Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing story of missing two-year-old Caylee Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    You'd be surprised at how reluctant most ordinary people are to commit perjury under oath. What would two different, independent searchers have to gain by lying about this? And why weren't their records included in the documents of searches TES was compelled by the court to turn over?

As for whether it was underwater, this is a moot point. The searchers, and in fact several people, say the area wasn't underwater when it was searched at that time. If she wasn't there in September how did she get there by December?

It doesn't matter if it WAS underwater the whole damn time. Cadaver dogs are more than capable of sniffing out submerged remains. Natalee Holloway's father sent cadaver dogs to Aruba last March to search a 15 feet deep reservoir.
    A person could say something wrong under oath, not because they are trying to mislead someone, but because they are simply mistaken, or not competent at what they are doing.

This guy Kronk reported that he sighted something suspicious on Aug 11, 12, and 13. When the police finally followed up, it was during the period that the area was under water. The police officer did not go into the water and look. No cadaver dogs were used at that time.

The two affidavits you posted were from October and November of this year. That's pretty late to assume that this was something that the prosecutors were holding back. Are there earlier signed affidavits from these two people?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    A person could say something wrong under oath, not because they are trying to mislead someone, but because they are simply mistaken, or not competent at what they are doing.

This guy Kronk reported that he sighted something suspicious on Aug 11, 12, and 13. When the police finally followed up, it was during the period that the area was under water. The police officer did not go into the water and look. No cadaver dogs were used at that time.

The two affidavits you posted were from October and November of this year. That's pretty late to assume that this was something that the prosecutors were holding back. Are there earlier signed affidavits from these two people?
    I don't think you even read what I reproduced. Laura and Joseph are two different people, who live in two different cities, (you can look up Joseph Jordan on Websleuths where he chronicled all his search efforts from the very beginning of the case. He lives in Orlando.) who searched on two different days in September of 2008. As Joseph stated HE FILLED OUT DETAILED FORMS of what he saw and where and handed them over to TES. Which means either Joseph Jordan is lying under oath, or TES failed to turn over the documents which pertained to his search. You do know TES FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL AGAINST RELEASING ANY DOCUMENTS AT ALL? Now there are two searchers who are explicitly accusing TES of withholding documents which contain information contradicting the assertions of the State AND TES Officials, including Tim Miller.

I'm not sure why I or anyone should believe "official" statements over the objective oath sworn statments of ordinary citizens who have no. conceivable. agenda. You might want to think about that one.

I don't think you even read what I reproduced. Laura and Joseph are two different people, who live in two different cities, (you can look up Joseph Jordan on Websleuths where he chronicled all his search efforts from the very beginning of the case. He lives in Orlando.) who searched on two different days in September of 2008. As Joseph stated HE FILLED OUT DETAILED FORMS of what he saw and where and handed them over to TES. Which means either Joseph Jordan is lying under oath, or TES failed to turn over the documents which pertained to his search. You do know TES FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL AGAINST RELEASING ANY DOCUMENTS AT ALL? Now there are two searchers who are explicitly accusing TES of withholding documents which contain information contradicting the assertions of the State AND TES Officials, including Tim Miller.

I'm not sure why I or anyone should believe "official" statements over the objective oath sworn statments of ordinary citizens who have no. conceivable. agenda. You might want to think about that one.
    1. Two different people who live in two different cities can still be wrong about what they saw and when they saw it. Even if that's what they honestly recall.

2. Neither of these people accuse TES of withholding documents in their affidavits. They only testify to what they saw.

4. TES's counsel, Mark Nejame, has been very critical of Jose Baez's demand for the mountain of material that they asked for (not just at the spot where the remains were found). He has accused Baez's request of being overbroad. Also TES has very limited funds with which to go over all the documentation they have collected during the various searches they have conducted. And they have numerous volunteer searchers who asked that their anonymity be protected. TES had offered Baez's team forms related to that general search area, but with names redacted to protect their identities.

Hit By Ban Bus!

2. Neither of these people accuse TES of withholding documents in their affidavits. They only testify to what they saw.
    What else could they be saying?

Joseph explicitly stated he filled out forms provided by TES and handed them over to TES; Laura was a volunteer who presumably was also required to put her search in writing on the forms provided by TES, yet TES failed to turn over any documents with either of their names attached.

Are Joseph and Laura accusing THEMSELVES of lying? Either they are lying or TES failed to comply with a court order. There is no way around this implication which is contained in both of the affidavits.

Do you REALLY think two citizens risked charges of perjury and jail time in order to accuse a large and popular volunteer organization of defying a court order to turn over documents? What, they just felt like setting themselves up against the Florida State prosecutors, TES, the media with Nancy friggin' Grace leading the wolf pack? Nancy just ignores them, like she usually does with hard evidence contradictory to the State. And a sworn affidavit is hard evidence. It's like granite. Somebody better put up or shut up.

Don't forget Joseph NAMES or identifies two seperate and credible supporting witnesses to this search. The defense found Laura and Joseph, it's only a matter of time before we'll be hearing from the others.

What else could they be saying?

Joseph explicitly stated he filled out forms provided by TES and handed them over to TES; Laura was a volunteer who presumably was also required to put her search in writing on the forms provided by TES, yet TES failed to turn over any documents with either of their names attached.

Are Joseph and Laura accusing THEMSELVES of lying? Either they are lying or TES failed to comply with a court order. There is no way around this implication which is contained in both of the affidavits.

Do you REALLY think two citizens risked charges of perjury and jail time in order to accuse a large and popular volunteer organization of defying a court order to turn over documents? What, they just felt like setting themselves up against the Florida State prosecutors, TES, the media with Nancy friggin' Grace leading the wolf pack? Nancy just ignores them, like she usually does with hard evidence contradictory to the State. And a sworn affidavit is hard evidence. It's like granite. Somebody better put up or shut up.

Don't forget Joseph NAMES or identifies two seperate and credible supporting witnesses to this search. The defense found Laura and Joseph, it's only a matter of time before we'll be hearing from the others.
    They didn't risk perjury or jail time. All they did was make a sworn affidavit that they conducted a search in the area. It's impossible to disprove unless someone could show that they were in a cafe in Paris having coffee at the time they claimed to be searching in Florida. In other words, they don't have a lot on the line just by saying, "Yeah, I searched that area and didn't find anything." Nobody is going to go after two volunteers who helped look for a missing child on their own time and are trying to make an honest recollection of where they were.

TES is a voluntary organization that, as far as I can tell, literally has no financial ties or interest or anything to gain by withholding evidence that would help Casey Anthony's case. As their lawyer has stated, they have had a difficult time giving Baez all the information that they asked for with the limited resources that they have. And because Laura admits to not being part of an official TES search team in that specific area, it could explain why TES did not find her submitted forms. Just because somebody can't find something doesn't mean that they are willfully and maliciously withholding it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They didn't risk perjury or jail time. All they did was make a sworn affidavit that they conducted a search in the area.
    You can be charged with perjury for lying in a sworn affidavit. These people took a huge risk--for absolutely no reason--if they are lying.

An affidavit is a formal sworn statement of fact, signed by the author, who is called the affiant or deponent, and witnessed as to the authenticity of the affiant's signature by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public or commissioner of oaths. The name is Medieval Latin for he has declared upon oath. An affidavit is a type of verified statement or showing, or in other words, it contains a verification, meaning it is under oath or penalty of perjury, and this serves as evidence to its veracity and is required for court proceedings.

You can be charged with perjury for lying in a sworn affidavit. These people took a huge risk--for absolutely no reason--if they are lying.

An affidavit is a formal sworn statement of fact, signed by the author, who is called the affiant or deponent, and witnessed as to the authenticity of the affiant's signature by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public or commissioner of oaths. The name is Medieval Latin for he has declared upon oath. An affidavit is a type of verified statement or showing, or in other words, it contains a verification, meaning it is under oath or penalty of perjury, and this serves as evidence to its veracity and is required for court proceedings.
    You can take a huge risk for perjuring yourself in a sworn affidavit. However, in this case the possibility of being pursued for perjury would be miniscule. Nobody knows exactly where these people were, and you can't prove that their intentions were to deceive. So, by going out there and saying where they thought they were, they have virtually no chance of being pursued for perjury.

i hope they put her to death. some would say life in prison would be better but she'd be wasting tax payers money, cell space. lied through the whole thing and continues to lie. she just didn't want to be burdened with a child. off with her.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

^ The death sentence results in more taxpayer's money than a life sentence due to the trials/appeals.

Personally, I don't believe in an afterlife so I feel she will suffer more by rotting in a prison cell for the rest of her life. Plus for someone like her who is narcissistic, it would be torture. She loved to fuck every guy, attention seek and party. Another 50 years of a little cell would be hell for her.

^^I agree with you,DeadDwarf. At first I was hoping they would just fry her ass,but the more I study about this case the more I see that it would be worse on her to just be locked away for the rest of her miserable life. I think that alone would do her in because of the type of person she is. If she's not fucking,partying,and spending than she isn't going to be happy. Locking her away would be hell for her.

fgg

Casey Anthony Trial Too Hot for an Orlando Jury

By Tim Nudd
    Monday May 09, 2011 07:40 AM EDT

Jury selection begins Monday in the trial of Casey Anthony, the 25-year-old Florida woman charged with killing her then 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie in 2008.

The jury will be chosen in Clearwater, Fla., in Pinellas County not in Anthony's home of Orange County because of the intense media coverage of the case to date, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

The jury-selection location had been kept secret until Monday.

Caylee Anthony went missing in June 2008. Her mother waited a month to report it to police. Some five months later, Caylee's decomposing body was found in a wooded area less than half a mile from the family's Orlando home.

Anthony, who has been incarcerated since before her daughter's remains were found, is charged with first-degree murder.

Once seated, the jury will be brought to Orlando for a trial that is expected to last two months.

It is about time! I can't believe how long the process has taken!

^^I know. It's been 3 damn years for crying out loud,yet her attorney's were trying to hold up the trail yet again recently. Thankfully the judge shot them down.

This case was everywhere, internet, tv, radio, newspaper--it got a lot of national attention. The thought of actually getting an "unbiased" jury seems like it might take forever.

Anyone else find it rather ironic it took her longer to get to trail than Caylee got to live on Earth?
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Thread Information