Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Right, now I need to go leave work, buy my dinner and walk home. So I'm pretty sure that all the action will happen in the next 45 minutes while I'm not feverishly checking the news.
    McJag and OrangeSlice like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    About the losers comment, I only heard the quote once, but I thought the uncle said they were losers because of their recent actions, that they're going around killing people makes them losers? Maybe I misinterpreted it? The uncle is very emotional and angry right now, so I don't really blame him for using that word, but I agree it's not a catchall phrase for what drove these kids to do this.
    I think the uncle was referring to Tamerlan when he said loser. Not Dzhokhar.

Yep. The minute you leave.
    levitt likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think the uncle was referring to Tamerlan when he said loser. Not Dzhokhar.
    OK, that makes sense, too. I still think at this point he was talking about what they've done, not that they were outcasts in school or however the stereotype of loser is normally thrown around.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Right, now I need to go leave work, buy my dinner and walk home. So I'm pretty sure that all the action will happen in the next 45 minutes while I'm not feverishly checking the news.
    well hurry up then! People want this to be over.
    levitt likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm watching the video with the uncle. I love that guy. I know the area he lives REALLY well. I hope they make him Mayor of Gaithersburg or something.
    Waterslide likes this.

I'm back!

Watch - the uncle will get his own reality show.

That's got to be really hard - to be related to people who did this kind of thing. Especially if you had no idea they were capable of such actions - what a shock. The uncle said he was following the story all week, upset by the events, and then there are his nephews being identified. All of a sudden the world's eyes are on you and it's hard not to feel some level of guilt - just by association, somehow.

Also - it's not over yet but kudos to law enforcement for their quick and excellent investigative work on this one so far.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

https://twitter.com/j_tsar

Dzhokhar's twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    https://twitter.com/j_tsar

Dzhokhar's twitter.

Seems like a relatively normal dude until right around the attack he starts tweeting some shady characters with private profiles.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Seems like a relatively normal dude until right around the attack he starts tweeting some shady characters with private profiles.
    It's interesting, the troll that was here this past week has a Twitter feed that reads like a study in mental illness and this guy's Twitter is perfectly normal until he starts talking to the people with the private profiles and then comments on one of the fake stories going around about the bombing.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Chechnya surprised me too. Doesn't bode well for the Sochi Olympics IMO, which has already had Chechen threats. Hopefully that's just hysterics on my part.
    Didn't someone mention that one of the boys were hoping to go into the olympics? Could this be the connection for their motivation? It's easy to assume that one brother influenced (brainwashed) the other to participant.
    How awful for the injured victims. I just want to hug them all.

Bronze Member

There was an interview with another uncle in CBS Boston. He was so sad in it and couldn't believe they had any part of this. The other boy who got killed had called him yesterday and said they should forgive eachother and spend more time together (there was some family affair, which is why they hadnt talked). Then he finds out they're suspects and an hour ago heard that other the boy got killed. I just felt so bad for him, he was just so shocked and sad... It must awful for families to go through with this kind of thing, especially now that it has been found out that they are immigrants and muslims.
    Last edited by coolios5o; April 19th, 2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Pressed post too soon

So the younger brother got away from the cops by speeding past them in the stolen/carjacked Mercedes SUV. Has there been any reports at all of anyone seeing that vehicle??? You'd think that would be easy to spot when it was riddled with hundreds of bullet holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    That's got to be really hard - to be related to people who did this kind of thing. Especially if you had no idea they were capable of such actions - what a shock. The uncle said he was following the story all week, upset by the events, and then there are his nephews being identified. All of a sudden the world's eyes are on you and it's hard not to feel some level of guilt - just by association, somehow.
    I would say that a majority of people in the US probably had no idea there even was a country called Chechnya until this week. And now, the first thing they will associate with it are these two murderers. I think the angry uncle called it exactly right when he said they were "losers". Don't give them any glory or special fear, just call them "losers".

I also wanted to note that the dad noting that the younger son is an "angel". Either Tamerlan turned the younger brother really quickly, or the dad is pretty out of touch with his sons and what they are about. Or both.

Thread Information