Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by coolios5o View Post
    It's disgusting to read to comments below the videos where the family members of the suspects talk. They're obviously heartbroken to find out their relatives have done something like this. They have known the men since they were kids, and obviously they were at least acting like nice and normal kids. Of course it is absurd for the family members to think they could have done something like this, of course they are in denial and disbelief. I mean, it would be hard for me to believe someone close to me did something like this. It would be hard for it to really actually sink in before seeing real actual evidence. Yes, it is quite likely that they are the bombers since the police have confirmed their names etc. but so far the public and the family has only seen a few photos where the men are shown to carry bags, shown to be close to the bombing sites and then there is the picture where it looks like one of the guys isnt carrying a bag anymore but you cant be 100% sure. Of course they are praying that the police have made a mistake. People just cant think objectively at all..
    I heard their Aunt in Canada was questioning if the police had the right guys. I think that's normal.. I'm sure all of the family is in shock. But ya know.. if they were innocent I'm guessing they wouldn't have grenades and be involved in shootout, or be on the run. At least the Uncle is making some sort of sense of it.

My cousin is still on lockdown in her apartment. The whole thing is insane.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Bronze Member

I know, I mean for me it's quite obvious they are quilty as charged. Im just saying that from a family members point of view, it could be really hard to really, actually believe it until you see something more tangible. I mean, for it to actually really sink in to their minds that someone they loved and someone who they thought was a nice and oriented kid (as has been reported by people who have know them) would do something like this. They must be having such mixed emotions right now and I think it's awful how people are saying the aunt should be killed and she's a cunt etc.

Oh and Im really sorry to hear that your cousin is in the middle of this. Hope she/he will be okay. In no ways Im trying to diminish the victims pain or the people now in the middle of this. I just think its awful that people are bullying everyone who are even a bit associated with these men (as can be seen on twitter as well)
    laynes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    are you serious? the uncle is a total attention whore. anyone associated with these people would naturally want to hide and void the media-maybe issue a statement. they wouldn't stand outside in a freshly dry cleaned shirt answering press questions. he's a total scum bag. i wouldn't be surprised if he was involved and now is saving face because they got caught.
    I couldn't be more serious.

Well maybe here in America the typical response would be "no comment - speak to my lawyer". But this is someone originally from another country who maybe doesn't do things quite the way we would think - he was speaking from his heart - and trying to quell the anger that may be starting against his family, his home country and his religion for actions he had no knowledge of. He sounded truly shocked that someone from his family would do such a thing and wanted to express his sadness and sympathy for the victims and was also trying to convince the 19 year old to give himself up. It was pure emotion.

And why would you say that he is involved? Are YOU responsible for the actions of your extended family?
    Waterslide likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

I would like to know more about the older brother. A lot of people are talking about the young one, but surely the older brother went to school here, had friends, etc.... The younger one has had school friends come forward and make statements. No one is saying shit about the older brother. Where's the wife and kid? Did he even live with his wife? Is she local?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

My friend just text me saying his family live on the same road as the suspects did, Norfolk. They were evacuated this morning and were on CNN.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by janex View Post
    seeing what people he's tweeted in the past are tweeting now is really interesting. most are denying his involvement and saying it's a conspiracy.
    Anything substantial or was it just the usual "IT WAS THE ILLUMINATI!!1" claptrap?

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    My friend just text me saying his family live on the same road as the suspects did, Norfolk. They were evacuated this morning and were on CNN.
    Wow, that's crazy levitt. Glad they're okay.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

The police have now issued an alert for a vehicle that the suspect may be driving. I guess that means there's a possibility that he's not where they think he is in Watertown.

Most of Boston and suburbs just to the northwest are in lockdown. How long can this continue? People will have to leave their homes at some point.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    Anything substantial or was it just the usual "IT WAS THE ILLUMINATI!!1" claptrap?
    I'm guessing it's more along the lines of it being completely out of character from the guy they know.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

They are interviewing another uncle on CNN right now. He keeps telling reporters, "Talk to my brother, he speaks much better English than me!" He says he hasn't seen them in a few years, there was a rift in the family, he doesn't see any ending for his nephew other than he's going to die, either he's going to kill himself, or the cops will kill him. "There's nothing I can say to him that will change this, he's not going to listen to me!" Sad, really. It'd be like questioning me on my cousin that I haven't seen in 5 years.
    Waterslide likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm guessing it's more along the lines of it being completely out of character from the guy they know.

yeah, things along the lines of this. not so much an explicit denial that he did it, but more being in shock i think.

although there's one guy who tweeted something about him not letting an old acquaintance take the fall for a "corrupt government". here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/BIGyms

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by janex View Post
    yeah, things along the lines of this. not so much an explicit denial that he did it, but more being in shock i think.

although there's one guy who tweeted something about him not letting an old acquaintance take the fall for a "corrupt government". here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/BIGyms
    Whoops, sorry janex, I misread your original post. I thought you were talking about people on twitter in general, not acquaintances.

Finally able to post after a couple of days without power.

Everyone's already said what I wanted to say about this whole sad situation, but I just hope they catch the guy alive so they can get justice. God forbid if he commited suicide, he'd probably take a bunch of people out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Finally able to post after a couple of days without power.

Everyone's already said what I wanted to say about this whole sad situation, but I just hope they catch the guy alive so they can get justice. God forbid if he commited suicide, he'd probably take a bunch of people out with him.
    I'd like to have him alive so that we can figure out what makes him tick, why he flipped, and if other people were involved. Like, how did these two guys seemingly have access to so many guns and/or explosive material...

Thread Information