Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me that they may have been involved. Fucking gruesome shit they did.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Honestly wouldn't surprise me either. Wasn't September 2011 not long before Tamerlan went to Russia for six months? Maybe there was a secondary reason (first being to meet with known radicals), and he beat it out of there in fear of being targeted for the murders? Makes sense since that's what his criminal mother did after her shoplifting arrest. The six month trip always struck me as odd, especially the length. He had a wife and daughter back here. The sprinkling of all that marijuana over the bodies definitely seems like someone was NOT impressed with these men smoking pot and it was kind of an obvious statement. But on the other hand, I find it hard to believe that Tamerlan would have left $5K in cash at the scene. And also, didn't a lot of Dzokhar's friends say he was a pothead? Double standard or did Tamerlan not know that his kid brother was smoking pot too? Hmmm, it's definitely interesting. Especially since September 11 is some kind radical/extremist Muslim celebration day. I wonder what all this mounting evidence is?

And about the conspiracy theorists .... FFS. I stayed up one night a week or two ago and went through this whole thread, which was really weird because it is SO fucked up reading everyone's news alerts as they were happening, knowing that most of the early shit was just such an instant media clusterfuck (not talking about GR members reporting the alerts they were getting, but the shoddy journalism through much of the first week (especially the first day) after the bombings). I read through a lot of the links for the conspiracy theories (I never thought there was one and still don't, but it absolutely fascinates me that certain people always go THERE and scream government coverup) and there honestly was not one even hmmm moment while looking at any of the pictures these people are showing and yelling, "SEE! He's taking his prosthetics off and now the women that was helping him and he himself are making hand signs to tell everybody that everything is in place, oh, and that guy next to him is pouring red paint all over to make it look like blood!!! SEEEEEE!!!" It's just absurdity. And I've never really been on Reddit before, but THAT was really frightening seeing all those people they zoomed in on, knowing that as I'm reading it, these people are completely innocent because they've already caught the bombers, and none of those people they zoomed in on were either of the Tsarneav brothers. I know they were doing it with good intentions, but it's disturbing when you think about what COULD have happened if any of these innocent men walked past some Reddit poster or reader that wanted revenge.

VA Woman Has No Regrets Over Role In Burial Of Boston Bombing Suspect « CBS Boston

Some random woman accepted and buried his body. I sort of get her approach but she didn't seem to consider all of the people who would be affected by her actions.

He's buried. Nobody's affected by that. It had to be done. It would be worse to keep his body around while everybody wrings their hands over what to do with it.

"Especially since September 11 is some kind radical/extremist Muslim celebration day."

What? I think the only people who celebrate that are TV talking heads with their endless yearly rehashing.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^^^ Sorry, I've been wrapped up in multiple articles about Benghazi ... maybe that's skewing my rationale. It just seems ... oddly coincidental? ... that Tamerlan's self professed best friend and some buddies were murdered on September 11 too. And that he immediately stopped going to his old gym and if I remember correctly, didn't even attend his funeral.

And I agree about the burial. He had to be buried. There wasn't any way around that, especially considering cremation is against Islamic rules. While I understand that people are pissed off that he's buried in THEIR area, I'm pretty confident that would have been the case anywhere. I think that we, as a country, should remember our humanity ... yeah, it sucks that the US had to bury him here and he was an awful, horrible person that ruined/changed many lives. But he still needed to buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ Sorry, I've been wrapped up in multiple articles about Benghazi ... maybe that's skewing my rationale. It just seems ... oddly coincidental? ... that Tamerlan's self professed best friend and some buddies were murdered on September 11 too. And that he immediately stopped going to his old gym and if I remember correctly, didn't even attend his funeral.

And I agree about the burial. He had to be buried. There wasn't any way around that, especially considering cremation is against Islamic rules. While I understand that people are pissed off that he's buried in THEIR area, I'm pretty confident that would have been the case anywhere. I think that we, as a country, should remember our humanity ... yeah, it sucks that the US had to bury him here and he was an awful, horrible person that ruined/changed many lives. But he still needed to buried.
    Another weird angle with the triple homicide, besides the date, was that at least two of the three victims were Jewish. Brendan Mess may have been Jewish, too -- I've been hearing conflicting reports.

I don't see why he had to be buried in a real cemetary and potentially piss off and offend people whose loved ones are buried there. Why not dig him a fucking hole in the middle of the desert? Buried is buried, it doesn't have to be in consecrated ground.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Another weird angle with the triple homicide, besides the date, was that at least two of the three victims were Jewish. Brendan Mess may have been Jewish, too -- I've been hearing conflicting reports.
    One theory I read ( a THEORY, mind you) is that these murders were a right of passage for Tamerlan to prove he was serious about committing some serious violence. Killing 2 or 3 Jews on 9/11 would show "someone" that he wasn't planted by any secret service to infiltrate a terrorist group. Much like a gang initiation, where "someone" demanded a certainty that Tamerlan wasn't kidding around.

Strangely, there's a positive angle to that idea. If Tamerlan is the only thing these terroristic groups can muster, they are fuckt.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    'Mounting Evidence' Boston Bombers Involved in 2011 Triple Murder - ABC News

It's long, so I won't post the whole thing, but holy shit, that sounds grotesque.
    No wonder they could blow up a few people -this slaughter took hands on nerves of steel. They have no soul.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That certainly is interesting and disturbing at the same time. I don't understand the radical religious zealots who believe *their* God wants His children to murder other human beings. And this has been going on for thousands of years, it's not just a recent thing (they only have more powerful weaponry and technology now), and it's not just only Muslims throughout history either. There was a time when Catholics killed Protestants (and vice versa), popes justified murder of heretics (who still believed in Christ, just not in the Catholic faith), in very recent times, a few Christian radicals like Eric Rudolph and that Westboro Baptists kill or threaten to kill other Christians for what they believe to be a crime against God and Christ, and on and on and on ... I'm sure no one here needs a history lesson. I've never sat down and read the Quaran, but I've heard and read numerous Islamic scholars say these radical Muslims are twisting the words of their Holy Book to justify jihad. It just numbs my brain that we're still HERE, radicals of all faiths trying to justify tragedies they inflict on innocent human beings. Has thousands of years of history not taught us anything?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I don't see why he had to be buried in a real cemetary and potentially piss off and offend people whose loved ones are buried there. Why not dig him a fucking hole in the middle of the desert? Buried is buried, it doesn't have to be in consecrated ground.
    From everything I've read, authorities were trying to find an anonymous burial site and keep it secret and unmarked because of the obvious attention and notoriety that would follow his burial. In this day and age, I don't understand how authorities ever thought they'd get away with that. They were so many people following that body around, there was no way it could ever be secret. And that funeral director that has been on the news a lot (the one that took his body in because he was used to burying the unwanted, poor and disgraced) is right, IMO ... in this country, we bury the dead no matter what the circumstances of their life were. There would have been a huge uproar if they cremated him (against Islamic law), so there was no other choice but to bury him. I heard his parents wanted him flown to Russia, but the only thing I could find for an answer was that it just wasn't possible (I'm pretty sure Putin would never have let this man be buried in Russia, so I bet that was the reason). I just think they were trying to do the most PC thing and piss off the least amount of people as possible. I mean, really, wouldn't there have been an uproar no matter where he was buried? It sucks all around and I totally feel for anyone that has family in that cemetery and is upset.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    One theory I read ( a THEORY, mind you) is that these murders were a right of passage for Tamerlan to prove he was serious about committing some serious violence. Killing 2 or 3 Jews on 9/11 would show "someone" that he wasn't planted by any secret service to infiltrate a terrorist group. Much like a gang initiation, where "someone" demanded a certainty that Tamerlan wasn't kidding around.

Strangely, there's a positive angle to that idea. If Tamerlan is the only thing these terroristic groups can muster, they are fuckt.
    That is also very interesting, even as just a theory. And totally plausible. I don't see it as a positive angle though ... it only proves you have to have hate in your heart and do what you're taught, and you'll be able to kill four people (I still can't get that picture of Martin holding up that sign about no more hurting people out of my mind ... whenever my mind drifts to the Boston bombings (which is often because it's still big news), that picture of him is the first thing that flashes in my brain), cause mass casualties, changed/ruined some people's lives forever and left a town in terror for a week.

Of course, I really believe there will be a lot more information they dig up (or already have and just haven't released it yet). I find it so hard to believe that they made three perfect pressure cooker bombs on the first try. There HAD to be trial runs. And what about the very radical guy in an area of Chechynya that Tamerlan is known to have met with when he was in Russia on his six month sojourn, and then the radical is murdered and Tamerlan leaves for the US within two or three days? There's got to be more to that story.

Elite Member

I just hope that the authorities find out conclusively, one way or another, whether either or both of the brothers was implicated in the murders. Even though the brothers are obviously evil bastards, ultimately I don't think it's right for every evil act to be attributed to them if it wasn't actually the case (just in the interests of upholding some objective standard of truth). And if they were implicated, it could definitely be a window into their fucked-up brains.

Given that at least one of the victims was supposedly one of Tamerlan's closest friends, my guess would be that the killing (if he did it) was something more personal than a rite of passage demonstration.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Exactly. They should have done the same thing with his sorry ass as was done with Bin Laden. We have NO obligation to do JACK SHIT with terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    From everything I've read, authorities were trying to find an anonymous burial site and keep it secret and unmarked because of the obvious attention and notoriety that would follow his burial. In this day and age, I don't understand how authorities ever thought they'd get away with that. They were so many people following that body around, there was no way it could ever be secret. And that funeral director that has been on the news a lot (the one that took his body in because he was used to burying the unwanted, poor and disgraced) is right, IMO ... in this country, we bury the dead no matter what the circumstances of their life were. There would have been a huge uproar if they cremated him (against Islamic law), so there was no other choice but to bury him. I heard his parents wanted him flown to Russia, but the only thing I could find for an answer was that it just wasn't possible (I'm pretty sure Putin would never have let this man be buried in Russia, so I bet that was the reason). I just think they were trying to do the most PC thing and piss off the least amount of people as possible. I mean, really, wouldn't there have been an uproar no matter where he was buried? It sucks all around and I totally feel for anyone that has family in that cemetery and is upset.
    I disagree. I don't give a tiny little rat turd who it would piss off. And I don't give a fuck if it's against Islamic law. When you come to this country and you break this country's law, why do we have to give a shit if you are properly buried. Burn 'em, bury 'em at sea, I don't care... just get them the fuck OUT of here.
    southernbelle and Serendipity like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Really? Tell that to the people with family buried there. Tell that to the people in the town. Tell it to the chick who took possession of his body and is now getting threats.

They should have dumped him at sea.
    southernbelle likes this.

Elite Member

Why bother with the sea? Just find some muddy lake and weigh the body down.

What about a Tibetan Sky Burial?

Thread Information