Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Disturbing story of missing two-year-old Caylee Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    It is way over the top. It's irrational and frightening, like a lynch mob could form at any minute and hurt somebody.
    Exactly! It's like people become united in hate. I can't even stand to read about this case at the crime boards any more.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^ I want to say they found a strand of Lacy's hair in the boat he took out on his "fishing trip" although I'm not too certain. Anyone know for a fact?
    I read up a lot on that case and my memory is shot (does not bode well for my future)...
    The circumstantial evidence against him was craaazy from the moment he told her mother "I lost Lacy." Weiiird.
    I believe Casey is responsible for her daughter's death and also believe she will never come clean about it.
    That's what I remember too...although I never thought it was shocking that a single hair was found. She was his wife, after all, and people shed hair all the time. Other than that, there was no physical/forensic evidence in the house or vehicles that I recall.

It was his behavior before and after the "disappearance" that did him in, although the bodies being found on the Bay shore pretty much sealed his fate, IMO.

Hard to say whether Casey's lies will be enough to convict her too.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Exactly! It's like people become united in hate. I can't even stand to read about this case at the crime boards any more.

That's what I remember too...although I never thought it was shocking that a single hair was found. She was his wife, after all, and people shed hair all the time. Other than that, there was no physical/forensic evidence in the house or vehicles that I recall.

It was his behavior before and after the "disappearance" that did him in, although the bodies being found on the Bay shore pretty much sealed his fate, IMO.

Hard to say whether Casey's lies will be enough to convict her too.
    I think the reason I compared Peterson to Casey Anthony is because both cases were characterized by a paucity of forensic evidence. And Peterson was still convicted.

Also in both cases, the prime suspects (Scott and Casey) seem to exhibit a similar level of indifference to their missing loved one (pregnant wife vs. tiny daughter).

I'm not in favor of a lynch mob mentality, but I can understand how people following the case would be incredibly frustrated by Casey Anthony's seeming lack of concern for the proper care of Caylee up to, during, and after her disappearance.

^^ I agree, there are lots of similarities. But sociopaths only think about themselves, so they don't know how to play the bereaved spouse/mother, and that behavior tends to backfire on them in a murder trial.

Ironic how they're sometimes smart enough to murder without leaving any evidence, yet their psychological makeup betrays them in the end.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

In the Peterson case, the hair was found wrapped in the pliers on the boat. The body was then found washed up on the beach, which certainly supported the theory that he had taken her out on the boat wired her to some weight (hence the pliers) and tossed her overboard.

^^Oh ok, the hair was in the pliers? A little harder to explain, but still probably not enough to convict if not for the other circumstantial evidence.

Trixie, I completely understand. Some crime boards are just plain "lynch mob" with this case. Of course people are going to be pissed off, and upset but still some of the comments that have been made are astounding.

I don't know if it's been determined, but is casey's trial going to be judge or jury?

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I vaguely recall that it will be judge alone but i may have been dreaming that.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

What is with all the baby killing/abusing?
    It's f-ing disgusting. I want to kill the people who do this. In Calgary,Alberta a woman was found dead in her home, also hidden around the residence were the bodies of three infants.
    If that story isn't posted yet, i'll get on it.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I vaguely recall that it will be judge alone but i may have been dreaming that.
    Hopefully. There's no way in hell they're going to find a totally impartial (is that the right word?) jury.

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    What is with all the baby killing/abusing?
    It's f-ing disgusting. I want to kill the people who do this. In Calgary,Alberta a woman was found dead in her home, also hidden around the residence were the bodies of three infants.
    If that story isn't posted yet, i'll get on it.
    Pretty sure the same story has been posted.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The Casey Anthony defense has proof TES searchers searched the EXACT spot, WITH DOGS, where Caylee's remains were eventually found and she was not there. Not only that, they have proof TES has deliberately covered up this info. Read the entire article here:

Say hello to Laura and Joe

For visual reference, here's a pic of the remains site. The blue tent covers the exact spot where the remains were found. Notice not only it's proximity to the stockade fence mentioned by the searchers in the above reproduced documents, but also how close they were to the road! How is it the poor little baby lay there so close to the neighborhood, decomposing, and nobody around ever smelled or noticed anything? I don't buy it. I think she was placed there by someone other than Casey.

Last edited by Sasha; December 11th, 2009 at 12:03 PM.

I think the police are on record themselves as saying that they couldn't search the area because it was underwater in August. By the time December rolled around, that was no longer the case. I'm not particularly moved by the testimony of Equu Search's people, especially, if they don't have any documentary evidence (photos, etc.) of what they saw or didn't see in the area where Caylee Anthony's remains were eventually found.

That being said, Roy Kronk's (the guy who found the remains) involvement in this case is just bizarre. I may be missing something, but his background and his statements on this case cast him in a weird light.

Casey Anthony, while not yet found guilty of murder, seems guilty of depraved indifference. Handing her child over to someone for an extended period of time, and not even being able to account for that person's existence or prove that they lived where she said they lived. Plus Casey's incredible feats of mistruth to both her parents and the police about who she worked for and where she worked at the time are just mindboggling. Of course people are going to react negatively to her apparent lack of parental/protective instincts.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think the police are on record themselves as saying that they couldn't search the area because it was underwater in August. By the time December rolled around, that was no longer the case. I'm not particularly moved by the testimony of Equu Search's people, especially, if they don't have any documentary evidence (photos, etc.) of what they saw or didn't see in the area where Caylee Anthony's remains were eventually found.
    Umm, these people have sworn under oath that they searched the exact area in September where the remains were eventually found in December. It wasn't underwater and they didn't find Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Umm, these people have sworn under oath that they searched the exact area in September where the remains were eventually found in December. It wasn't underwater and they didn't find Caylee.
    A lot of people swear to a lot of things under oath. Including at trials. It doesn't make them correct. Or even experts in what they do since, by Equu Search's own admission, they use a lot of volunteers.

With regard to the water, here was a news item from WDBO:

"An analysis of water levels in the woods where Caylee's remains were discovered concluded that the area was not inundated with water for most of the period between June 16, 2008 to December 11, 2008. But the analysis did determine that the area was submerged between August 18, 2008 and August 28, 2008."

Hit By Ban Bus!

A lot of people swear to a lot of things under oath. Including at trials.
    You'd be surprised at how reluctant most ordinary people are to commit perjury under oath. What would two different, independent searchers have to gain by lying about this? And why weren't their records included in the documents of searches TES was compelled by the court to turn over?

As for whether it was underwater, this is a moot point. The searchers, and in fact several people, say the area wasn't underwater when it was searched at that time. If she wasn't there in September how did she get there by December?

It doesn't matter if it WAS underwater the whole damn time. Cadaver dogs are more than capable of sniffing out submerged remains. Natalee Holloway's father sent cadaver dogs to Aruba last March to search a 15 feet deep reservoir.

Thread Information