Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Drew Peterson arrested in death of third wife!

Thank God. I hope they can take this smug asshole DOWN.
    I would just love to pop him in the mouth. Arrogant bastard.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm not going to cheer until we see a conviction. I doubt that this miserable scum bastard is finished with his twisting and weaving yet. Countdown to him blaming someone else (possibly a friend or even his own 22 year old son) in 5... 4... 3... 2?

Drew Peterson, Scott Peterson...stay away from guys with that last name.
    MsChiff likes this.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

^^ Also, Michael Peterson, a novelist who was convicted 4 or 5 years ago of murdering his wife in North Carolina.

Another odd piece of trivia...Stacy and Drew's daughter's name is Lacy Peterson.
    MsChiff likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    ^^ Also, Michael Peterson, a novelist who was convicted 4 or 5 years ago of murdering his wife in North Carolina.

Another odd piece of trivia...Stacy and Drew's daughter's name is Lacy Peterson.
    Your whole post made me go
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

I saw this asshole's attorney being interviewed today and he actually confirmed that Drew told the police officers taking him to the station that he 'should have returned those library books'. Since now he won't have a chance...

NICE.

MSNBC.com

Peterson jokes on way to court
    Ex-cop accused of killing third wife jokes with reporters
    The Associated Press
    updated 1:44 p.m. PT, Fri., May 8, 2009

May 8: Drew Peterson joked with reporters as he arrived in handcuffs at a courthouse. NBC's Jay Gray reports.
    MSNBC

javascript:vPlayer('30645846','b31396f6-630d-46f6-8e35-ec8f7c1277a1')

LOCKPORT, Ill. - Former police sergeant Drew Peterson will have to wait more than a week to answer allegations he drowned his third wife in a bath tub.

A judge continued his arraignment to May 18 because neither of Peterson's attorneys was at Friday's hearing.

Peterson was charged with murder Thursday in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio. He is also a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy. He has denied wrongdoing.

Peterson, 55, didn't speak in court except to tell the judge he understood the continuance. But he was cracking jokes when he arrived.

Wearing a red jail jumpsuit, Peterson was brought in handcuffed and shackled around the legs. He told reporters he was getting "three squares a day" and joked about his "spiffy outfit" and his "bling."

Peterson was arrested Thursday evening during a traffic stop near his Bolingbrook home.

Found in tub

Savio's body was found in a dry bathtub, hair soaked in blood from a head wound, just before the couple's divorce settlement was finalized. Her death originally was ruled an accidental drowning but authorities later said it was a homicide staged to look like an accident.

The indictment alleges that "Peterson on or about Feb. 29, 2004 ... caused Kathleen Savio to inhale fluid," causing her death.

Savio's family has long voiced suspicions, saying she feared Peterson and told relatives if she died it would not be an accident. Their fears resurfaced after the October 2007 disappearance of Stacy Peterson, then 23.

Drew Peterson is a suspect in the disappearance, which police have called a possible homicide. But he has not been charged and has repeatedly said he thinks Stacy Peterson ran off with another man.

"I guess I should have returned those library books," a handcuffed Peterson said as state police led him into headquarters following his arrest, according to The (Joliet) Herald-News.

'Lock-tight alibi'
    One of Peterson's attorneys, Andrew Abood, said the indictment was not a complete surprise.

"There was tremendous pressure for the government to do something in this case," Abood said Thursday evening. But Abood said one of Peterson's sons with Savio has "provided a lock-tight alibi" for his father, who faces up to 60 years in prison if convicted.

In an appearance on CBS' "The Early Show" last month, 16-year-old Thomas Peterson appeared alongside his father and defended him.

"I highly do not believe that my dad had murdered my mom. Because, first off, he wasn't there, he was with us during that period of time," Thomas Peterson said on the show.

Peterson has seemed to relish the spotlight since Stacy Peterson's disappearance, appearing in a People magazine cover story and on multiple national talk shows most recently to tout his new engagement to a 24-year-old woman.

From the day Stacy Peterson was reported missing, her husband, a cop of nearly 30 years, knew if investigators weren't focused on him, they soon would be. And it wasn't two weeks before the Illinois State Police made it official, calling Peterson a suspect and her disappearance a possible homicide.

When at the same time authorities announced they believed Savio's death looked like it was a homicide, Peterson knew authorities were looking closely at him as well.

"The husband is always a suspect, whether you declare him so or not," another of Peterson's attorneys, Joel Brodsky, said when authorities revealed an autopsy on Savio's exhumed body showed she was murdered.

Friend found body
    Savio's body was found by a friend of Peterson after the police sergeant called him to say he was worried because he had not talked to or seen Savio for a few days. The couple had recently divorced.

The friend, Steve Carcerano, has said he went to the house and went upstairs while Peterson waited downstairs. When he found Savio's body in the bathtub, he called downstairs to Peterson, who has said he then ran upstairs, took Savio's pulse, but found none.

Peterson's next wife was Stacy, who was 30 years younger. They had two children, who lived with the couple along with Peterson's two children from his marriage to Savio.

On the morning of Oct. 28, 2007, Stacy Peterson talked to a friend. Stacy's sister, Cassandra Cales, tried to call her in the middle of the afternoon, and did not get through. Late that night, Cales went to Peterson's home, but neither Drew nor Stacy was there. A few minutes later, she reached Peterson on his cell phone, with Peterson telling her that Stacy had left him.

Cales didn't believe it and reported her sister missing the next day.

Pamela Bosco, a friend of Stacy's family who has acted as an unofficial family spokeswoman, said "we're just happy for the Savio family."

"We always said that Stacy and Kathleen had one thing in common ... Drew Peterson," Bosco said.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: Peterson jokes on way to court - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

MSN Privacy . Legal
    2009 MSNBC.com

talk about arrogance, no one beats him. What a delusional excuse for a human
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

GOOD! GO TO JAIL, GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS 'GO' AND STAY THEIR YA BITCHAZZ!

So CNN is re-airing the Larry King interview Drew Peterson did a little over a year ago right now. I did not realize that he and Staci named their daughter Laci. Laci Peterson. And they did this while all the shit was going down with the Scott/Laci Peterson case.

I'm sorry, but that's too damn creepy.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well he was cheating on his 3 wife with his idiot 4th wife when she was just 17 and she used to harass his 3rd wife too along with Drew before she was found dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    So CNN is re-airing the Larry King interview Drew Peterson did a little over a year ago right now. I did not realize that he and Staci named their daughter Laci. Laci Peterson. And they did this while all the shit was going down with the Scott/Laci Peterson case.

I'm sorry, but that's too damn creepy.
    Stacy's parents had a daughter named Lacy who died as an infant, before Stacy was born. I assumed Stacy's daughter was named after her, not after the murdered Laci Peterson.

It is a weird coincidence though.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Stacy's parents had a daughter named Lacy who died as an infant, before Stacy was born. I assumed Stacy's daughter was named after her, not after the murdered Laci Peterson.

It is a weird coincidence though.
    Yeah, Drew Peterson mentioned that in the Larry King interview, but I confess I still find it beyond odd and horribly creepy. Even if it held a personal sentimental significance I couldn't name my kid the same name as a famously murdered woman.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I saw this asshole's attorney being interviewed today and he actually confirmed that Drew told the police officers taking him to the station that he 'should have returned those library books'. Since now he won't have a chance...

NICE.
    I interpreted it as him joking that he was being put in jail for not returning library books. Either way---smug PRICK. His demeanor will bite him in the ass, though. At trial, there will be a ton of State's witnesses testifying about his behavior and attitude surrounding the time in question, and I'm willing to bet he was being his douchey self then, too. NOT normal behavior. And how interesting that he was the one "concerned" about not hearing from his ex for a few days, rather than friends or family. Then he had his friend "discover" her. Peterson took her pulse, blah blah--it screams of crime scene cover-up.

One last thing -- if he really had an air-tight alibi, like his nitwit son says, there would not have been an arrest.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Peterson was also cast into the national spotlight this past winter, when girlfriend Christina Raines moved in with him and they announced plans to marry, prompting an irate response from Raines' father. Raines has since moved out of Peterson's house.
    Well, surely he'd have had to have applied for a divorce..... or else its another "mia culpa" from him.....

Ha, I've watched the arrest video at least 20 times this morning...apparently the Chicago Fox station was the only one who had a news crew on the block when it happened. Nice to see him in cuffs and without the smirk he usually wears on his face.

Drew's 22 year old son (also a cop) has been given temporary custody of the 4 kids. (Two teenage sons from his third marriage, and the young son and daughter with Stacy.)

20 million dollar bond which all the "experts" interviewed think will be reduced.
    Thats not going to be easy - esp if the 16 yo is testifying for the dad.....

I wonder how many police will come out & say that they were covering for him after this???
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information