Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

A*O

Melbourne Herald Sun newspaper:

The Tsarnaev family, including the suspected terrorists and their parents, benefited from more than $100,000 in taxpayer-funded assistance — a bonanza ranging from cash and food stamps to Section 8 housing from 2002 to 2012, the Herald has learned.
    No wonder they hate America.
    laynes and kasippu like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I just got an alert on my phone saying that 3 more suspects have been taken into custody.

Boston police have three additional suspects in custody in connection to the Boston Marathon bombings, the department confirmed to Yahoo News Tuesday.
    A spokeswoman at the Boston police department directed all questions on the suspects to the FBI, which has yet to disclose their identities.
    Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, is charged with killing three and injuring more than 200 in the two bombs last month. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed while fleeing arrest.

Yahoo!
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^I saw the same thing on the news. All they said is that it's the three arrested are college age and are possibly being charged with harboring the suspects after the bombing.

I do remember reading something awhile back about some college friends helping Dzokhar dump his laptop in the landfill or something like that.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Melbourne Herald Sun newspaper:

No wonder they hate America.
    People in need are entitled to help from the government. Were they supposed to starve on the streets if they had no money?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I just got an alert on my phone saying that 3 more suspects have been taken into custody.

Boston police have three additional suspects in custody in connection to the Boston Marathon bombings, the department confirmed to Yahoo News Tuesday.
    A spokeswoman at the Boston police department directed all questions on the suspects to the FBI, which has yet to disclose their identities.
    Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a 19-year-old college student, is charged with killing three and injuring more than 200 in the two bombs last month. His older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed while fleeing arrest.

Yahoo!
    It's hardly surprising that there are more people involved, but it is depressing.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Elite Member

I *think* what A*O is implying is that there is a disconnect between the Tsaraev's desire to be in the USA and their feelings for it. I'm not convinced they did hate the USA. Except for a mild statement by Tamerlane about not having American friends, I haven't seen any bin Laden style rage against the USA. The younger one won scholarships to great schools and loved student life.

The father and Uncle Ruslan seem to love the USA and all it had to offer. The father was a victim of the KGB who may have suffered neurological impairment which prevented him from practicing law anymore. But he still got a job in the USA as a mechanic and tried to support his family. Ruslan is adamant in his love for being here.

The mother seems like a reprobate, and would be where ever she lived. She kinda reminds me of Dina Lohan with her constant excuses for her sons and blaming of others. I have yet to read anything from her excusing her crime history here or any sort of anguish over the loss of two sons. No, she seems to be avidly turning these events into a blame-the-system moment, with herself at the center. Maybe she's in a Russian holding cell answering vigorous questions right now. Hope she loves the attention.

I don't think these fellows hated the USA so much as indulging in glory seeking. In which case, how are our social services supposed to weed out that kind of character from all the people needing help and support? After the mother was caught stealing, she and the husband left the country quick. How the brothers paid for rent and food as adults, we don't know yet. Maybe they did work the system successfully, maybe not since the wife of Tamerlane had to live with her parents most the time.

There isn't any way to weed out these sorts of characters from the sea of immigrants or those needing social services. Are we going to deny Tamerlane's daughter food because her father was on a Russian watch list? Is that going to prevent him from making bombs and killing people? Is it really that easy?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

fgg

i'm too far behind in this thread to see if this has been posted yet but i just can't believe this:

Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev were classmates of Tsarnaev’s at UMass-Dartmouth who lived in an off-campus apartment in New Bedford and got around in a car with the vanity plate “Terrorista #1.”

The plate, which was pictured on Tsarnaev’s Twitter feed in March, was a joke gift from friends, a lawyer for Kadyrbayev has said.

3 pals of Boston Marathon bombing suspect charged with coverup - U.S. News
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I *think* what A*O is implying is that there is a disconnect between the Tsaraev's desire to be in the USA and their feelings for it. I'm not convinced they did hate the USA. Except for a mild statement by Tamerlane about not having American friends, I haven't seen any bin Laden style rage against the USA. The younger one won scholarships to great schools and loved student life.

The father and Uncle Ruslan seem to love the USA and all it had to offer. The father was a victim of the KGB who may have suffered neurological impairment which prevented him from practicing law anymore. But he still got a job in the USA as a mechanic and tried to support his family. Ruslan is adamant in his love for being here.

The mother seems like a reprobate, and would be where ever she lived. She kinda reminds me of Dina Lohan with her constant excuses for her sons and blaming of others. I have yet to read anything from her excusing her crime history here or any sort of anguish over the loss of two sons. No, she seems to be avidly turning these events into a blame-the-system moment, with herself at the center. Maybe she's in a Russian holding cell answering vigorous questions right now. Hope she loves the attention.

I don't think these fellows hated the USA so much as indulging in glory seeking. In which case, how are our social services supposed to weed out that kind of character from all the people needing help and support? After the mother was caught stealing, she and the husband left the country quick. How the brothers paid for rent and food as adults, we don't know yet. Maybe they did work the system successfully, maybe not since the wife of Tamerlane had to live with her parents most the time.

There isn't any way to weed out these sorts of characters from the sea of immigrants or those needing social services. Are we going to deny Tamerlane's daughter food because her father was on a Russian watch list? Is that going to prevent him from making bombs and killing people? Is it really that easy?
    I do see what you're saying and I thought that was what AO meant, but just because these boys did what they did doesn't mean that the rest of their family are lunatics as well. It just bothers me, this argument that immigrants lose the right to complain about their host country if they find themselves in need of state assistance.

FGG I hadn't seen that, it's not a funny joke in my eyes but even if it was supposed to be funny it's not cool to actually use the bloody thing.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

Tazhayakov and Kadyrbayev were classmates of Tsarnaev’s at UMass-Dartmouth who lived in an off-campus apartment in New Bedford and got around in a car with the vanity plate “Terrorista #1.”
    Charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I do see what you're saying and I thought that was what AO meant, but just because these boys did what they did doesn't mean that the rest of their family are lunatics as well. It just bothers me, this argument that immigrants lose the right to complain about their host country if they find themselves in need of state assistance.
    Complaining or protesting is one thing I'd personally support, body and soul. The Tsarnaevs weren't doing either. From my experience, it's troubling when immigrants move to places like the UK, France or Germany (or even here) for all the nice social benefits and then try to destroy The System that benefits them so much. It's an issue, not really related to the Tsarnaevs, that sticks in my craw. It's more than criticism or complaint. It's a full scale polemic of social rebellion to drag democracies towards darker forms of governing (like Sharia law.)
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

the press reporting on the fact that they benefited from social assistance programmes is just giving the right wing an excuse to draw a link between immigrants and welfare - 2 things the right wing loves to hate - and terrorism.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I really don't think that people are coming to the UK to claim benefits in order to implement Sharia law.

Yes Sput that's what I meant to say too.

A*O

I have no problem with law abiding immigrants or refugees (there's a difference) being supported by the Govt, AKA my taxes. It's what taxes are for. I do have a problem with those who cynically exploit the system and clearly have no respect for the law and culture of the country they've chosen to live in and in this case set out to kill and maim their fellow citizens. If that makes me a right wing fascist then so be it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    the press reporting on the fact that they benefited from social assistance programmes is just giving the right wing an excuse to draw a link between immigrants and welfare - 2 things the right wing loves to hate - and terrorism.
    do you really think that wasn't going to come out? seriously, with absolutely nothing being sacred? I don't have a problem with that being reported. It shows that this country helped these people and in return, a couple of them turned around and spat in the faces of the people who helped them. It's not as if the "help" is going to go away for all immigrants, is it? Nope, doesn't work that way here, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I have no problem with law abiding immigrants or refugees (there's a difference) being supported by the Govt, AKA my taxes. It's what taxes are for. I do have a problem with those who cynically exploit the system and clearly have no respect for the law and culture of the country they've chosen to live in and in this case set out to kill and maim their fellow citizens. If that makes me a right wing fascist then so be it.
    Amen! I guess I'm a right wing fascist too, then. It's the exploitation and the complete lack of respect for law and the lives of innocent people. That probably means I'm an asshole too... totes cool with that also.
    Kathie_Moffett and Butterfly like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I see Stella Tremblay is at it again.....

Stella Tremblay, New Hampshire Legislator, Says Jeff Bauman 'Was Not In Pain' After Bombing

Stella Tremblay, New Hampshire Legislator, Says Jeff Bauman 'Was Not In Pain' After Bombing

The Huffington Post | By John Celock Posted: 05/01/2013 7:03 pm EDT | Updated: 05/02/2013 11:56 am EDT

The New Hampshire state legislator who has said the federal government caused the Boston Marathon bombing claimed proof in a victim who lost both legs and "was not in pain."
    State Rep. Stella Tremblay (R-Auburn) told a conservative talk show host Tuesday that she knows the federal government was behind the attacks because Jeff Bauman, a bombing victim who helped identify the suspects, was not "screaming in agony" after both his legs were blown off. Tremblay made the comments on The Pete Santilli Show, first reported by miscellanyblue.com, a liberal-leaning website, on Wednesday.
    "Then, my first gut reaction seeing the horror of that person that has their legs blown off," Tremblay said. "You know, the bone sticking out? He was not in shock. I looked and I thought, there’s something. … I don’t know what’s wrong, but it seems surreal to me. I talked to my sister, who’s not into politics at all, and she said, 'Yes, I saw the same thing.' He was not in shock. He was not in pain. If I had had those type of injuries, I’d be screaming in agony."
    Tremblay, a tea party member with ties to the birther movement, made the remarks about Bauman after causing a stir with her marathon bombing government conspiracy theory. She said photos of the bombing showed intact backpacks, which she said should have been destroyed if they contained bombs. Last week, she posted a comment on Glenn Beck's Facebook page saying the federal government caused the bombing. She has resisted calls to resign over the post.
    During the interview with Santilli, Tremblay said she should not get all the credit for linking the government to the bombing. She said a constituent had pointed her to the information. She said she previously trusted the federal government.
    Tremblay also praised a YouTube video featuring a man who says he's retired Army Lt. Col. Roy Potter, claiming the federal government was behind the attack. Tremblay said Potter looks honest when he asserts the bombing motive was to divert attention from a pending indictment of President Barack Obama and former President George W. Bush for war crimes, along with a drop in the price of gold and government dysfunction.
    Potter says on the video that the federal government had planned to pin the marathon bombing on a "right wing extremist helped by al Qaeda," but dropped the plan after being discovered.
    “The people who bringing this information out are endangering their lives," Potter said.

JFC, I really want to kick the bitch in the cunt.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Thread Information