Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

they look kinda mediterranean to me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

White ballcap guy is dressed quite similarly to this guy detained on the day of the bombings. Police officers detain a handcuffed suspect following a search of the Boston Common area located about a mile from the Boston Marathon finish line where two explosions occurred in Boston, Massachusetts, April 15, 2013 — RT Boston Marathon blast aft. I wonder if it's coincidence or if they had a description of someone suspicious from the beginning?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I thought they looked a bit Italian, olive skinned. But it's hard to tell from those photos.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

A*O

The White Ballcap guy helpfully wore it backwards to fully reveal his face. He'd be instantly recognisable to someone. Whether they dob him in is another matter. Ive stopped watching the TV reports, the standard of which has been truly atrocious.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

They look so young. I hope they're found soon.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Here's the bomber in the white cap leaving the scene of the explosion. He's on the left, and notice he doesn't have his backpack.

Not having his backpack doesn't necessarily mean anything, lots of people dropped everything and ran. That's why there were so many "suspicious packages" afterwards that the bomb squad had to check out.

But since the FBI has identified him, it may well be significant.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He's not wearing a backpack but we can't see his right hand in that shot to see if he's carrying it. I need another picture.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I think they said that they have one of them on video leaving their backpack before the bomb went off. They've not released that footage though.

Sarzy, where is that pic from?

I saw it on websleuths. Not sure where they got it though.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I saw it on websleuths. Not sure where they got it though.
    Ahh, ok thanks! I hadn't seen it before.This one was on there too: http://imgur.com/a/fEZhX Just horrible.
    Last edited by MmeVertigina; April 18th, 2013 at 09:15 PM.

And now to lighten the mood.

Enhance!

'cause stuff gets too depressing otherwise

Oh, and...

Boston Bombing Victim in Iconic Photo Helped Identify Attackers

By Asjylyn Loder & Esmé E. Deprez - Apr 18, 2013 9:45 PM ET

Minutes before the bombs blew up in Boston, Jeff Bauman looked into the eyes of the man who tried to kill him.
    Just before 3 p.m. on April 15, Bauman was waiting among the crowd for his girlfriend to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon. A man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked at Jeff, 27, and dropped a bag at his feet, his brother, Chris Bauman, said in an interview.
    Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing Jeff’s legs apart. A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Center. He lost both legs below the knee.
    “He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview.
    Those words may help crack the mystery of who perpetrated one of the highest-profile acts of terror in the U.S. since the 2001 assault on New York City and the Washington area, one that killed three people and wounded scores.
    While still in intensive care, Jeff Bauman gave the FBI a description of the man he saw, his brother said. Bauman’s information helped investigators narrow down whom to look for in hours of video of the attack, he said.
    Video Released

The bureau released video images of two men yesterday. Both men have on hooded sweatshirts under dark jackets; one is wearing a light-colored baseball cap turned backward on his head, while the other is wearing a dark baseball cap facing forward. Both are carrying large backpacks.
    “I’ve had many times alone with him, and yes, he told me every single detail,” Chris Bauman said.
    Paul Bresson, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, declined to comment on specific tips in the continuing investigation. Two FBI agents interviewed at the Boston office declined to confirm or deny the account.
    On April 15, Remy Lawler, 25, was standing with Jeff Bauman, said her father, Arthur Lawler, of Amesbury. Shortly before the explosion, Remy, who’s the roommate of Jeff’s girlfriend, Erin Hurley, moved closer to the finish line, away from Bauman and another friend, to take better photographs.
    She suffered a baseball-sized shrapnel wound.
    Shortly after, Lawler called her mother’s cell phone and left a message in which she cried “Mom! Mom!” Medics could be heard telling her, “You’re going to be all right,” her father said.
    ‘Feels Guilty’

“She feels guilty about a lot of this -- that she wasn’t with her friends,” Arthur Lawler said.
    It would take hours before the Bauman family knew what had happened to Jeff. They learned about it the way much of the world did: the grisly image on television of their son being wheeled from the scene, his lower legs destroyed.
    Erika Schneider, Bauman’s sister, saw it first. “She called my mom, freaking out,” Chris said. Chris was working at a McDonald’s near their home in Concord, New Hampshire, when his mother called him.
    “Chris, you have to sprint home,” she said. “Something’s happened.”
    Boston Bombing Victim in Iconic Photo Helped Identify Attackers - Bloomberg
    shedevilang likes this.

-- Stephen Hawking

Has anyone else seen the thread where they are comparing the man in the white hat to a missing person? They do look very similar, if nothing else maybe it will help to find the missing person (assuming they are not the same guy).

-- Stephen Hawking

Thread Information