Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quazar, Rusalka, Slushie and 4 others like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

The initial interview with the uncle was kind of a mess, I'm not sure that he was the one who called in; it seemed more like the media found him.
    He didn't really know at all what was going on or much about the boys. He hadn't seen the photos the FBI released, he had his wife show them to him while he was giving the interview. Then he said "yeah, it does look like him" and talked about how he recognized him but wasn't sure because he last saw Dzhokhar as a boy. They asked him about the boys and he said the younger one was quiet, young, but seemed to be doing well as far as he knew. He last talked to Tamerlan in around 2009 on the phone, but he seemed like a bit of a loser because he wasn't going to school. Then the reporter said "you understand Tamerlan was killed, right?" and he had no idea and was obviously upset. At that point he started talking about how they brought shame to the family, they deserved to be killed, etc and really seemed to be trying to distance himself from the boys (understandably).

The amount of misinformation and speculation-as-fact in the media is crazy.

The amount of misinformation and speculation-as-fact in the media is crazy.
    I'd blame social-media (mostly Reddit) and the media networks for outracing each other for a scoop (CNN mostly).
    Rusalka and A*O like this.

This thread grew since I left to sleep. Did anyone hear the interview with their mother? Apparently they were being tracked by some sort of authorities long before this happened, yet she denies they would do this, saying that they were so tightly monitored it could not have happened. If I can find it again, I'll post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARE9rclZCqw Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    I'd blame social-media (mostly Reddit) and the media networks for outracing each other for a scoop (CNN mostly).
    All reddit was doing was speculating, based largely on stuff out of 4chan. They looked at people and gradually eliminated them. It was traditional media reporting that speculation as fact who deserves the harshest blame. They aren't a bunch of people chatting around the water cooler. They're supposed to operate via a code of ethics. I hope the Post and others get the pants sued off them.
    Rusalka, olivia and Mel1973 like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

At this juncture it feels like a Muhammed/Malvo situation to me. The crazed older man with an impressionable younger boy led astray. Yes, the younger did bad things, but by all currently available accounts was a normal kid. I really hope he allows himself to be taken alive so we at least get a motive from the horse's mouth.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Is there any chance he's offed himself somewhere?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    At this juncture it feels like a Muhammed/Malvo situation to me. The crazed older man with an impressionable younger boy led astray. Yes, the younger did bad things, but by all currently available accounts was a normal kid. I really hope he allows himself to be taken alive so we at least get a motive from the horse's mouth.
    So odd you say that, my husband just mentioned the same thing, using Muhammed and Malvo, too. I feel older brother either is a drug lord or was involved in this, given his reaction and what happened at MIT, but little brother seemed to fit in, had friends, doesn't fit the profile.

My mom called and she pointed out Dartmouth has an small airport nearby and I know it's near the water, if he wants to disappear he may have already early. It doesn't seem he wants to go out a martyr.

I also have to add, I am somewhat releieved that they were not Middle eastern that they are being reported as Muslim is bad enough. I think muslim and middle eastern Americans have a lot of racism to deal with already.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    So odd you say that, my husband just mentioned the same thing, using Muhammed and Malvo, too. I feel older brother either is a drug lord or was involved in this, given his reaction and what happened at MIT, but little brother seemed to fit in, had friends, doesn't fit the profile.

My mom called and she pointed out Dartmouth has an small airport nearby and I know it's near the water, if he wants to disappear he may have already early. It doesn't seem he wants to go out a martyr.

I also have to add, I am somewhat releieved that they were not Middle eastern that they are being reported as Muslim is bad enough. I think muslim and middle eastern Americans have a lot of racism to deal with already.
    Or even once that look Indian/arab/aisan. My friends are Sikhs and despite their religion being very different (and them being American) they were subject to a lot of anti-muslim abuse.
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    what the fuck is wrong with you? even if the uncle is an attention whore, why should he cower away in shame over the actions of a relative? and why would you suspect him of being involved based solely on the fact that he's related to them and is speaking to the media? are you responsible for your relatives' actions? would you think it was fair if you had a cousin in jail and everyone assumed you were a criminal too, just because one of your relatives is? i repeat: what the fuck is wrong with you?
    there's nothing wrong with me. wtf is wrong with you? i didn't say he was responsible. it's a theory and it's my opinion. and if my cousin were in jail, yes,it would tarnish the family reputation. get a grip.

Some major shit is apparently going down in Watertown, MA, right now. NBC is live and saying they heard shots fired and a ton of cops and armored tanks are rolling through.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^^At least one ambulance, lights and siren, as well.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Scanner sounds like they'v got him located, police are saying to watch their mikes...apparently he's hiding in a boat in a backyard??

Police scanner here:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

From CNN:

Shots heard in Watertown. Police report operations near Franklin St., advise residents to stay indoors.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

u guys are better than the news! thanks for the updates.

Thread Information