Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Father of suspects: ‘My son is a true angel’

The scene on Norfolk Street, where the suspects are believed to have lived. (Darren McCollester / Getty Images)

The father of the bombing suspects told the Associated Press that his son, who is the subject of a massive manhunt in the greater Boston area, is a good, smart student.
    “My son is a true angel,” Anzor Tsarnaev told the AP by telephone from the Russian city of Makhachkala. One of his sons was killed in a shootout and the other, Dzhokhar, is on the run and considered to be extremely dangerous.
    “My son is a true angel,” Tsarnaev said. “Dzhokhar is a second-year medical student in the U.S. He is such an intelligent boy. We expected him to come on holidays here.”

Boston Marathon bombing manhunt: Live updates as police look for Suspect Number 2
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

ABC translated more of that interview with the father. The father called the boys yesterday to see if they were ok because he was worried about the bombing. They responded with, "Everything is ok Daddy." The poor father didn't have a clue.

They are also interviewing kids that went to school with them as kids, as early as 7th grade. They all said they were nice, funny, good guys. I wonder what went wrong and where they went astray.

If they've been in the US for 12-13 years, what brought them here and why did their father go back to Russia?

UPDATE: The father is watching everything happening on TV in real time. The dead son is married with a 3 year old daughter. The father moved back to Russia for health reasons. The brother also have 2 sisters that live in NYC. The father says he knows of no known ties of the boys to terrorism. He made a public plea for his son to surrender. He still maintains that his sons did not do this. He says they loved the US and would have never done this.

UPDATE 2: They found one of the sisters, that lives in NJ. She's confused and devastated as to "what went wrong with the boys."
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; April 19th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^ That's devastating

The uncle is not as wild about these two guys:

BOSTON (CBS) – The uncle of the two men suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings says they had lived together in Cambridge for about a decade.
    WBZ-TV spoke with the suspects’ uncle, Ruslan Tsarni.

Tsarni says Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev immigrated to the United States around 2000 or 2001, and have lived at the same Cambridge address since that time.
    According to Tsarni, Dzhokhar completed high school in Cambridge and was attending college somewhere outside of Boston.
    Tsarni, who says he hasn’t been in touch with the brothers since around 2009, tells WBZ-TV he believes that the brothers’ parents may have moved back to Russia.
    He described Tamerlan as a “loser.”
    Tsarni was shocked when he was informed of the unfolding situation that left Tamerlan Tsarnaev dead in a shootout.
    “He deserved his. He absolutely deserved his,” Tsarni said. “They do not deserve to live on this earth.”

The girl in the blue shirt was Krystle Campbell. I saw a picture of her taken earlier that day in the same outfit, and in the one of the debris photos (not the close up one) you can see the bag she was holding in the earlier photo on the ground near her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    edit: they had military backgrounds apparently, not here as students .
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    MSNBC just said that the FBI believes that these guys ...... came here to kill people
    Nothing against you guys, just amazed that the news guys don't learn. They keep reporting stuff that's just downright wrong.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    So not what I expected, Chechens. I hope they catch white hat alive.
    Yeah I was surprised too, then when I read more about them, I don't even know if you can call them Chechens per se. I mean, it's where they're from originally but if they've been here 12-13 years, the youngest was 6 or 7 when he moved here so he's spent a bigger part of his life in the USA than back in his home country, and the older brother was maybe 13, so still young. Sounds to me like something went wrong at some point and they went astray, some kids would have gone into gangs or crime, they were maybe looking for roots in all the wrong places and began identifying with radical Islam and terrorism, but I bet you it will turn out they don't even have links with a larger terrorist organisation and were acting alone, for fucked up reasons more related to their personal experience than to Islamic terrorism.
    twitchy2.0 and effie2 like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"Before moving to the United States, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev lived briefly in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim republic that has become the epicenter of the Islamic insurgency that spilled over from Chechnya. On his page on the social networking site VKontakte, Tsarnaev said he attended School No. 1 from 1999 until 2001.

The principal of School No. 1 in Makhachkala, Irina Bandurina, told the AP that Tsarnaev left for the U.S. in March 2002"

Read more here: MAKHACHKALA, Russia: Russia's Caucasus: breeding ground for terror - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com

yes, as a small child. Any sort of radicalization would have happened later.
    sputnik, Jana and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    "Before moving to the United States, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev lived briefly in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim republic that has become the epicenter of the Islamic insurgency that spilled over from Chechnya. On his page on the social networking site VKontakte, Tsarnaev said he attended School No. 1 from 1999 until 2001.

The principal of School No. 1 in Makhachkala, Irina Bandurina, told the AP that Tsarnaev left for the U.S. in March 2002"

Read more here: MAKHACHKALA, Russia: Russia's Caucasus: breeding ground for terror - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com
    Yeah but how long ago was that and how old was he when he attended that school? You think that was the formative experience that radicalised him? I seriously doubt it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    yes, as a small child. Any sort of radicalization would have happened later.
    It definitely seems to have happened much later. What I don't get, though, is why he felt so disconnected from American culture and mores.

The Guardian's Miriam Elder reports on an Instagram post by the Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov. "Any attempt to make a link between Chechnya and the Tsarnaevs, if they are guilty, is in vain," Kadyrov writes.
    The brothers are said by friends and family to have been of Chechen descent and to have grown up in Kyrgyzstan, but there is no established link between the suspects and the political situation in Chechnya. Here's Miriam:

Ramzan Kadyrov, the ruthless leader of Chechnya, took to Instagram, his favourite medium, to distance his republic from the suspects.
    “Tragic events happened in Boston. As a result of a terrorist attack, people were killed. We already expressed our condolences to the residents of the city and to the people of America.
    Today, as the media report, a certain Tsarnaev was killed during a detention attempt. It would be logical if he was detained and an investigation was conducted, all the circumstances and degree of his guilt explained. Apparently, the special forces needed a result at any price to calm society.
    Any attempt to make a link between Chechnya and the Tsarnaevs, if they are guilty, is in vain. They grew up in the US, their views and beliefs were formed there. The roots of evil must be searched for in America. The whole world must battle with terrorism.
    We know this better than anyone. We wish recover to all the victims and share Americans' feeling of sorrow.”

Boston manhunt for bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Gold Member

The uncle (who hasn't seen these boys in years, mind you) is saying that he doesn't think it has to do with Islam or Chechnya. He just thinks the boys were losers that couldn't fit in.

^ But then the younger of the two, the one on the run, has had people already come out and say he was popular and friendly and they would never think he could do something like this.

Gold Member

Yeah, I watched that whole statement with an eyebrow raised. It just seemed like he was trying disassociate himself from the suspects. "They brought shame to the family. They're losers. My brother (their father) didn't have any influence on them."

Thread Information