Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree640Likes

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

I really do think that's the woman in the blue top. Damn. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by deenz View Post
    That's what I thought. Horrible
    It really is horrible. Sad, awful, horrible, etc. These poor people.

It's terrible to read that little Martin was killed and his family injured when they were running away from the initial explosion.

Fucking coward bastard that did this.

and so horrible that Krystle's parents were initially told she had survived, and were sent into a hospital room where they found her friend Karen. Karen had been holding Krystle's ID for her, which caused the confusion.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    and so horrible that Krystle's parents were initially told she had survived, and were sent into a hospital room where they found her friend Karen. Karen had been holding Krystle's ID for her, which caused the confusion.

I couldn't even imagine. Thinking that your child is alive. Grateful even. Only to find out it's her friend. My heart hurts.

^omg....heart breaking. I can't even imagine. All the stories we will be hearing about over the next few weeks,...how so many lives were changed, forever,...in an instance.

Its even worse. I saw a picture of the girl in the blue top from another angle and her bottom half was completely blown off below the hips, so yes, she was already gone when the photos were taken.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Since this has happened, all I sing in my mind is "The Change" by Garth Brooks. He wrote in response to the Oklahoma bombing.The lyrics are very moving and fitting, not only for the people of Boston but for everyone.

The Change Video by Garth Brooks - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    It really is horrible. Sad, awful, horrible, etc. These poor people.

It's terrible to read that little Martin was killed and his family injured when they were running away from the initial explosion.
    Even more terribly ironic is that they must have run straight into the second explosion. Look where the web site Deadspin is showing the first and second explosions to be:

That looks like a long way apart from each blast. I wonder if they were closer to the second blast when they were fleeing the first bomb going off.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think she is dead. The reason is, if I heard the Carlos Arredondo interview correctly, when he is talking about tending to the guy with no legs while he was on the ground, he says that two ladies next to him were "totally gone. You can see him talking about it here, at the 1:44 point. Cowboy Hat-Wearing Hero of Boston Bombings Is Famed Peace Activist.

By the way, I'm worried that Carlos has some pretty bad Parkinson's Disease, from looking at his hands. I don't think it's nervousness or delayed trauma.

I am thinking (hoping) it is just from the adrenaline. I shake like that after an adrenaline rush too.

I was following this on reddit last night, the pictures are still haunting me now. I feel so horrible for everyone involved. That Carlos guy is absolutely amazing, what a hero.

I'm really praying for everyone in Boston. The world is so goddamn messed up sometimes.

Officer In Iconic Boston Marathon Photo Is Openly Gay Liason To LGBT Community

Officer In Iconic Boston Marathon Photo Is Openly Gay Liason To LGBT Community

· Comments (4)
    · Print
    · Email
    ·

·
    It’s hard to imagine exactly what you’d do in a situation similar to the events that unfolded at yesterday’s Boston Marathon. But first-hand accounts detailing the quick reactions of first responders and compassionate passers-by have proven what media outlets across the globe have assured us since yesterday: Boston is a tough city, and Bostonions will prevail.

We may never know exactly how many of yesterday’s first responders were members of the LGBT community, but according to Boston Pride, one of the police officers appearing in the iconic photo taken by The Boston Globe‘s John Tlumacki, isn’t just openly gay, he’s the Boston Police Department’s liaison to the LGBT community.

Javier Pagan (far right), was patrolling the finish line where the first bomb went off. The Dallas Voice reports Officer Pagan came out at 26 just one year after joining the force. His husband, Pedro, is a retired NYPD sergeant who also helped rescue victims from the World Trade Center in the weeks following the September 11th attacks.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I agree that the power of seeing the photos will make it real and inspire people to act. I do not agree that the photos needs to be published on demand as the event is happening. I am aware that social media encourages this and it is here to say. I just don't know how I feel about invading the privacy of the victims by splashing their pain about without their consent. I do know that I would be upset if I found out my family member had been killed by seeing the photo of their gutted body on twitter.
    Exactly. Those victims and their families have the right to be treated with dignity. Having some stranger tweet photos of the victims RIGHT AFTER their legs were blown off seems horridly and profoundly voyeuristic and invasive. There were less graphic images that still had the power to tell the story. Hell, I work directly with patients who have devastating limb injuries. It's been my job for over a decade and in that time, I've seen countless amputees. I can't imagine a single one of them who would have wanted the single most horrific moment of their lives splattered across the internet for everyone to see.
    effie2, Karistiona and rollo like this.

A*O

Welcome to the age of uncensored social media. The genie is out of the bottle.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

anyone who follows photojournalism will have already seen images like that before. the difference is how fast we have access to them now.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information