Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    anyone who follows photojournalism will have already seen images like that before. the difference is how fast we have access to them now.
    Yes, and the other element is that there are now different types of media available. Thirty years ago, if a photo like that was going to be published, it would be in print. And in the US, it was a big cultural taboo to put a shot like that in a mainstream newspaper. To use a shot anything like that there would have to be a super-compelling reason. But on the web, there are a plethora of sites that have different policies about that kind of material. And even ways to disguise the shot with a warning so that a person has to purposely click it to see the most graphic shots.

I still vividly remember the first time I saw the picture of Napalm Girl. Photos like that stay with you forever. I still want to hold that girl and comfort her 30-some years later, even though I know she has to be older than me.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    They mentioned on Radio Scotland today that it looked like pipe bombs with ballbearings and other shrapnel-type objects and my stomach dropped, fucking people making these things for maximum damage to humans. The photo of that poor little boy with his peace sign is gut-wrenching, just a normal baba having a nice day out with his family.

It's a testament to the people of Boston to hear how they quickly they seemed to react with donating blood and opening up their homes to stranded people.
    Absolutely. I admire that determination. I have admired it in every tragedy like this. You may scare some people, you may hurt some people, but you will not keep them down. Not for long. And that spirit is what these fucking monsters think they are killing. You will NEVER succeed, you pieces of fucking shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Here's an article about the little boy who was killed if you're ready for it. Don't wanna post the whole article for the people not ready to deal with it yet.

Martin Richard, 8-year-old boy killed in Boston Marathon bombings, mourned by Dorchester neighbors - Metro - The Boston Globe
    Wasn't ready. Now I'm snotting again. This little boy's mother has a severe head injury and his seven year old sister lost a leg. Just absolutely tragic!
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I still vividly remember the first time I saw the picture of Napalm Girl. Photos like that stay with you forever. I still want to hold that girl and comfort her 30-some years later, even though I know she has to be older than me.
    The one that always got me was the fireman carrying the dead baby out of the Alfred P Murrah building after the bombing in Oklahoma City. That one - literally just thinking about it, and I'll bawl like a baby myself.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^you just reminded me of the 9/11 picture where they were carrying out the body of the priest...

They have some photos of the first bomb site - immediately before and after. Based on that, do you guys get the impression that the second bomb was the more powerful one and the one that had the most injuries and fatalities? The first one does not appear to be the area where Jeff Bauman lost his legs, or where the 8-year-old boy and the blond-haired woman lost their lives.

First bomb - before and after:

Mo- I thought most of the pictures were from the first bomb scene, but it's hard to tell.

Anyone see the picture doing the rounds of a guy in the crowd with a similar looking backpack to the one that had a bomb in? It's probably nothing as I bet lots of people's backpacks looked similar. Some people are very eagle eyed though!

This is looking more like a lone wolf nutjob. Going to be difficult.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Boston Bombing Funerals Will Be Picketed, Westboro Baptist Church Says - US News and World Report

Westboro Baptist Church Plans to Picket Boston Funerals

'GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY,' says fundamentalist church

By Steven Nelson

April 16, 2013 RSS Feed Print
    A man is loaded into an ambulance after he was injured by one of two bombs exploded during the Boston Marathon, April 15, 2013.

In a tweeting binge following the explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, the Westboro Baptist Church celebrated the carnage and announced its intention to picket the funerals of victims.

The tiny Topeka, Kan., fundamentalist group urged the U.S. government to "reinstate" the death penalty for homosexuality and warned "violence will fully consume u [sic]" if that doesn't happen. Most of the church's tweets said same-sex marriage caused the bombing, but others mentioned abortion and supposed mistreatment of the church.
    A news release dated April 15 announced the church's intention to picket the funerals of the three bombing victims. Massachusetts, the release says, "invited this special wrath from God Almighty when it was the FIRST STATE to pass same-sex marriage" in 2004. "Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER FAG MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod," said a tweet from the church's @WBCFliers account.
    [READ: New Westboro Neighbors Paint Giant Gay Pride Flag on House]

New sign in action, @bostonglobe! Westboro will do our job to preach the Gospel, then it's your turn to heed! #Boston twitter.com/WBCsigns/statu…
    — Westboro Baptist (@WBCSays) April 16, 2013
    [READ: Bomb Experts Analyze Boston Explosions]
    "THANK GOD FOR THE BOSTON MARATHON BOMBS!! Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those killed. #PraiseGod," said another tweet from the @WBCSays account.
    The church did not respond to an email from U.S. News seeking details about the picket plans. The church's phone line was consistently busy Tuesday. There are no Massachusetts events currently listed on the church's online protest schedule.
    A similar plan by the church to picket the funeral of the elementary school principal who was murdered in the December Newtown, Conn., school shooting was unsuccessful, The Huffington Post reported, because volunteers blocked access to the funeral until church members changed their plans.
    One tweet from @WBCSays Tuesday featured a photo of a man comforting a female victim with blood splattered along a Boston sidewalk. "LOOK at this image - sent directly fm God! He promised to cast ur bloody carcasses on ur flag idol! #WBCIsSoThankful," said the church.
    [POLICE: Still No Arrests, 'Many' People Questioned]

LOOK at this image - sent directly fm God! He promised to cast ur bloody carcasses on ur flag idol! #WBCIsSoThankful twitter.com/WBCShirl/statu…
    — Westboro Baptist (@WBCSays) April 16, 2013
    [PHOTOS: Bombs Explode in Boston]
    Church pastor Fred Phelps - the aging patriarch who is related to most congregation members - said in a comment released on Twitter, "God is busy punishing those who've mistreated His people for preaching." Another tweet said, "Memo to Boston police: Is it time to re-think that mistreat and abuse WBC policy you implemented many years ago?!?!"
    The church also said that the death of 8-year-old Martin Richard was God's punishment. "His blood is on YOUR hands. Died for #SSM," tweeted church member Margie Phelps.
    The church is infamous for picketing the funerals of fallen soldiers with vulgar anti-gay signs and posters. They often picket for maximum exposure and are frequently greeted by irate locals.
    A significant stream of income for the church comes from lawsuits, many arguing that state and local laws – or enforcement of the laws – violate members' First Amendment rights.
    In reaction to Westboro's spiteful piety, a petition on the White House's "We the People" website urges authorities to "ban" the church members from entering Boston."

I just can't anymore with these dicks.

Whatever, they're all talk and no action. Plus, they're not quite dumb enough to fuck with Bostonians.
    laynes likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

18-year-old Sydney Corcoran. The bombs caused a lot of soft tissue damage to her legs, especially arterial. But no amputation. Her mom Celeste lost both of her legs below the knees. Sydney had been hit by a car a couple of years ago and had just recovered and was looking forward to community college.

That poor girl, as if she hadn't suffered enough with a serious car accident. That article mentions that her mum is a hairdresser and that obviously her injuries are going to seriously impact her career.

I really wish the media would stop reporting the Westboro stuff, they're not going to act on any of their ridiculous claims so just freaking ignore it. Jeez.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Fuck those Westboro assholes. They won't do a damn thing and I'm not sure why anyone publishes their bullshit anymore.

I hope Sydney has a full recovery as well as her mother. Just so many awful stories.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Gold Member

Because she hasn't quite been through enough.

Like the man in the cowboy hat. Lost one son in Iraq. Another committed suicide. He attempted to commit suicide himself by lighting himself on fire. How much must you endure in one lifetime? These poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Mo- I thought most of the pictures were from the first bomb scene, but it's hard to tell.

Anyone see the picture doing the rounds of a guy in the crowd with a similar looking backpack to the one that had a bomb in? It's probably nothing as I bet lots of people's backpacks looked similar. Some people are very eagle eyed though!
    Yeah, there's a number of people found be 4chan and Reddit users who have similar backpacks and appear to be alone in the crowd.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I saw that set of photos, I guess the only "good" thing about the bombs being set off at the finish line is that there's a high chance of the perpetrators being caught on video or photograph.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Thread Information