Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Apparently the suspect was identified as a Russian, not the missing student everyone thought it was. If it really wasn't him then my gosh his family must have had a terrible day wondering if it really was. All of the racist comments flooding every article and trying to bring politics into this will have to change their tune a bit.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

They were brothers, 19 and 20 years old

edit: they had military backgrounds apparently, not here as students but permanent residents. That live link I posted to local Boston news is giving much more info

Boy, all this is coming to a head quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if they either have White Hat today or find his body somewhere.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thanks for the link, Rusalka. Better than the one I was looking at. I'm glad they got at least one of these pathetic cowards alive.

eta: I thought they did have White Hat?
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

No, they killed the Black Hat guy. The white hat is Dzhokar Tsarnaev. The people in the cab were unrelated. A bomb was detonated in a house just now
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

So not what I expected, Chechens. I hope they catch white hat alive.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    No, they killed the Black Hat guy. The white hat is Dzhokar Tsarnaev. The people in the cab were unrelated. A bomb was detonated in a house just now
    So the names released earlier were wrong. Goshdamned, the media really should think about some fucking fact checking!

ETA... I almost wish they had been Americans. The last thing some people need is more reasons to be prejudiced against other "furriners"...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

MSNBC just said that the FBI believes that these guys are full-blown terrorists and that they came here to kill people. Fabulous. Watching video of the shootout now; man, if I lived in Boston, I'd be terrified about now.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Poor Sunil. The media have been a disgrace, just like with the Newtown reporting.

So, apparently THIS is the white hat guy. I hope anyway!

^ Terrifying. The whole place is basically on total lockdown.

I read the bomb explosion was a controlled one done by the police, not set off by these guys but obviously planted/discarded by them.

eta: Yeah his name will forever be linked to this now. I hope he is very well cleared of any involvement by the authorities. That is what worried me about what was happening on Reddit. It was great, but this guy and the guy in the blue shirt who was originally highlighted got dragged into this, especially Sunil. Tough for his family, especially since they've been dealing with him being missing. Maybe all of this will make him turn up, something good out of it.

Dzhokar Tsarnaev is 19 years old.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The bad information is just getting ridiculous. All the blame on the poor missing guy.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

re: Sunil, I hope the publicity does help resolve what happened to him, though. I got interested in reading about him and his poor family! I hope he isn't dead somewhere...

The scanner talk is about detonating a couple of devices they found. How many bombs did these freaks leave in their wake?!? I wonder who was funding them, too.

I have a blogger acquaintance who moved to Watertown last year. She and her hubby and their new baby are safe for now, but I hate to think what she and so many others are going through right now.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Chechnya surprised me too. Doesn't bode well for the Sochi Olympics IMO, which has already had Chechen threats. Hopefully that's just hysterics on my part.

ETA: I replied to wrong post. White hat always looked Chechen to me. I can't imagine why Chechens would be targeting the US instead of Russia, though.

Thread Information