Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Explosions at Airport and Subway Kill at Least 34 in Brussels - ISIS claim attack

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It is such a beautiful city...
    Is Gare Centraale (sp?) damaged?

No, it was at Maelbeek Station, which is in the Midi neighborhood.

When i lived there this station was small and only had light rail, the subway and high-speed trains expansion was under construction. I think they all opened a couple years after I left.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This tall guy lying with a big leg wound,is a pro basketball player..he will survive but his career is over..The human stories behind the cold numbers of victims or wounded ,are incredibly sad..
    And of course my two girls are kind of backing out from visiting Paris in June..I am not happy.
    sluce, dowcat and rollo like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I understand the fear, Effie, but I would let it deter me. Fear cannot win.
    effie2 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

You know,Sluce,whenever i watch these videos with the attacks ,it always hit me.Some people are close and you can see they run to get CLOSER and some walk away from the explosion..Life and death is a matter of a few meters ,minutes and seconds.Sometimes ,when i am going places,i never force my program.If i catch a bus or train,that is the one i was meant to travel on..I am not afraid and i dont think i ll cancel..
    dowcat, sluce, greysfang and 5 others like this.

Amen.
    effie2 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    You know,Sluce,whenever i watch these videos with the attacks ,it always hit me.Some people are close and you can see they run to get CLOSER and some walk away from the explosion..Life and death is a matter of a few meters ,minutes and seconds.Sometimes ,when i am going places,i never force my program.If i catch a bus or train,that is the one i was meant to travel on..I am not afraid and i dont think i ll cancel..

Effie, I was the same way after 9/11. I always felt that if I was on terrorist spot X or in a safe spot then that's where I was supposed to be and there's no point in worrying about it. And we had lots more scares after 9/11, the Anthrax killer and DC Snipers being the big two. We were on high alert a lot for years after the attacks.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was watching a video of the recent Istanbul bombing.There are people walking to the center of the massacre and people walking away.Then there is a young woman going straight into it veryfast and carrying a suitcase.Stupid as it sounds,i caught myself saying..no no ,not that fast ,get back NOW,get BACK..then booom all fire and smoke..horrible

Sickening and infuriating. I don't know what else to say..

I'm starting to accept this as a kind of new normal. I can't even feel shock. Like those above, I figure it's going to happen again and again and if I am there, or someone I love, it can't be helped. These poor people, their families, their country.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It was interesting that a CNN analyst from Europe this morning conceded that there are neighborhoods in Belgium (Maalbeek, I think, was an example) where police now avoid unless they can go in in force. Which they will definitely be doing after this morning.

They meant Molenbeek. That is 1 km away. The Bomb was almost underneath the EU building, where there a lots of meetings with head of states, high ranking official. The Posh part(with Maalbeek) and the 'Molenbeek' part are neighbouring.
    So sad for the people there. Some of my friends couldn't get home, others were not allowed to leave theirs.

Even sadder the ones who lost their lives. When they showed the footage on tv (way to explicit for me) there was a baby stroller just where the bomb went off. How does one do that and believe their doing it in the name of God??

I fly about 6 times a year from Brussels airport. I never felt unsafe. In Januari, I was even annoyed they didn't let us stop in front of the building to get luggage out and was thinking 'it better not be like that when I am with the kids'

My mum flies out to us in a week from there. I just hope she will be able to as I really want to see her.

2 times I nearly escaped a bomb, how many times I yelled to my husband 'We need to go back to Europe" Now Europe is much more dangerous then here.
    Last edited by kasippu; March 22nd, 2016 at 11:47 PM.
    yanna, rollo and panic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    This tall guy lying with a big leg wound,is a pro basketball player..he will survive but his career is over..The human stories behind the cold numbers of victims or wounded ,are incredibly sad..
    And of course my two girls are kind of backing out from visiting Paris in June..I am not happy.
    No, Effie, don't cave in to this. We'll not let this stop us and define who we are. I've never visited Brussels but my dad used to fly there every other week for work. He had nothing but good things to say about Belgians and their hospitality. They can't let Brussels become ISIS HQ.

I am like you with superstition regarding where I travel. It's the reason I don't change seats in airplanes (now with the kid I have relaxed that rule to not changing from front to back of the plane). I'm like, what if this thing has a malfunction or a bomb and my seat could mean life and death. Well, fuck that, I'm not changing.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Nice, If i do the maths, In 2011 one was convicted to 5 years in jail -which could mean was just out of jail BUT
    the other one was convicted in 2010 to 9 years of jail AFTER shooting at POLICE with a Kalashnikov, so he should still be in jail.
    Wow. Nicely done, Belgium.

BROTHERS IN ARMS: GANGLAND EL BAKRAOUI SIBLINGS JAILED FOR WIELDING AK-47S... BUT STILL EVADED SPOOKS

Khalid El Bakraoui
    Khalid, 27, (pictured, right, on airport CCTV) was well-known to police thanks to his long history of organised crime in the Belgian capital.
    In early 2011, he was jailed for five years for possessing AK-47s and committing a series of car-jackings.
    It is not clear when he was let out or, if believing he had nothing to lose, whether he fled to Syria to train with ISIS.
    But at some point he linked up with the terror cell behind the Paris terror attacks and used a false name to rent a property in nearby Charleroi which was used as a hideout.
    In the hours before the November massacre, logistics chief Salah Abdeslam and his brother Brahim are believed to have stopped at the apartment to pick up weapons.
    Khalid later rented out a flat under an alias in the Brussels suburb of Forest which was stormed last week by police hunting Salah Abdeslam.
    Khalid and his brother, Ibrahim, are believed to have escaped during a shoot-out with police.

Ibrahim El Bakraoui
    Like his brother, Ibrahim (pictured right on airport CCTV) had a long list previous offences to his name, but apparently none that aroused suspicion that he might be part of a terror cell.
    That is despite him being sentenced to nine years in prison in 2010 for shooting at police with a Kalashnikov during a robbery.
    Their use of Kalashnikovs, a signature weapon for ISIS and other extremist groups, will raise questions about why they were not monitored more closely by security services.
    It is also not known when the 30-year-old was released from prison or whether he went to fight in Syria.
    But he is also believed to have linked up with the Paris terror squad in the run-up to November's massacre.
    It is not clear, however, when intelligence service made the link between the brothers and those behind the attacks that killed 130 in France.
    Security services will be under intense pressure to explain how they slipped through the net.

Read more: Brussels airport attacks 'man in white' revealed as Paris master bombmaker | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    dowcat likes this.

ISIS nuclear attack fears prompts Belgium to provide all residents with anti-radiation tablets

• 21:05, 29 APR 2016
    • UPDATED 21:05, 29 APR 2016
    • BY RUTH HALKON

Iodine tablets, which help reduce radiation build-up in the thyroid gland, have been issued after intelligence suggested terror cells were planning to set off a dirty bomb

Nicholas Eveleigh/Getty
    Potassium Iodide tablets are used as treatment for potential radiation exposure The entire population of Belgium will be given iodine tablets to combat radiation over fears ISIS will attack the country with a dirty bomb.
    The pills, which help reduce radiation build-up in the thyroid gland, have only previously been issued to people living near the country's two ancient nuclear power plants.
    Maggie De Block, the Health Minister, told La Libre Belgique, the distribution radius would be extended to 100km, covering the whole country of 11 million people.
    The pills will be sent to pharmacies and the public would be ordered to collect their ration in the event of a meltdown.
    Children, pregnant women and those breast-feeding would be given priority.
    Getty
    The Tihange nuclear power plant near Huy, in central Belgium which was on alert after the Belgium terror attacks Following last month's terror attacks which killed 32 people, the Government warned an ISIS cell may have been plotting to kidnap a nuclear expert in order tobuild a “dirty bomb” .

Read more : ISIS hackers release hit list of 3,600 ordinary New Yorkers and urge terrorists to target them

Eleven nuclear workers had their passes revoked.
    Reuters
    Damage is seen inside the departure terminal following the March 22, 2016 bombing at Zaventem Airport Ibrahim and Khalid el-Bakraoui, the brothers behind the suicide strikes on Brussels airport and Metro , are believed to have been involved in a plot to scatter radioactive material across a city.
    The country's nuclear authority claimed the brothers secretly filmed a nuclear industry official late last year.
    Belgium's creaking nuclear plants have been causing safety concerns for some time after a series of problems ranging from leaks to cracks.
    Getty
    Khalid (L) and Ibrahim (R) El Bakraoui were thought to have covertly filmed a nuclear expert Last week Germany asked that the 40-year-old Tihange 2 and Doel 3 reactors be turned off until 'the resolution of outstanding security issues'.
    The reactor pressure vessels at both sites have shown signs of metal degradation, raising fears about their safety. They were temporarily closed but resumed service last December.
    Getty
    Doe nuclear plant, Belgium Belgium's official nuclear safety agency (AFCN) rejected the German request, saying the two plants "respond to the strictest possible safety requirements."
    The key figure in the suspected dirty bomb plot is Mohammed Bakkali, 28, from Brussels, who was arrested in November on suspicion of helping to plan the Paris massacre.

Read more : Paris terror suspect Salah Abdeslam to be placed in solitary confinement after being extradited to France

Police raided his wife’s flat and found a ten-hour video taken by a camera hidden opposite the home of an executive at the Centre for the Study of Nuclear Energy in Mol, northern Belgium.
    The executive had access to radioactive isotopes at the country’s national nuclear research centre.

ISIS nuclear attack fears prompts Belgium to provide all residents with anti-radiation tablets - Mirror Online

I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Paris visit cancelled..girls feel uncomfortable and there is general upheaval there right now..demos and fighting ,tear gas and shit.I dont want to press them into going,i want them to be relaxed and comfortable..So,we decided on Italy,s lake Como instead.I ve been there before and it is lovely..It is not Paris..but it will do.Lets hope it will be a nice ,peaceful trip...
    panic, sputnik, dowcat and 5 others like this.

that sucks, effie. but you'll be back in paris paris soon, i'm sure of it.

the security reason for the iodine pills is scary but not the pills themselves. other places in europe have had it for a long time. when my my family lived in vienna, parents had to sign forms from school asking them to authorise giving the kids iodine pills in case of an accident at one of the many nuclear plants in nearby eastern europe. after the cold war ended and more and more information started to come out about the former soviet bloc, it came out that their safety measures sucked and a lot of them were in disrepair and in need of maintenance.
    panic and sluce like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information