Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Wow, the police scanner is amazing. They have the suspects' vehicle and are securing it. They aren't using police codes, it's all plain speech at this point. They're worried about multiple explosive devices which may still be at large.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Ok so these two planted the bombs at the marathon, then shot a man at MIT, then had a standoff with the police and detonated another bomb, and one of them managed to escape?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I'm glued to the news. Apparently the man killed was a student that went missing at Brown last month? No official news stories confirming that though. Seems like there's a lot of back and forth with the information being presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    I'm glued to the news. Apparently the man killed was a student that went missing at Brown last month? No official news stories confirming that though. Seems like there's a lot of back and forth with the information being presented.
    If it is him, he is the suspect who is still alive.

Yes, Kari, plus they evidently changed vehicles at some point by carjacking some poor guy. Amazingly, they let him go after a while.
    Karistiona likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

A*O

It's my understanding that Black Hat is dead, White Hat escaped and is on the run. Not for long Im sure.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I really wish they hadn't killed the first guy. Surely it'd be sensible to question them to see what they had to say about their motivation etc, I mean what if they're part of something bigger but we don't find out because they're shot during capture.

They probably didn't have any other option Kari, if he was shooting at them!

I hope they find the white cap guy soon. Sounds like they had other bombs made. Maybe to blow up the campus?

^ I read somewhere that Black Hat had a bomb strapped to him, so maybe he was never intending on getting captured alive.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

He died in hospital, not on site. I don't think they had a choice.

Edit: Apparently he had thermal blast wounds, so looks like he had a bomb strapped to him.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

^^Yes, plus apparently they were throwing bombs at the police. Sounds like there was really no chance to take him alive, given how dangerous he obviously was. They couldn't allow even the smallest chance of his getting away to harm others. And yeah, he certainly didn't seem open to negotiation....

I hope they get the Brown student alive. Both names are totally out there, btw. There's a Twitter connected w/the dead bomber though he didn't use it much. His last tweet: "You have enemies, good because that means you stood up for something."

ETA now they're saying on the news that the dead bomber may have died of explosive-related injuries, though he had gunshot wounds. If the dipshit blew himself up, well, there was another tweet: "never underestimate the pain of a person becaise in all cercumstances some people are beter on hiding it than others." (April 7th) That may not be his Twitter but the comments sure fit lol!
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

1: Mike Mulugeta Suspect 2: Sunil Tripathi"

First name is Ethiopian. The second is a missing Brown student, Indian ethnicity, born in the USA. He's been missing from school for over a month.

Mike was killed by a bomb strapped to his chest.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Oh christ ok, I hadn't thought aobut them having explosives strapped to themselves.

According to the Guardian's live feed, bomber 1's doctor's said this:

Schoenfeld says he does not know if the police were able to talk to the man before he died.

Hospital staff refuse to confirm that this patient was the Boston bombing suspect the police describe.

A doctor called Richard Wolfe is asked about the wounds to the dead man. He says: "This was a trauma arrest. Multiple injuries, probably we believe a combination of blast, potentially gunshot wounds."

How many gunshot wounds?

"Unable to count."

Multiple gunshot wounds?

"Yes - and probably a blast injury also. An explosive device, possibly shrapnel, thermal injury. It was pretty much throughout the trunk, it was multiple wounds."

Would it be consistent with a bomb strapped to him? "Unclear," Wolfe says.

Did he lose a lot of blood? "Unable to say."

He was in cardiac arrest before he got to the emergency room, Wolfe says.

eta - apparently bomber 2's of Indian origin and was studying philosophy.

Elite Member

I really hope Sunil is taken alive but I just read a message board that is following police scanners that he's been killed. Maybe not.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

A*O

Even if he's caught alive I doubt we'll ever understand what kind of sick, twisted agenda he has. So many angry young men out there.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information