Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

I feel sad for the Muslim community. This family is quite obviously not about hating America or hurting anyone in the name of faith, yet this incident will just renew the religious hysteria and fear about Muslims.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Watch - the uncle will get his own reality show.

That's got to be really hard - to be related to people who did this kind of thing. Especially if you had no idea they were capable of such actions - what a shock. The uncle said he was following the story all week, upset by the events, and then there are his nephews being identified. All of a sudden the world's eyes are on you and it's hard not to feel some level of guilt - just by association, somehow.

Also - it's not over yet but kudos to law enforcement for their quick and excellent investigative work on this one so far.
    are you serious? the uncle is a total attention whore. anyone associated with these people would naturally want to hide and void the media-maybe issue a statement. they wouldnt stand outside in a freshly dry cleaned shirt answering press questions. he's a total scum bag. i wouldn't be surprised if he was involved and now is saving face because they got caught.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    So the younger brother got away from the cops by speeding past them in the stolen/carjacked Mercedes SUV. Has there been any reports at all of anyone seeing that vehicle??? You'd think that would be easy to spot when it was riddled with hundreds of bullet holes.
    I think they have found it, and have the vehicle cordoned off. They also seem to be focusing on a particular house where they think he might be. The last I heard, the police are doing a door-to-door search in the neighborhood. That's gotta be scary for the cops...this is someone who would definitely use booby traps and explosives. But I wonder if he's less brazen than his older brother. It is sad to think of a 19 year old doing this.

I feel sad for the Muslim community. This family is quite obviously not about hating America or hurting anyone in the name of faith, yet this incident will just renew the religious hysteria and fear about Muslims.
    Me, too.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    are you serious? the uncle is a total attention whore. anyone associated with these people would naturally want to hide and void the media-maybe issue a statement. they wouldnt stand outside in a freshly dry cleaned shirt answering press questions. he's a total scum bag. i wouldn't be surprised if he was involved and now is saving face because they got caught.
    Why not go out and answer questions? The media has been fanning out and locating everyone who is even distantly related to him. There is a media helicopter flying over his house. Quite frankly, he appears to be the only one in the family who is thinking clearly.
    Waterslide and Fairy like this.

i think he had to issue a statement and a strong one, to distance himself from it and try and prevent or minimize harassment. imagine how scary it must be for anyone affiliated with these boys.
    Fairy and Sylkyn like this.

what the fuck is wrong with you? even if the uncle is an attention whore, why should he cower away in shame over the actions of a relative? and why would you suspect him of being involved based solely on the fact that he's related to them and is speaking to the media? are you responsible for your relatives' actions? would you think it was fair if you had a cousin in jail and everyone assumed you were a criminal too, just because one of your relatives is? i repeat: what the fuck is wrong with you?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think this board has a "sleeper" who was deeply involved in this whole thing from the very beginning and is now throwing Uncle Ruslan under the bust to throw us off the trail.

Okay, now, let's play "blame the person above you"!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would say that a majority of people in the US probably had no idea there even was a country called Chechnya until this week.
    that's sad

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I would say that a majority of people in the US probably had no idea there even was a country called Chechnya until this week.
    it's still a part of the russian federation though.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would say that a majority of people in the US probably had no idea there even was a country called Chechnya until this week. And now, the first thing they will associate with it are these two murderers. I think the angry uncle called it exactly right when he said they were "losers". Don't give them any glory or special fear, just call them "losers".

I also wanted to note that the dad noting that the younger son is an "angel". Either Tamerlan turned the younger brother really quickly, or the dad is pretty out of touch with his sons and what they are about. Or both.
    Sadly, I agree with you about Americans knowing about Chechnya. I feel as though even Americans who faithfully watch the news every night only probably knows the name of the place in passing. I really felt for the man when he said that, I wanted to tell him wasn't true, but unfortunately it probably is in some respect. There are millions of Americans who don't think that way, but it's always the loud, ignorant people that do and say all the terrible racist crap. I just am sorry he feels that way, and I'm more sorry that Americans would make him feel like that.

I agree about the Dad's comment about them being angels. Again, he might be in shock and/or denial.

An attention whore? That's not the impression I got. We live in an age where people think nothing of bullying people to the brink of suicide or, I don't know, bombing a marathon. I wouldn't want some asshole to take retribution on my family for something I did not do and I think the least I could do to prevent that is state unequivocally in public, on national television, that I do not condone those actions and that my family member should turn himself in. It's his right to distance himself from this and say whatever he wants, especially to defend himself and his family.

Why not go out and answer questions? The media has been fanning out and locating everyone who is even distantly related to him. There is a media helicopter flying over his house. Quite frankly, he appears to be the only one in the family who is thinking clearly.
    True.

ETA

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    what the fuck is wrong with you? even if the uncle is an attention whore, why should he cower away in shame over the actions of a relative? and why would you suspect him of being involved based solely on the fact that he's related to them and is speaking to the media? are you responsible for your relatives' actions? would you think it was fair if you had a cousin in jail and everyone assumed you were a criminal too, just because one of your relatives is? i repeat: what the fuck is wrong with you?
    This. The phone kept ringing and I didn't get to respond quickly enough to the thread, but you said what I was thinking.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Are you serious with this bullshit? And this is the very reason I feel sad for the Muslim community and the perps' family.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    This is really disgusting news reporting. I've been watching CNN and realized that no names had been mentioned and with good reason. Twitter and Facebook can go straight to hell. Plus I've been surfing five news channels and they all say something different. It is just like Newtown. Sensationalism and ratings.
    Yep. The names were mentioned over police scanners. Since the mis-ID, the sites I was reading have taken down their scanner feeds, but others have cropped up. Eventually, the radio traffic issue will have to be dealt with because it's becoming so counterproductive.

Fuck me, I'm feeling pretty awful for even posting the false suspects here.

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    i think he had to issue a statement and a strong one, to distance himself from it and try and prevent or minimize harassment. imagine how scary it must be for anyone affiliated with these boys.
    Seems to me that the uncle did exactly the right thing. Come out strong as early as possible is the only way to protect the larger family at this point.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Bronze Member

It's disgusting to read to comments below the videos where the family members of the suspects talk. They're obviously heartbroken to find out their relatives have done something like this. They have known the men since they were kids, and obviously they were at least acting like nice and normal kids. Of course it is absurd for the family members to think they could have done something like this, of course they are in denial and disbelief. I mean, it would be hard for me to believe someone close to me did something like this. It would be hard for it to really actually sink in before seeing real actual evidence. Yes, it is quite likely that they are the bombers since the police have confirmed their names etc. but so far the public and the family has only seen a few photos where the men are shown to carry bags, shown to be close to the bombing sites and then there is the picture where it looks like one of the guys isnt carrying a bag anymore but you cant be 100% sure. Of course they are praying that the police have made a mistake. People just cant think objectively at all..

Bronze Member

seeing what people he's tweeted in the past are tweeting now is really interesting. most are denying his involvement and saying it's a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by janex View Post
    seeing what people he's tweeted in the past are tweeting now is really interesting. most are denying his involvement and saying it's a conspiracy.
    We will always have the Alex Jones contingent telling us that we can't believe anything and that secret lizard people actually run the planet.
    laynes and janex like this.

Thread Information