your magazine again. the most copies. Want to see true terrorism? Look to the media."
    • "I am so disappointed with Rolling Stone Magazine. I have enjoyed your magazine up until now. I will no longer buy/read the mag. You have just made him a "rock star". How could you?"
    Contributing: Steph Solis

What THE fuck, Rolling Stone?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't go along with the philosophy that you shouldn't show or discuss people who commit horrible crimes. Pretending they don't exist doesn't do anything, nor do I find that such an article and photo glamorizes the asshole. It's valuable to understand how someone like him can end up with the mindset he did.
    twitchy2.0 and JerriBlank like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Thread Information