Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Does Boston have public-safety security cams? Or are they going to have to rely on store security cameras and footage people happened to be shooting at the time?

Chilling to look at the before and after pictures of the spectators. and that backpack, knowing what happened next. There were people standing all around it. One moment you're cheering on a race and the next you're laying on the sidewalk with your legs blown off. It's beyond comprehensible.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

A coworker here just sent an email out to everyone that his dad had run the race. He also sent an article where they interviewed his mom. The guy's dad was basically in between the two blast zones, on the road, as they went off. He was unhurt, but it took my coworker's mom, who was there along the finish route, about 15 minutes to find out he was okay (when he texted her).

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Does Boston have public-safety security cams? Or are they going to have to rely on store security cameras and footage people happened to be shooting at the time?
    I saw on the news yesterday where policemen (and other such folk) were LITERALLY trying to speak with EVERYONE before they left the area and asking if they had photos or videos on their phones. If they said "yes", they were asked if the cops/FBI could do a quick download of their shots/videos. The FBI will actually be going through all of that. First, it'll be sorted by timeframe and so on. Amazing undertaking there.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

(CNN) -- Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.
    The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.
    Earlier, a federal law enforcement source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told CNN that a lid to a pressure cooker thought to have been used in the bombings had been found on a roof of a building near the scene.
    While such clues may move the investigation forward, they did not reveal whether the attack was an act of domestic or foreign terrorism.

Last edited by Mel1973; April 17th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I was on a Reddit.com feed and it seems as if some photos captured pics of a man holding a backpack before the explosions occurred that looks similar to the backpack where the device was contained. This is all speculation atm of course:

Investigators 'zeroing in on some people' in Boston bombings, officials say - U.S. News

'Solid leads' from video in Boston bombings, officials say

By Richard Esposito, Pete Williams and Erin McClam, NBC News
    Authorities investigating the Boston Marathon bombing said Wednesday they have developed “solid leads” and identified “a number of people” they want to talk to after viewing hundreds of hours of video.
    Senior officials told NBC News that they were not prepared to characterize those individuals as suspects or witnesses.
    “We are zeroing in on some people,” an official said.
    The investigators said they were focused on video taken in the area closest to the blasts, which killed three people and injured 176 near the finish line Monday. Senior officials in Boston also said the team of investigators on the ground is making “solid progress” and that forensics work on bomb parts continues.
    Earlier in the day, doctors said they have pulled fragments as large as 2 inches, including pieces of wood, concrete and plastic, from the bodies of people wounded in the attack.
    The injuries have been so severe that surgeons have operated a second time on some patients, even after amputations, to fight possible infection, said Dr. Peter Burke, the chief of trauma services at Boston Medical Center.
    Investigators have said the two bombs were housed in metal containers — at least one a kitchen pressure cooker — and studded with metal, including fine nails or brads, to make the devices more lethal. Burke said that doctors are making the fragments available to police.
    A 5-year-old boy was among the patients still in critical condition at the hospital, Burke said. In all, 69 patients were still at Boston hospitals, including 19 critically injured.
    FBI bomb technicians returned to the scene of the explosions Wednesday with police dogs.
    Related: PhotoBlog: Deadly moments after blast captured from just above finish line
    On Tuesday, investigators said their hunt for suspects and a motive in the marathon attack was “wide open” and disclosed the first details about the two bombs — saying that they were concealed in bags.
    The lead investigator for the FBI, Richard DesLauriers, made an passionate plea for help from the public: “Someone knows who did this.”
    The devices appear to have been delivered to the marathon course in duffel bags.

n Boston, people filled a park late Tuesday where an 8-year-old boy killed in the blasts once played. They held candles, joined in prayer and sang “God Bless America.”
    The boy, Martin Richard, was waiting at the finish line. A second death was identified as Krystle Campbell, 29, of Medford, Mass. The third was confirmed Wednesday as Lingzi Lu, a graduate student at Boston University.
    DesLauriers told reporters that the “range of suspects and motives remains wide open,” and Attorney General Eric Holder told the public that no detail that might help investigators was too small to report.
    “Importantly, the person who did this is someone’s friend, neighbor, co-worker or relative. We are asking anyone who may have heard someone speak about the marathon, or the date of April 15, in any way that indicated that he or she may have targeted this event to call us,” DesLauriers said.
    Among photos from the scene under review are two given to NBC affiliate WHDH of Boston by a witness. The first picture shows a bag next to a mailbox along a barricade on the marathon route. The second — which the station said it had blurred because of its graphic nature — appears to show no sign of the bag.
    Related: Anatomy of a bombing: Photos show battery and wires
    There was no way to know whether the bag in those photos is relevant to the investigation, but the station provided them to the FBI for review, it said Tuesday. The person who took the pictures told WHDH that as long as an hour may have passed between the times the two photos were taken.

Sources involved in the investigation said that the pressure-cooker device was effectively a “homemade claymore,” a directional explosive that appeared to include a triggering mechanism using a battery pack and a circuit board. Both of those elements were recovered at the scene.
    A picture from investigators from after the attack showed the mangled metal of a pressure cooker. The other device was housed in a metal container, but so far there is not enough evidence to determine if it was also a pressure cooker, an FBI-Homeland Security bulletin said. Another photo showed the shredded remains of a black bag apparently used to house one of the bombs.

“They functioned as designed,” said one official with strong knowledge of explosives.
    The official also said: “It appeared to be built from scratch but with a sophisticated triggering mechanism. And frankly, at the end of the day, all bombs are crude devices, and it is the way they are triggered that can be sophisticated.”
    Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick also announced that President Barack Obama would attend an interfaith service honoring the victims of the tragedy at 11 a.m. on Thursday at Cathedral of the Holy Cross in South Boston. White House press secretary Jay Carney said the first lady would also attend.
    Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino also said a new centralized fund was set up in order to to gather donations to help families affected by the tragedy. Called The One Fund Boston, contributions can be made through a website, onefundboston.org.
    As Boston struggled to return to normal, the New York Yankees, longstanding rivals of the Boston Red Sox, played “Sweet Caroline,” an anthem of the Red Sox’ Fenway Park, at their game Tuesday night. The Red Sox, playing in Cleveland, hung a jersey in the dugout with the uniform number 617, representing the Boston area code, and the words “Boston Strong.”

Gold Member

Anonymous has already threatened to retaliate against the Westboro Church if they attempt to disrupt any funerals.

From the stories I read, the cameras at Lord & Taylor are the ones that caught the (potential) suspect. He apparently dropped a bag on the ground shortly before the blasts took place. All sources say an arrest is imminent.

We know the media's track record for accuracy isn't always the best - let's see how accurate these reports are.
    laynes likes this.

4Chan has a link to several pics and closeups of multiple people as well.

arrest made.

02:10 PM ET

Arrest made in Boston bombings, sources say

• Arrest made in Monday's Boston Marathon bombings, sources tell CNN's John King and CNN contributor Fran Townsend.
    • Breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near a blast site, source tells CNN contributor Fran Townsend.
    • The bombs, which exploded 12 seconds apart near Boston Marathon finish line Monday, killed three people and wounded
    • Full story here; also, see CNN affiliates WBZ; WCVB; WHDH

[Updated at 2:10 p.m. ET] The last we heard, a law enforcement news briefing in the bombings case was scheduled for 5 p.m. ET today. We'll see if that holds.
    Earlier today, CNN's John King reported that authorities had identified a suspect based on an analysis of video from a Lord and Taylor department store near the site of the second blast, and that video from a Boston TV station also helped. King cited a source who was briefed on the investigation.
    [Updated at 2 p.m. ET] The arrest is based on two videos showing images of the suspect, a federal law enforcement source told CNN contributor Fran Townsend.
    [Updated at 1:46 p.m.] An arrest has been made in connection with Monday's Boston Marathon bombings, sources tell CNN's John King and CNN contributor Fran Townsend. King's source is with Boston law enforcement, he said; Townsend's source is with federal law enforcement.
    [Updated at 1:44 p.m.] While we wait for more information about the possible suspect, some recent information to pass on about one of the three people who were killed in Monday's blasts: Boston University said Lingzi Lu, a graduate student in mathematics and statistics, was killed.
    She and two friends were watching the race near the finish line when the blasts erupted, BU Today reported. The second student was in stable condition at Boston Medical Center; the third student was not hurt, it said.
    The university said that it had the family's permission to identify Lingzi Lu.
    [Posted at 1:40 p.m.] Authorities may have had a breakthrough in the investigation of Monday's Boston Marathon bombings. Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.
    The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development.
    Earlier, a federal law enforcement source with firsthand knowledge of the investigation told CNN that a lid to a pressure cooker thought to have been used in the bombings had been found on a roof of a building near the scene.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Too AWESOME! I was scared we'd have to wait years to get them, like the Atlanta Olympic bombing.
    Last edited by greysfang; April 17th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Great news, I hope it's definitely the bomber.
    Maybe it's the dude with the stripe on his backpack in the photos hustle posted. The timing is interesting.

I hope this is the right guy so this can be resolved quickly!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm sooooooo glad. I want to see that evil motherfuckers face.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Gold Member

Heard no arrest has been made. Looking for a white guy, white backwards cap, gray hoodie, and black jacket.

Damn...USA Today just sent an alert saying that no arrest has been made.

Thread Information