Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Nothing. Just pawns in the game, if you read the theories.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Here's the article where the mother says she thinks the blood is paint.
    Sources: Bombing suspect had no guns when captured in boat - CNN.com

Jadestar- I don't think there's been any pictures released of the poor boy who got killed. Going by an article I read about a guy who tried to save him, it sounded like the boy lost a leg, but he wasn't in a state where you wouldn't try to save him.

That picture is awful....my Lord. I hoped it wasn't what I thought it was.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    My housemate has got into reading all these conspiracies, it started with Sandy Hook, and she actually believes it with that one. I can't put into words how frustrated I've got with her before about this. She also doesn't take it very well when I tell her only idiots believe in these. It's easy enough to twist tiny details when we don't know everything, and also we won't ever know EVERYTHING, so conspiracy theorists just feed off our gaps in knowledge and twist every detail until it seems like it could be true, to those that want to believe. I have told her time and time again that she just reads these sites and only hears it from the conspiracy side, so she's been convinced, she's so gullible it's untrue. But of course, she says I'm the gullible one because I believe what the media 'feed me'. What pisses me off is after every one of these tragedies that involve gun violence, you get these people crawling out of the woodwork saying it's all a government ploy to take away guns. Right, so when has that worked in the past 15 years? What was it, four years after Columbine the Brady bill ended and wasn't renewed? Where's the new radical gun snatching laws that were signed into law after Virginia Tech, Tucson, Aurora and now Sandy Hook? If all these shootings were a big ol' conspiracy planned by our government to increase gun control, why hasn't gun control been increased? Hell, if it's the government, they shouldn't even need an excuse, they should just snap their fingers and put some legislation down, no need for children to die. Or you know, imaginary children die. You'd think the government would have figured by now that creating fake shootings or staging shootings just doesn't do the damn job when it comes to pushing gun control legislation, after 15 years of the same rinse and repeat system.

Sorry for the minifesto, really pisses me off.
    The idea that our govt could pull off something like this is ridiculous. Everyone knows they can't accomplish anything.
    laynes, OrangeSlice, Sarzy and 4 others like this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Latest developments in the Boston bombing investigation - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Here are some of the latest developments in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation:

NEW:

-- Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev revealed to investigators that he and his brother intended to drive to New York City and "detonate additional explosives in Times Square," New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a news conference Thursday afternoon. Bloomberg said the FBI told New York officials this information Wednesday night.

And here I thought they were just going there to party.

Well, bombing Times Square isn't a horrible idea...
    witchcurlgirl and olivia like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe they could have taken out some of those mascots.
    witchcurlgirl and laynes like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

or that Guy Fieri restaurant.
    sputnik likes this.

ny is just mad because boston is getting so much attention. the yankees / red sox rivalry runs very deep.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^ I said something similar when i saw Bloomberg on TV today. I was in an out of the room but from what I gathered they had a big old press conference just to tell us they were a target. Allegedly.

I had to turn it off when Bloomberg and whoever the other guy was (homeland security maybe?) started talking about how this is exactly why we need homeland security, and all of the $$ we spend on it, and why it's necessary to overreact (and militarize our country, said I) because LOOK AT WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED.

Only all that $ and effort and stomping on the Constitution didn't prevent Boston, but, hey who's counting. Hush now, Bloomberg.

^ probably ray kelly, our chief of gestapo, i mean, chief of police.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ny is just mad because boston is getting so much attention. the yankees / red sox rivalry runs very deep.
    Go Red Sox!
    Kathie_Moffett and levitt like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    here are some more horribly graphic pictures......i am disgusted at the conspiracy theorists. when they put the poor girl who died (the one in the blue shirt) on the stretcher they must have bent her leg back in place, cuz from where she is laying after the bomb it is horribly twisted up and kind of behind her. UPDATED: Extremely graphic pictures from the attack at the finish line ***WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT*** | RedFlagNews.com
    No...actually...that one pic of her clearly shows that at least her left leg was completely torn off, and the right one was hanging by a thread and twisted up behind her, perhaps under her friend who was right next to her. Poor Krystle, what a hideous and terrifying death. Looks like what happened was that when they took her away on a stretcher they put her severed leg with her. Not in hopes they could reattach it, probably. More like, so she could be buried intact.

I can't really comprehend someone who would do this to another person and smile about it. And I'm relieved I can't. Honestly, I can understand Ted fucking Bundy better than the Tsarnaevs or any of their ilk. I think it's the distancing in public bombings like this that defeats me. It's one thing to look someone in the eye and kill them, regardless of what method you use. Even Ted Kaczynski sent bombs expressly to specific people he wanted dead; it was still personal, at least theoretically. Something about blowing random people to bits like this publicly is just...I can't. There's some extra factor I can't articulate--it's frustrating. And the word "terrorism" has gotten muddied for me, too much misuse, too much buzzwording. Like "bullying".

Personally, I favor executing the younger Tsarnaev in exactly the way he chose to kill his victims. But I can be bloodthirsty at times, I admit it. If anyone ever deserved it, though.........

Nobody has yet shown a pic of that child. They had better not. That's all I can say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Okay,..I looked at those pictures. Can anyone tell me what all is in that 6th picture? The blurry photo with the amputated leg, laying beside a pile of what looks like internal organs and parts. Is that a blurry head in the middle???? There doesn't seem to be a body with it. So is that the little boy that died? Did they pile up all of the dismembered body parts into one heap? Omg....
    I thought, Jeff Bauman's leg probably. I guess they did...clean up by putting all the bits together. Shit. I guess you'd have to, right?

Sad news:

Body found in Providence River identified as missing student

By Richard Weizel
    BOSTON (Reuters) - A body found floating in the Providence River was that of a 22-year-old Brown University student who had been missing for more than a month, Rhode Island officials confirmed on Thursday.
    The body of Sunil Tripathi, who had been missing since March 16, had been found by the university's men's crew team late on Tuesday.
    "We have been able to conclusively determine the body is that of Sunil Tripathi, but will not be able to determine the cause of death for several months," said Dara Chadwick, a spokeswoman for the Rhode Island Department of Health.
    The case received national media attention after social media websites last week lit up with a false rumor that Tripathi, who was on an approved leave from Brown, was one of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings.
    The actual suspects have been identified as brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
    While Tripathi's family blasted those reports last week, they posted a statement of thanks on Thursday on a special website which had been set up to help find the missing student.
    "As we carry indescribable grief, we also feel incredible gratitude," the family said. "To each one of you - from your hometown to many distant lands - we extend our thanks for the words of encouragement, for your thoughts, for your prayers and for the love you have generously shared."
    Brown University President Christina Paxson said on Thursday: "We extend our deepest condolences to Sunil's family for their loss and for the immeasurable pain they have endured during this period."
    The university plans a memorial service for Tripathi on Saturday afternoon.
    (Reporting by Richard Weizel in Milford, Connecticut; editing by Scott Malone, G Crosse)
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

And some nicer news, to make up for all those pictures. Good to see him looking so much better. Nice shirt, too.

Jeff Bauman Gives Present to Fellow Boston Bombing Victim - ABC News

Jeff Bauman Gives Present to Fellow Boston Bombing Victim

By SYDNEY LUPKIN
    @slupkin
    Follow on Twitter

Apr 24, 2013 6:27pm
    (Credit: Courtesy Celeste & Sydney Recovery Fund)

Sydney Corcoran, who was injured during the Boston Marathon bombing on April 15, was still recovering at Boston Medical Center on Tuesday for her 18th birthday.
    So fellow bombing victim Jeff Bauman stopped by to give her a present.
    Bauman is the man in the wheel chair pictured in the now famous Associated Press photo taken shortly after the bombing.
    Bauman, 27, lost both legs in the attack, and Corcoran is recovering from a severed femoral artery in a hospital.
    Corcoran, a Lowell High School senior, was at the marathon with her parents when the bomb exploded. Her motherís legs were badly damaged in the blast and had to be amputated below the knee, her cousin Alyssa Carter told ABCNews.com. Corcoranís artery wound would have been fatal if strangers didnít rush to stop the bleeding.
    Serendipity and angelais like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Jeff Bauman Gives Present to Fellow Boston Bombing Victim
    What a guy! I hope, and I think, his character will help him build a new future after his devastating injuries.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Thread Information